• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

hottest anime girls!

zlxq3000

Master Collector
We'll need some evidence of this. Give us some photo proof.

..."Pix or it didn't happen"? In my Serebii Forums? Dear god, it's the beginning of the end...

Hmm, let's see... Yoko (Gurren Lagann), Faye Valentine (Cowboy Bebop), Matsumoto kinda-sorta (Bleach)... the mom from Keroro Gunso's pretty hot, too... That's all I can think of at the moment.

I'm sure you can all figure out what part of fantasy anatomy I like the best. Heh heh... 'tis what makes the fantasy so... fantastical. >:3

Lucos

I bet you think essentially all anime and manga characters are drawn with Big Eyes and Small Mouths, right? And completely exaggerated body proportions? Here's some news: There is no "anime/manga style," and you're wrong.

As a matter of fact I do think that. Just look at this thread man. What do (almost) all the girls posted here have in common? Hmmmmmm let's see....
Big eyes.... small nose... big to extra-large breasts-sizes...
Ofcourse there are exceptions in the mass production of manga/anime, but those are obviously not posted in this forum, which only shows how the mainstream just want plain one-dimensional stereotypical drawn babes where the anime/manga style is famous for.

If you want something original, THIS is what really is original. And to be honest, I find the "babes" over there 10times more interesting than all this anime junk posted here.

Of course I knew I would get a lot of response when I would attack the anime/manga style here, we are on a pokémon forum where the average age is +/- 16 years old after all. But go to any real art forum (such as conceptart.org) and dare to make a topic about anime babes there, you and your topic won't survive there more than 2 days.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
^ And the Duke of ****bags award goes to......

Dude. Its other poeoples's opinion. So why don't you stop bashing others peoples opinions and go jerk off to Roadhouse or something.Cause no one care if its realistic. Its an Anime forum. People here like anime. Doesn't matter how stupid you think the girls look. People around the world seem to love it. So bag on them all you want. They are far more successful than you are, and if they had to the option of talking to you, they'd probably just laugh all the way home.

Now back on topic. Most of the girls from Ikki Tousen have caught my attention. But I guess its baecuse it can sometimes become borderline Hentai at some points. But still, they are doing something right.

NamuSkull

Pampering Vaporeon..
Lucos, I understand Anime drawings is practically the same.
But, I'm sure there's other animes with other drawing styles .
Like that one youtube vid you posted up.
What makes these "anime" chicks hot is simple.
The personalities of them. The tomboyish type, the silent type, etc.
Add that and a good drawing, and you get a lot of fans.
Fans that will fantasize, idolize, etc. But at the same time, appreciate it.
To force your opinion onto others, is well.....not a great idea for it'll flamebait.

As for this topic, I appreciate:

Nagisa Furakawa from Clannad.
http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/428/10780-nagisa_parasol_large.jpg

Chii from Chobits.
http://www.pixelsurgeon.com/admin/shared/images/chobits_big.jpg1111997695

CC from Code Geass.
http://anime-wallpapers.com/images/1024x768/queen-of-code-geass.jpg

Kobato Hanato from Kobato.
http://static.minitokyo.net/view/49/06/397849.jpg

Wired

... In America!
@Wired: is it bad that I'm having a mildly difficult time pronouncing half their names?

Not to mention, it would be helpful to indicate which series they're from.

<C_L>

well, you can look for them at Google...
just type their name in and click on search ;)
it could not be easier!! right?

Last edited:

SmartD

Yu-Gi-Oh! (all series)
Mai
Akiza
Alexis
Tea
Carly

Pokemon
Misty
May
Dawn
Maylene
Candice

I feel kinda weird talking about this subject.

Cobalt_Latios

well, you can look for them at Google...
just type their name in and click on search ;)
it could not be easier!! right?
Wrong, doing this:

is much easier to go through.

Yu-Gi-Oh! (all series)
Mai
Akiza
Alexis
Tea
Carly

Pokemon
Misty
May
Dawn
Maylene
Candice

I feel kinda weird talking about this subject.
Meh, you just need a wider range of shows to go through.

<C_L>

Lucos

Lucos, I understand Anime drawings is practically the same.
But, I'm sure there's other animes with other drawing styles .
Like that one youtube vid you posted up.
What makes these "anime" chicks hot is simple.
The personalities of them. The tomboyish type, the silent type, etc.
Add that and a good drawing, and you get a lot of fans.
Fans that will fantasize, idolize, etc. But at the same time, appreciate it.
To force your opinion onto others, is well.....not a great idea for it'll flamebait.

