• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hot Matches! (154)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Hot Matches!

After battling a trainer with a Skarmory, Ash decides he must train his Cyndaquil better so it can finally beat it. To do this, he must get his Cyndaquil to get over it's shyness and be able to use Fire attacks immediately. Can Ash do this?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

F

Factory Head Noland

This was a tough battle for Ash's Cyndaquil! Even Brock's Vulpix lost to the Skarmory in battle, I'm so glad that Cyndaquil learned how to light it's flame in this episode because it was kind of weak with only Swift and Quick Attack.

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
This WAS a good episode, great storyline, the intense training Ash gave to his Cyndaquil reminded me of one of the Rocky movies where he fought the Russian bloke(fouth was it?).

Lucky though, Ash should have been creamed first time round when Skarmony was about to knock out a weakened Cyndaquil with a Steel Wing, but Team Rocket interfered lol.

I was disappointed in Brock, thought he would of gave her a better match, after all this guy was a gym leader!

wobbanut

Team Awesome
It's too bad that vulpix didn't really stand a chance against skarmory, we hardly ever got to see it battle. :( At least this episode was great for turning Cyndaquil into a decent fighter. :) My favorite part of the episode had to be where Ash was trying to demonstrate to Cyndaquil how to get his flame going. LOL, I wonder why nobody's put *that* picture in the picture caption thread yet, it's just asking for one.

L

lightspeed

I love this episode, Cyndaquil was awesome, defeating the powerful Skarmory in the rematch. I love the part where Ash and Cyndaquil trained together, it was cool. Overall, a great episode.

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
Great filler episode with a great filler character (Mickey) who looks a bit like Sora of Digimon Season 1

An alright episode with one intense battle, I'd say, I mean, it looked like Ash was going to lose again

Magmarashi

Bastion of Flame
This episode was pretty cool.

It seemed to showcase Skarmory/Airmd's power. I thought it was a bit too strong. Didn't it take Satoshi something like Three Pokemon to defeat it?

Battra

Excellent episode with an excellent battle, Skarmory is definitely on of my favorite bird Pokemon. I'm a bit surprised they didn't go with a Totodile episode coming off of Ash catching one last episode, but it's always nice to see Cyndaquil.

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
I'm so proud of little Cyndaquil!:)

Torpoleon

That Skarmory is strong! If it could tolerate a Flame Thrower then that Skarmory was trained well. Of course, at the end, Cyndaquil wins in the second battle.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I think it was nice that Ash never gave up on Cyndaquil and then it managed to prove that it wasn't useless.

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I am so glad that Cyndaquil learned how to control its flame. That Skarmory was also really strong, being able to withstand Cyndaquil's flamethrower. I liked that we got to see Brock battle. However, I thought he would have been able to put up a better fight. I guess he has lost a lot of his skills since leaving the gym. I liked the training that Ash and Cyndaquil did, and it obviously paid off. Now I hope he learns to train all of his pokemon just as hard, mainly Chikorita and Totodile.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
You do realize that episode aired a long time ago, and that Chikorita is now a Bayleef, and it's highly unlikely any of Ash's Sinnoh Pokemon will ever join his party again?

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Aw, Ash and Cyndaquil, working together to defeat an awesome Skarmory. Haha, at least it's able to finally light its flame on command now. I'm glad it finally learned how :3

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Great Cyndaquil episode.
i realy loved how it beat Skarmory, especially after some training it does.
and it was good to see Brock battles again.