• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hot Springing a Leak (531)

uber gon

Accept Change
Should this episode really be considered a filler, or a foreshadowing episode?

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
The episode with the cake making Pikachu from early DP was by far the worst filler so far this saga.

God that episode sucked.

Frankly, I can´t understand at all why this episode repelled you so much. :(
The plot was really decent and you just had to fancy all those hilarious moments, especially Team Rocket´s sayings.

As I`ve already mentioned, the battle showed weak spots but all the other scenes were worth being watched.

I myself felt totally joyful about this "filler" (I hate this word as it sounds so pejorative and can´t be applied to this sucessfull episode at all)

Cobalt_Latios

Considering your first argument, I have to agree ,especially after I´ve watched this episode for the second time. I´m quite convinced there wasn´t meant to be a clear winner. Anyways, we´ll just have to like it or lump it!

But I disagree with you when it comes to your second argument:
During Ash´s battle in the Battle Factory with Charizard against Articuno, it was stated that ice-type didn´t do any damage to fire -type Pokemon! Well, whereas this again contradicts the Orange episode when a Poliwrath actually froze Charizard...hmmm, weird..

Nevertheless, a great episode which ,apart from the weird battle, was again a pleasure to watch !
Let's not forget who was dubbing the show at the time...

The episode with the cake making Pikachu from early DP was by far the worst filler so far this saga.

God that episode sucked.
Took me a little while to figure out which episode you were referring to; Cooking a Sweet Story.

Personally, I didn't think it was that bad. Sure, many predictable things happen, but I found some comedy involved. Though, if one can think that somehow Team Rocket is involved with the "leak", then well the rest isn't nearly as fun. Of course, the overused "hot/cold" technique seemed a bit out of place.

You know something, after seeing this episode, it's quite official: we're never going to find out why Kenny/Leona calls Dawn Dede.

And another thing, Badabing badaboom, it's-a me Mario! We know this thing is made by Nintendo, but this is just too much.

Though, I did find the short story-esque thing rather entertaining.

At least next episode's supposed to be better.

~C_L~

RedJirachi

Veteran member

Medea

Excalibur
I just saw this episode again and well this episode was okay for the most part. I enjoyed the whole chemistry between Leona and Dawn. But of course, I still think that it wasn't as great as the first hot spring episode involving three Swinub. So there. Just saying. And thanks to that stupid robot of Team Rocket's I spent a majority of yesterday shouting out "Badabing Badaboom."

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Not the best episode, but at least we got the recurring joke again of Dawn refusing to elaborate on the "DeeDee" nickname. :) The flashback to the past with Dawn and her friend were cute too.

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
Speaking of the robot, did it say anything in the Japanese version?

I'm pretty sure it said nothing - they made it say something for the american kids i suppose...

Not the best episode, but at least we got the recurring joke again of Dawn refusing to elaborate on the "DeeDee" nickname. :) The flashback to the past with Dawn and her friend were cute too.

ecspecially the part where they beat up that bully and next thing you know their foot is on top of him. Overall a decent filler.

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
I think it was cute that Dawn has this friend in the middle of nowhere - it makes perfect sense....

JNottle

I'm thinking that the Dee-Dee nickname will continue for a long time until someone explains it.

Although I like how Ash had the guts to ask though. ;)

hmmm

Scuffle of Legends
So since Leona said she wold go back to gym battles, would she be considered a legitamit rival? She has had no reconition, and Ash already has a few rivals. Or will she be a another "Johto Rival" that Ash has nevvr seen again?

I'm hoping they bring her back in the Sinnoh League with a full variety of pokemon, and not just Swinub/Piloswine/Mamoswine.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Yeah, the Swinub were cute. About Leona, I'd love to see her in the league and I can see her with a lot of Ground- and Ice-type Pokémon.

The episode was great, I loved Team Rocket's motto about juvenile court. Hilarious!

Deicario

I believe I can fly.
The episode wasn't horrible but wasn't excellent. The beginning was okay but Dawn didn't was kind of 'rude' to her friend. "We'll just go into the spa's now, okay?" Swinub was cool and Team rocket's motto was decent. The robot was a highlight but some disturbing scenes and a battle that felt tacked on brought down the score.
6.9/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Swinub are always cute, but wasn't this too much like the Johto hot spring episode? :/

I loved that we finally met a friend of Dawn who ISN'T into Pokemon Contests (and another friend who calls her "Dee Dee"). I was beginning to think that Twinleaf Town raised everyone to be a Coordinator :p

Anyway, loved the battle at the end with Swinub and Piplup teaming up to take on Ash and Brock. 9/10