You got a point there. I have to give you credit for that. You're absolutely right. Though I have to say that even the personalities of anime girls are usually mass-produced. You always have anime girl type A, type B and type C, and in anime "X" you again will see the same types with just a little difference than anime "Y" (for example: Inoue's personality from Bleach being almost exactly the same as Hinata's from Naruto).

They are far more successful than you are, and if they had to the option of talking to you, they'd probably just laugh all the way home.

The fact that I'm a mere concept artist student doesn't mean I can't criticize the anime style that's supposed to make millions of profit (you would be surprised how bad anime/manga artists get paid actually). Besides, everyone has their own style, anime is not mine. The fact that anime is popular doesn't mean it's artistic. In fact, it's just mass-production with a few exceptions here and there.

Let me tell you this, anime-drawings do not get you into art-school.

Last edited:

Mel-Girl

left. right.
Too lazy to look through and see who's been mentioned. What the heck I'll list some of my favourite gals. >3

Haruhi Suzumiya, Tsuruya, Ryoko Asakura from guess ;3
Shana from Shakugan no Shana
Minori Kushieda and Ami Kawashima from Toradora
too bad Kimi Toudou is only in the manga and not the Fruits Basket anime :x and on that note, the princess Yuki Sohma too
Kallen from Code Geass is snazzy looking (awe)
Oh and Misao Makimachi from Rurouni Kenshin is snazzy too, I have a soft spot for her. XD

Clearly the anime chicks that appeal to me are mostly the energetic types. XD

I'd say Hikari and Kotone too but they're more cute than hot. :p

HK

Radiance of Shadows
As a matter of fact I do think that.
So you're admitting you're utterly ignorant on the subject. Yet you continue posting. That's called trolling.

If you want something original, THIS is what really is original. And to be honest, I find the "babes" over there 10times more interesting than all this anime junk posted here.
Considering the lead female in that video has only slightly smaller breasts and eyes than Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell, I find this statement amazingly hypocritical.

So even if your problem was presenting realistic proportions -- which it isn't; you're just being arrogant -- who cares? Art is idealized, anyway. Very few women have perfect measurements in all three sizes with attractive faces; the same holds true for idealized male characters with lean yet muscular bodies and a knock-out face. It's a FANTASY. Like imagining a gorgeous character in a book, male or female. Or ogling pictures of Misato from Evangelion or any of the male leads from Utena; or having a fantasy of Rebecca Romijn Stamos or Christian Bale.

Of course I knew I would get a lot of response when I would attack the anime/manga style here, we are on a pokémon forum where the average age is +/- 16 years old after all. But go to any real art forum (such as conceptart.org) and dare to make a topic about anime babes there, you and your topic won't survive there more than 2 days.
So they're all elitists douchebags with double standards? It's a liberal arts college online?

Though I have to say that even the personalities of anime girls are usually mass-produced. You always have anime girl type A, type B and type C, and in anime "X" you again will see the same types with just a little difference than anime "Y"
Which is different from any medium of entertainment how...?

(for example: Inoue's personality from Bleach being almost exactly the same as Hinata's from Naruto).
Which indicates that you actually haven't watched much anime or read much manga.

Besides, everyone has their own style, anime is not mine.
Trends =/= Styles

The fact that anime is popular doesn't mean it's artistic. In fact, it's just mass-production with a few exceptions here and there.
Like American animation, French animation, American film, American music, English music, French literature, American literature...

Let me tell you this, anime-drawings do not get you into art-school.
This is just an obnoxious, fallacious statement that I don't even know where to begin.

Oh hell, I'll post images too shall I, since I remembered a few more.

Misaka Shiori (Kanon) <3333
shoiri-3.jpg

Lucy (Elfen Lied)
elfen_lied_06.jpg

Ichinose Kotomi (Clannad)
2205346750_758014596b.jpg

Those three stand out to me. But I've probably forgotten heaps.

Lucos

So you're admitting you're utterly ignorant on the subject. Yet you continue posting. That's called trolling.

No, disagreeing with you =/= admitting ignorance and trolling.
I already told you a few times, anime = mass-production and most anime girls DO look the same and ARE reproductions of each other.

Maybe you have to learn that disagreeing with you does not automatically make someone ignorant, claiming such thing, now THAT'S arrogant.

