• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

hottest anime girls!

So true, you should go into writing! TT_TT (tears of joy)

Most of you are discusting! Anime girls are not attractive! How can you tell that her breasts are that big, maybe they are flat (because anime has little depth). The only 2 modest reason for a character having large breasts are comedy and tragety (yes, I am odd that way). I do find some of them motherly but not attractive! Somebody close this!

The only sexy anime character is Armstrong!

.....Women are attractive because there is something about their personality that makes you feel good inside, you know they are a good person. Nobody has given me this feeling yet.

Yes, I completely agree with that. Personality and maturity is what defines a real women. That's mostly why I find Bianchi attractive. She's headstrong and independant, loyal to her friends and a very caring sister.

I'd rather have a real girl, anyways. =P

HK

Radiance of Shadows
You want my manga list? Well, basically most titles I watch in anime, I also read the manga from. Including a few titles such as Fullmetal Alchemist, Berserk, Devil May Cry and the Zelda manga's. But as if my collection is of any importance tot his tread.
lol mainstream

Thing is, we can have a really long discussion about this, or we can keep it short, but the thing is, the general anime style is not art, it's mass production. Disney does a better job as creating characters, post- of previous WW2, 2d animated or 3d CGI, it doesn't matter, they usually still make better characters then all the substandard anime characters you find in every anime show.
hi double standards

But then again, maybe this is just MY opinion, if you actually like cliché anime characters then I won't stop you since that's your opinion and you're free to have one.

So basically, you and other fans like anime and you think it's artistic, I and other artists like anime but hate cliché characters (and where this all started with, cliché anime babes) and do not think it's artistic. End of story.
Strawman; anime isn't different than ANY OTHER INDUSTRY in that the majority of titles are awful, some are average, a few less are good and the remaining ones are excellent; don't feel like engaging in goalpost-shifting and misunderstandings; et cetera.

Read this site and its forum.

Then again...

Finally someone with wits here...
*sigh*

Lucos

lol mainstream

lol who cares.

hi double standards

Double standards? Nah, I think my opinion and my vision is pretty damn clear.

Strawman; anime isn't different than ANY OTHER INDUSTRY in that the majority of titles are awful, some are average, a few less are good and the remaining ones are excellent; don't feel like engaging in goalpost-shifting and misunderstandings; et cetera.

No, not every industryis the same. Unlike anime that indeed delivers a majority of crap LUCKY Disney does a much better job and usually delivers high-quality stuff and SOMETIMES something mediocre and hardly anything awful, but maybe my definition of QUALITY is not the same as yours.

But I have to say that indeed when I turn on the TV I see the biggest crap cartoons ever these days. I miss the good old days when cartoons where still good. The majority of the cartoons aired on TV, whether it's anime or not, is totally and utter crap. We need more of the stuff we had in the 80's and begin 90's, those where the days when cartoons used to kick ***. And no, this is not nostalgia playing it's part. I've most of the 80's and 90's cartoons on DVD's or on my external HDD and I still love them! Even the series I haven't seen as a child.

Read this site and its forum.

First tell me why the f*ck I would read that?

Then again...

*sigh*

/care

I'm not going to respond to you anymore. I think we've been both quite clear. Continuing this "debate" is pointless since we will never ever agree with each other and I have nothing more to add to this matter. My point is clear, if you still don't get it then that's to bad for you, lucky other people here do get my point, whether they agree with me or not.

Last edited:

Rave

Banned
I'm not gonna lie, but I'm honestly dissappointed with the shit that I see here.

As much as I fucking hate typing out long lists of my opinion and what I think of this matter, I really do. Which is why I'm gonna waste my time and effort to show how silly some of you are.

Finally someone with wits here...

Yes, someone very close minded or only agrees with you and can't even type for shit, and sucks your dick, really sounds very genius-like, amirite? That's just sad really, when you're butting heads with someone who you disagree with who actually makes very valid and logical points and you dispute them like a little child by drawing in things that have no relevance to the discussion whatsoever, like "concept artists can't get in art school cuz of anime". I hate to say it, but its repulsively pathetic and initially had nothing to do with the topic at hand.

And for you to blatantly go off and pretty much go off on a tangent saying that finding anime girls attractive, is for people with no lives, knowing full well you'll get nasty opposition from others, is pretty much just flaimbait/trolling. You're responsible for your words here, don't expect to be saved.

From this discussion dude, all you've proven to me is your biasedness and your closemindedness you have for the art styles of anime and manga, despite the fact that you say you watch anime, when in reality, you are busy covering your ass saying you watch alot to try to soften the blows from the many people who will, indeed tear you apart. And really, you're just lumping it all into one category, when there are different demographics to select from. All you've seen is only the cream of the crop and what's popular and is generalized. That, is not openminded my friend, that's just the narrow tunnel vision that you are showing us. Very narrow might I add.

