• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Houndoom's Special Delivery! (182)

NPT

Just a member
If my favorite Johto fire-type Pokémon Houndoom didn't appeared in this episode, it would've been a medicore episode. Houndoom's appearance made this episode better, but I think
Houndoom deserved a far better debut episode than this. Oh well....At least its interactions with Misty's Togepi were nice, I liked how Houndoom took care of Togepi throughout the episode. Team Rocket was annoying as always.

Raikou made it's first and only anime appearance in this episode, too bad the writers didn't make an anime episode focusing on Raikou.

For a dark and evil-looking Pokemon, I liked seeing Houndoom act nice toward Togepi. :)
That must have been a really deep lake for a Gyarados to be swimming around in it.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Houndoom was surprisingly cuddly here which I didn't expect ha ha. I always saw Houndoom as an aggressive species before this episode. Him helping deliver Togepi was so cute and I liked the slight Raikou cameo as well.

Gillachu

Banned
Lol at Raikou being reduced to a simple cameo like this while Entei and Suicune had whole episodes to themselves...

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Lol at Raikou being reduced to a simple cameo like this while Entei and Suicune had whole episodes to themselves...

Well it also got that special episode later on. I think its small appearance here might've just been a teaser. It certainly wasn't a bad thing tho ha ha.

JudySpell

Banned
You know a filler's bad when a Raikou appearance was more interesting than the plot. I liked Houndoom's friendship with Togepi though. 5/10

UmbrionKnight

The relationship between houndoom and Togepi was so sweet in this episode. It was nice to see such a ferocious-looking dog really bond with such a young pokemon as Togepi, even though he initially wasn't interested. It made for a nice episode. I also liked Weezing's reaction when Togepi teleported in front of him, and the song from the Johto CD being played.

I agree. I don't understand why people don't like this episode.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I enjoyed seeing Houndoom and Togepi travel together. I don't think the animators should have inserted Raikou into this episode, however: they should have just left the episode without the cameo. :x

Leonhart

Imagineer
Given that Hellger are often depicted as violent Pokemon in later episodes, it was good seeing this one protecting Kasumi's Togepy after the Rocket-dan's attack. The fact that Togepy's Metronome backfired was different as well, because it usually helps him. Togepy's good-bye scene with the Hellger was touching, too.

Vipsoccermaster

Cute episode, especially all the time that Houndoom and Togepi spent time together. Touching at the end. Good old Raikou showing up for only a moment.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Good old Raikou showing up for only a moment.

Raikou's cameo here has always confused me since it served no real purpose. I remember wondering if it was meant to be a reference to Pokemon Crystal version, which was released close to this episode's original airing, but that doesn't sound too likely since Suikun's much more integral in that game than Raikou was.

Since Houndoom seems like such an aggressive Pokemon it seemed weird that this one was so caring and actually tried to reunite Togepi with Misty. Their journey through the landscapes was interesting especially when we saw Raikou in the forest. I thought that this was a good episode for the simple fact that it was more entertaining than most of the usual Johto filler episodes.

Raikou cameo!

Awww Houndoom and Togepi's relationship is so sweet. Houndoom may look evil but this one is a sweet Pokémon. Wish we got to see more moments between them.