Considering the lead female in that video has only slightly smaller breasts and eyes than Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell, I find this statement amazingly hypocritical.

Slighty? Okayyyyyyyyyyy maybe you have to watch that short movie twice because you clearly are wrong, but okay, not as if it matters. Like if it's all about the breast size anyway. It's just the overall style. In that short movie, even though the woman doesn't say anything, she already has more personality than almost every cliché anime babe. Now before you're going to attack me again on this one, I know not ALL anime babes are cliché, but many are.

So even if your problem was presenting realistic proportions -- which it isn't; you're just being arrogant -- who cares? Art is idealized, anyway. Very few women have perfect measurements in all three sizes with attractive faces; the same holds true for idealized male characters with lean yet muscular bodies and a knock-out face. It's a FANTASY. Like imagining a gorgeous character in a book, male or female. Or ogling pictures of Misato from Evangelion or any of the male leads from Utena; or having a fantasy of Rebecca Romijn Stamos or Christian Bale.

You don't have to tell me how to draw a "perfect" female figure. I know how anatomy works and I know how exaggeration on a few element can make a character more attractive such as longer legs, bigger hips and smaller waist. Frankly, giving it size XXL boobs is not an effective method on making attractive female characters. It might work on teenagers, but usually "anime boobs" look utterly fake when they're bigger than natural. Natural breasts have the shape of a teacup, not a balloon.

So they're all elitists douchebags with double standards? It's a liberal arts college online?

No it's not. Many of us art student actually really love to watch anime. We all watch anime in our free time, we all have a few favorite series (especially series like Trigun and One Piece are loved at our school) and some of us have manga collections that go over 100 volumes. We love anime, but we will never claim anime is artistic, because it's usually not. Then why do we still love anime? Hmmm, because of the stories, the fact that overall anime series are a little more mature than American and/or European cartoons, the anime fights are usually awesome to look at and some anime series like One Piece have a very cool and good characters.

But concept art is all about standing out, creating your own style, not drawing a simple mass-production style that anyone can learn to draw. That's why anime-drawings will not get you into art-school.

Which is different from any medium of entertainment how...?

Well, in many other media the characters are usually a little more realistic, have a little more depth and are a little less cliché. Disney for example, always know how to create strong, original and believable characters. But some anime's have very good and strong characters too, but many such as Naruto and Bleach are more towards cliché.

Which indicates that you actually haven't watched much anime or read much manga.

I have watched Bleach from the beginning to the most current episode.
I've watched Naruto from the beginning to episode 100 of Shippuuden.
I've watched One Piece from the beginning to the most current episode.
I've watched Trigun from the beginning to the end.
I've watched Soul Eater.
I've watched Death Note.
I've of course like everyone else watched Dragonball Z in it's entirely.
I've watched Detroit Metal City.
I've watched Pokémon and Digimon.
I've watched a few Gundam series.
Do I really need to continiue?

Trends =/= Styles

Agreed. Though anime is both a trend and a general style, or maybe I should say anime is a style trend, which it is.

Like American animation, French animation, American film, American music, English music, French literature, American literature...

So now you're going to put ANIME on the same level as LITERATURE? You gotta be kidding right?

Anime is mass-production in the sense that every week thousands of people are drawing like mad people to finish episode 3784672374 of the series they're working on. Quality is not as important as their deadline and that's usually while anime styles are very simple and basic. It's something anyone can do and that's why the job doesn't get paid very well.

Did you know what anime was actually invented during the crisis after the war because with it's simple style it was very cheap to produce films and animations? They where able to massively produce films for very low budgets in a small amount of time, it was A LOT cheaper to make than more complicated and more artistic styles such as Disney's.

This is just an obnoxious, fallacious statement that I don't even know where to begin.

No, it's not obnoxious nor it is fallacious, it's the truth, I can know because I've seen many people come and go because they only could draw anime style characters.

Last edited:

HK

Radiance of Shadows
No, disagreeing with you =/= admitting ignorance and trolling.
I already told you a few times, anime = mass-production and most anime girls DO look the same and ARE reproductions of each other.

Maybe you have to learn that disagreeing with you does not automatically make someone ignorant, claiming such thing, now THAT'S arrogant.
Nice job on being condescending and setting up a strawman with false generalizations!

Slighty? Okayyyyyyyyyyy maybe you have to watch that short movie twice because you clearly are wrong, but okay, not as if it matters. Like if it's all about the breast size anyway. It's just the overall style.
The only substantial difference between her and Motoko are in the eyes and breasts. The rest is the same body that's eye candy for guys. You're in denial if you think otherwise.