Even anime/manga artist has their own artstyles. Artists like Takeshi Obata, Eiichiro Oda, etc. Even you yourself admitted it that One Piece (though I don't see how its the most hated here really, since, as far as I know, its one of the most supported things here) has its own style, and its anime. For you to go against something that you've been arguing head strong about this entire time, you're only making yourself look like a major hypocrite in your argument. You've only proven that not all anime artstyles are the same, even though you relentlessly go on, about how its all pretty much the same damn thing. See where your problem lies within?

Different people have different views on the aesthetics we have for the facial features, and you're only generalizing pretty much the stuff that is very, very, general. If you want to see manga with good facial features that are not stereotypical, do yourself a favor and actually read seinen series, series with different artistic styles. Stuff like Me and the Devil Blues, Eden, Berserk, and other series. Because really, you're just only thinking of the annoying stereotypical trash we all see and know to hate on.

And the fact that you're pretty much dissing on people who actually like the aesthetics of said animated characters, claiming they have no lives and such? I'm quite sure that there are people who do find them appealing, and yet, have a normal social life as the next person does. Same applies with people who find actors in movie to be very hot and attractive. I'm not punking you out for having your opinion, no, that's not it at all. Its the attack on other people that is pretty much what led to others wanting to start shit with you to begin with.

No, not every industryis the same. Unlike anime that indeed delivers a majority of crap LUCKY Disney does a much better job and usually delivers high-quality stuff and SOMETIMES something mediocre and hardly anything awful, but maybe my definition of QUALITY is not the same as yours.

So what makes you so damn sure Disney is not just as capable of pulling out lame shit, just like anime? We all know full well anime is capable of making a bunch of shit, but so are other studios out there, like Disney. Yes, even Disney makes crap, just as anime does too. Its either good or crap, no other ways about it.

Also, Boa Hancock is a fairly attractive woman. http://h.imagehost.org/0384/boa-hancock_1.jpg

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Yes, I completely agree with that. Personality and maturity is what defines a real women. That's mostly why I find Bianchi attractive. She's headstrong and independent, loyal to her friends and a very caring sister.

I'd rather have a real girl, anyways. =P

Thanks for the reply

[IMG200]http://i.ytimg.com/vi/QF0vwXMlunY/2.jpg[/IMG200]
If, I had to pick animé girl I like, it would be Stir (image above, sorry for bad quality) from Jing: King of Bandits. What turns me on about her is that
she enters the tournament her mother sets up each year to determine her new son to stop the slaughtering of many. You do see her in nothing but her underwear (including her bra) in one scene but it was hilarious the way it was set up. Yet due to certain circumstances, she only has eyes for Jing.

Also, I have seen an animé game which has realistic depth in every object. It is called Paper Mario!

Last edited:

In his defense, the person you quoted... uh, did have questionable English skills, let's say. And while I do find Armstrong modestly attractive (but not superbly so), he's more a distant form of visual comedy relief (sparkles), and I know precious few straight female/non-straight male anime fans who find him that attractive. (Mind, more seem to go for Edward.)

(which I am cool with because she is not real)

Which suggests to me that there is something skeevy about this relationship. Go onnnnn...

edit: And thank you, Rave, for expressing my feelings and more for all of us in the form of a violent rage. Please have my children. I'll sell them to you for cheap.

Last edited:

Amonitas

What is this debate about is it right to like anime chicks or so on. Anime girls are drawn! They are physically perfect (soft and clear faces, big boobs and all that crap)
That's why people can like them. And in anime, they do have a person, they are all personal. Someone can fell in love with an anime character because of how awesome he or she is as a person in that anime. If you don't like it, gtfo from this thread.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Except it would make more sense to refer to the majority of Pixar's work as quality than the creatively bankrupt (so much so that they may have even ripped off an anime!) Disney -- and even then, the former is relatively restricted in what they can produce in their country compared to Ghibli.

Also, outside of auteurs like the Quay Brothers or Yuri Norstein, the visual and narrative experimentation in Japanese productions like Mind Game, Texhnolyze, Pale Cocoon, Mononoke (not the Miyazaki film), et cetera are like nothing else -- and many of these aren't just shorts and films, but also television series.

First tell me why the f*ck I would read that?
Because you have shown yourself to be ignorant: If you were deeply familiar with Japanese animation and comics, you wouldn't cite just the most mainstream examples imaginable after so many posts, and also would have shown a reaction to the styles and persons I mentioned in my previous post. Anipages covers animation around the world, with a relatively specific focus on Japan. They're one of the most respected sites on animation, period, and are a valuable resource for anyone with an interest in the medium.

But given your hostile reaction, the suggestion was done in vain.

Pretty hilarious given the poster's most recent post. Real good judgment of character and intelligence!

