• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hour Of The Houndour! (152)

UmbrionKnight

Eh, it was okay. 3/5 stars in my opinion.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Lol, so Nurse Joy put down her groceries to get ice cream and she's surprised when they get stolen? I'm actually surprised that Ash didn't get that Houndour. It challenged him personally, you'd think he would have caught it. :x

Leonhart

Imagineer
I liked Satoshi's distraught expression when the pack of wild Delvil stole his backpack, and I liked how the Rocket-dan stole from Joi's grocery bag. I also enjoyed how tenacious the Delvil pack was when they got lured in with the cooked hot dogs, and it was fitting that Joi would treat the injured Delvil in the end.

Vipsoccermaster

Great Houndour episode. Few funny moments, especially with Team Rocket. Them fighting over ham for lunch and then having their butts on fire. They should have known they were no match for a pack of five Houdour. Great on Ash to get the leader's trust and help the young and sick Houndour to recover.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Few funny moments, especially with Team Rocket. Them fighting over ham for lunch and then having their butts on fire.

I actually felt bad for the Rocket-dan. They were starving in this episode, so I couldn't fault them for stealing groceries from Joi. And although the pack of wild Delvil here was hungry as well, I thought that the Rocket-dan trio suffered more while those wild Delvil were given a rather generic sob story to garner sympathy.

Great Houndour episode. Few funny moments, especially with Team Rocket. Them fighting over ham for lunch and then having their butts on fire. They should have known they were no match for a pack of five Houdour. Great on Ash to get the leader's trust and help the young and sick Houndour to recover.

I just wish Ash or Brock had managed to catch the leader Houndour, especially Brock since he was going to give Vulpix back to Suzie soon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I just wish Ash or Brock had managed to catch the leader Houndour, especially Brock since he was going to give Vulpix back to Suzie soon.

Takeshi didn't bond with the Delvil himself however, so I didn't think he deserved one, nor did Satoshi frankly since he had Hinoarashi as his Jouto Fire-type already anyway.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
The episode was so-so. I liked Brock's wooden lure and the Houdour pack being very caring and protective for the injured one, as well as Ash recalling his Pokemon to show his good intentions, but that's it. Houndour jumping so high looked odd, I wish Ash had used Chikorita's Vine Whip to lift it instead.
5/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
KyogreThunder said:
and the Houdour pack being very caring and protective for the injured one

It reminded me of how some animals in real life protect the weaker members of their group when they're sick or injured. I liked that added element of realism here since it made Delvil seem less like menaces and more like just another misunderstood species of Pokemon.

Since Houndour is a Dark type and this was the first time that Ash met a Dark Pokemon I was thinking that the Houndour pack would be genuinely evil but they were just trying to take food for the sick Houndour in the cave. I liked how Ash became friends with the wild Houndour pack and they acted more like wolves than a pack of stray dogs. I wanted Ash to get the Houndour that had the scar on its face but I guess it just wasn't meant to be. 7/10

Houndour are great. Ash probably didn't catch one because Houndour are considered devil Pokémon.

RafaSceptile

Reviewing the Pokémon anime in 10 words or less:
"So Pikachu learned a move that he never used again?"

Episode: 4/10