In that short movie, even though the woman doesn't say anything, she already has more personality than almost every cliché anime babe. Now before you're going to attack me again on this one, I know not ALL anime babes are cliché, but many are.
*sigh*

You don't have to tell me how to draw a "perfect" female figure. I know how anatomy works and I know how exaggeration on a few element can make a character more attractive such as longer legs, bigger hips and smaller waist. Frankly, giving it size XXL boobs is not an effective method on making attractive female characters. It might work on teenagers, but usually "anime boobs" look utterly fake when they're bigger than natural. Natural breasts have the shape of a teacup, not a balloon.
Nearly all anime breasts really wouldn't go beyond a C cup (or even a D, if you really want to reach), and the "balloon effect" is disengenious nonsense.

We love anime, but we will never claim anime is artistic, because it's usually not.
Again: double standards; not different than any other medium or subset of a medium, etc.

Well, in many other media the characters are usually a little more realistic, have a little more depth and are a little less cliché. Disney for example, always know how to create strong, original and believable characters.
Firstly, Disney pre-WWII and Disney post-WWII -- especially of recent decades -- are not comparable, and it's hilarious that you speak of originality considering the half-assed re-imaginings that they have done.

Secondly, proportionately anime isn't any different in creativity. The fact that it's a subset of a medium means that already less is produced, so you're making a false comparison.

I have watched Bleach from the beginning to the most current episode.
I've watched Naruto from the beginning to episode 100 of Shippuuden.
I've watched One Piece from the beginning to the most current episode.
I've watched Trigun from the beginning to the end.
I've watched Soul Eater.
I've watched Death Note.
I've of course like everyone else watched Dragonball Z in it's entirely.
I've watched Detroit Metal City.
I've watched Pokémon and Digimon.
I've watched a few Gundam series.
Do I really need to continiue?
Considering all but one are either mainstream shonen or children's series, and you did not actually point out any manga you've read, this isn't a convincing resume.

So now you're going to put ANIME on the same level as LITERATURE? You gotta be kidding right?
Another strawman! Awesome.

Anime is mass-production in the sense that every week thousands of people are drawing like mad people to finish episode 3784672374 of the series they're working on. Quality is not as important as their deadline and that's usually while anime styles are very simple and basic. It's something anyone can do and that's why the job doesn't get paid very well.

Did you know what anime was actually invented during the crisis after the war because with it's simple style it was very cheap to produce films and animations? They where able to massively produce films for very low budgets in a small amount of time, it was A LOT cheaper to make than more complicated and more artistic styles such as Disney's.
haha you're actually lecturing me on this as if you'd know more haha

No, it's not obnoxious nor it is fallacious, it's the truth, I can know because I've seen many people come and go because they only could draw anime style characters.
But that's not what you originally stated.

I'm probably not going to respond, by the way, if you keep shifting goalposts, posting these logical fallacies from an apparently uninformed back on these two subjects, especially with the SERIOUS ART STUDENT attitude that makes this false dilemma between REAL ART and mass-produced works (never mind shitting on such an inconsequential thread like this). You given no indication no substantial knowledge of things like the kanada style of animation, or the completely diverse range of styles in manga that covers every single demographic imaginable, or people in both industries like Masaaki Yuasa, Mitsuo Iso, Koji Morimoto, Mahiro Maeda, Yoshitoshi ABe, Taiyo Matsumoto, Hideki Arai, Akira Hiramoto, etc.

Lucos

Nice job on being condescending and setting up a strawman with false generalizations!

The only substantial difference between her and Motoko are in the eyes and breasts. The rest is the same body that's eye candy for guys. You're in denial if you think otherwise.

*sigh*

Nearly all anime breasts really wouldn't go beyond a C cup (or even a D, if you really want to reach), and the "balloon effect" is disengenious nonsense.

Again: double standards; not different than any other medium or subset of a medium, etc.

Firstly, Disney pre-WWII and Disney post-WWII -- especially of recent decades -- are not comparable, and it's hilarious that you speak of originality considering the half-assed re-imaginings that they have done.

Secondly, proportionately anime isn't any different in creativity. The fact that it's a subset of a medium means that already less is produced, so you're making a false comparison.

Considering all but one are either mainstream shonen or children's series, and you did not actually point out any manga you've read, this isn't a convincing resume.