I'm not going to respond to you anymore. I think we've been both quite clear. Continuing this "debate" is pointless since we will never ever agree with each other and I have nothing more to add to this matter. My point is clear, if you still don't get it then that's to bad for you, lucky other people here do get my point, whether they agree with me or not.
Excuse me? I understand your argument fine. It's your problem if you don't seem to comprehend mine and keep resorting to logical fallacies.

Lucos

Also, outside of auteurs like the Quay Brothers or Yuri Norstein, the visual and narrative experimentation in Japanese productions like Mind Game, Texhnolyze, Pale Cocoon, Mononoke (not the Miyazaki film), et cetera are like nothing else -- and many of these aren't just shorts and films, but also television series.

I will check out those names. See if these titles can keep me entertained and/or inspire me.

That's all I have left to say. I'll stop arguing in this thread from here on. Besides, this whole arguing that's supposedly started as a joke (flamebait as you may call it) has gone way out of hand which I apologize for. Even though I still stand firm behind my points on "anime lust objects", the subject "what is art" and even though I might look like a willful ignorant fool, I'm not. I already said I admire studios like Studio Ghibli. So, out of curiosity, I will check those titles and names out and see if it will inspire me to improve my own art and storytelling (fiction).

Peace.

Rave

Banned
edit: And thank you, Rave, for expressing my feelings and more for all of us in the form of a violent rage. Please have my children. I'll sell them to you for cheap.

Only if I don't have to pay child support.

That's all I have left to say.

Yes, well.

I'm not going to respond to you anymore.

*chinstroke...*

Only if I don't have to pay child support.

Don't worry about that. No child support necessary.

My vote goes for anything with legs, and anything that can make me a sandwich.

Akiko Minase? (I'm not posting a picture, since they're hard to come by and usually pretty dirty outside screencaps.)

Ahmed48

Tactician
These are the top 5 hottest, or best looking female characters I saw(they're randomly placed)

Rangiku Matsumoto (Bleach)
rangiku.jpg

Shiba Kuukaku (Bleach)
bleach_kuukaku0012.jpg

Tsukuyo (Gintama)
66130.jpg

Kitaoji Satsuki (Ichigo 100% TV)
characterfile4.jpg

"Rins" Rinslet Walker (Black Cat)
29822.jpg

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Which suggests to me that there is something skeevy about this relationship. Go onnnnn...

Which is why I should check over what I have wrote.

Why has nobody understand yet in animé standards
large breasts (usually equals) mental retardedness?

Most of the characters you guys mentioned, if they were removed from the story, it would not affect the plot at all.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Why has nobody understand yet in animé standards
large breasts (usually equals) mental retardedness?
oh dear god

Most of the characters you guys mentioned, if they were removed from the story, it would not affect the plot at all.
Not that I give a crap about any the characters mentioned, but I'm pretty certain this also applies to you and the human race oops!

Cobalt_Latios

My vote goes for anything with legs, and anything that can make me a sandwich.
I assume you'd want said sandwhich to be edible, right? That'd be possible, but quite tricky. For me anyhow, given my rather limited repertoire.

These are the top 5 hottest, or best looking female characters I saw(they're randomly placed)

Rangiku Matsumoto (Bleach)
rangiku.jpg

Shiba Kuukaku (Bleach)
bleach_kuukaku0012.jpg

Tsukuyo (Gintama)
66130.jpg

Kitaoji Satsuki (Ichigo 100% TV)
characterfile4.jpg

"Rins" Rinslet Walker (Black Cat)
29822.jpg
FINALLY, someone gets the point of this thread. Not to mention, in the proper format as well.

That was a rather lenghty and completely unnecesary argument. This topic was mainly was fun, and that argument nearly ruined it!

Let's try and keep it on track, shall we? which isn't likely to happen

<C_L>

Freya

Noam Chompsky
I assume you'd want said sandwhich to be edible, right? That'd be possible, but quite tricky. For me anyhow, given my rather limited repertoire.

I just want a woman who will bring me a sandwich and not a toilet seat when I say, "*****, get me a sandwich."

Not that I give a crap about any the characters mentioned, but I'm pretty certain this also applies to you and the human race oops!

DAYUM

Maetch

I pick Mirai Ozora from "Moldiver". She's definitely easy on the eyes, and I like her sweet personality.

Alfonso

Derpgull
Yes, can we please keep this thread on-topic. Each and every single time there is a 'hot anime character' thread it always gets full with people herp derping about how people shouldn't find anime characters attractive.

Asuka~

http://media.photobucket.com/image/asuka%20langley%20sohryu/faragorn3000/Artbooks/Artbooks%20Previews/EvePage_24_Sohryu_Asuka_Langley.jpg

...I definatly do not have a small shrine in my room dedicated to this girl featuring various figures, an Asuka shirt and an Asuka bedspread.