Another strawman! Awesome.

haha you're actually lecturing me on this as if you'd know more haha

But that's not what you originally stated.

I'm probably not going to respond, by the way, if you keep shifting goalposts, posting these logical fallacies from an apparently uninformed back on these two subjects, especially with the SERIOUS ART STUDENT attitude that makes this false dilemma between REAL ART and mass-produced works (never mind shitting on such an inconsequential thread like this). You given no indication no substantial knowledge of things like the kanada style of animation, or the completely diverse range of styles in manga that covers every single demographic imaginable, or people in both industries like Masaaki Yuasa, Mitsuo Iso, Koji Morimoto, Mahiro Maeda, Yoshitoshi ABe, Taiyo Matsumoto, Hideki Arai, Akira Hiramoto, etc.

I'm not going to make a huge respond again like the previous few times. Let's keep it simple.

You want my manga list? Well, basically most titles I watch in anime, I also read the manga from. Including a few titles such as Fullmetal Alchemist, Berserk, Devil May Cry and the Zelda manga's. But as if my collection is of any importance tot his tread.

Thing is, we can have a really long discussion about this, or we can keep it short, but the thing is, the general anime style is not art, it's mass production. Disney does a better job as creating characters, post- of previous WW2, 2d animated or 3d CGI, it doesn't matter, they usually still make better characters then all the substandard anime characters you find in every anime show.

But then again, maybe this is just MY opinion, if you actually like cliché anime characters then I won't stop you since that's your opinion and you're free to have one.

So basically, you and other fans like anime and you think it's artistic, I and other artists like anime but hate cliché characters (and where this all started with, cliché anime babes) and do not think it's artistic. End of story.

Oh and by the way, you don't call THIS balloons? You think THAT is not bigger than cup D? Maybe you need glasses, or perhaps a few lessons in anatomy...

PS: You Wanna know which anime I DO consider as art? Almost everything Studio Ghibli makes. They know how to make a true art masterpiece out of their anime productions. Studio Ghibli is the best!

Last edited:

zlxq3000

Master Collector
Oh and by the way, you don't call THIS balloons? You think THAT is not bigger than cup D? Maybe you need glasses, or perhaps a few lessons in anatomy...

Oh my. Two characters from shows aimed at tween/teenaged males with anatomically-incorrect bodies? Who'd've seen THAT coming?

This argument between the two of you is just getting out of hand. The way that you're generalizing all anime is just ridiculous. Yes, there are archetypes of characters in anime that a lot of them seem to fall under, but that's true of any entertainment medium. It's just a bit more prominent in anime, especially main-stream shonen anime, because it makes transitioning from one to the other easier for hormonal males to get into; why introduce them to a totally different character when they can just relate one character to another?

The fact that you're generalizing all anime is just foolish, and the only reason why you're doing it is because you've admittedly never seen a whole lot of it. Yes, the number of shows you've seen is apparently around ten, and the number of manga you've read is a little more, but there are hundreds, if not thousands of different anime series. Not all of them are unique, but the ones that you've exposed yourself to are just an incredibly small part of the enormous spectrum of anime that's out there.

Oh, and ALL main-character anime girls have enormous chests and are anatomically correct? Well not really. I'm kind of surprised that you'd say that; the last one I posted there is the main female protagonist on Trigun, which you've admitted to watching. And yes, there may be some glorified female character in that show somewhere (it's been a while since I've seen it, so I don't remember; maybe that cyclops lady, but I don't remember what she looks like), but there are also giant men and dudes whose arms turn into laser guns. It's a cartoon. It's not meant to be realistic. The other two are Kaoru Kamiya, the main female protagonist from Rurouni Kenshin, which is a mainstream shonen anime that's really good, and the other one is Tsukiko Sagi, the main female character from Paranoia Agent, which everyone old enough to stay up past 10 PM without their mommies yelling at them about it should see (and if you think anime can't be artistic, then definitely watch it; I'd have to say that it isn't just the best anime, but the best TV show ever made, because it's really relateable and makes you think a lot). The fact that I could pull these girls out of the air so quickly (and they're all from mainstream anime; Rurouni Kenshin was on Toonami for a long time, and the other two shows aired on Adult Swim at one point or another) disproves your case about all main anime girls being huge-chested bimbos. And hey, check it out, a whole anime without enormous chests (Sayonara, Zetsubo-sensei, which is a hilarious show...).

Last edited: