• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

House MD just used...

Last edited:

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
It was just on an hour ago EST. It may be airing now in other time zones.

I should have watched. I turned it off after terra nova

Gelatino95

Not a tool
I'm so proud that I've been pronouncing it like House does and not like the way they do in the misguided anime.

Profesco

gone gently
Ahaha, I caught this last night and loved it. :D

Sorry, I forget this is more international than forums I'm used to. House is a televison show on the Fox Netwqorkk (stars Hugh Laurie).

The rest is fairly simple, he used "Arceus" in place of "God" and I'm not sure if I'm vindicated (two favorite shows merged) or be disturbed since House is a cynical aft who frequently mocks and makes fun of people in much that same style.

You should feel vindicated. A good House fan admires his immense and diverse knowledge, and his ability to connect information from different contexts. In fact that's what makes him the diagnostician he is. That House knows not just that there is such a thing as Arceus but that Arceus is said to have created the universe tells us that he knows and understands Pokemon.

The possibility that he's only using it for mockery purposes shouldn't bug you at all. He's House, you know. Nothing is sacred. And he even mocks the things he likes and respects at times, so it needn't be a negative message.

Golly. House talking about Arceus. That's a "god complex" I can get behind. ^_^

Ememew

Emerald Mew
I don't watch the show but that's awesome. I love hearing Pokemon references.

Especially ones that reference Pokemon beyond the first generation or two, because it shows that whoever made the reference continued to be a fan past Pokemon's peak popularity internationally. Arceus certainly fits that bill.

Game Maker

Memento Mori
When I heard House talking about Arceus, he practically melted my heard! :3 Back then he would just play Metroid Fusion/Hunters, but I'm glad that the writers decided to throw in a Pokemon reference! And it's a reference to Arceus! Pokemon shout-outs for those that came after the first Generation are rare! This is officially my favorite episode of the series! X3333333333

On a slightly off topic note, Hugh Laurie was on tv the other night and I didn't recognise him without the american accent. So weird, great singing though.
Please don't ban me, but Hugh actually has a role in Aurthur Christmas. I didn't recognize him either because of the same reason. =w=

I'm so proud that I've been pronouncing it like House does and not like the way they do in the misguided anime.

Yes! That's what makes the reference even more special! I'm glad that even House knows that Arceus is pronounced with a soft C! X3

Honeyichigo

The manliest
Especially ones that reference Pokemon beyond the first generation or two, because it shows that whoever made the reference continued to be a fan past Pokemon's peak popularity internationally. Arceus certainly fits that bill.

Yeah. I don't watch House but I still like to see some of the newer gens get referenced.

And I'm pretty sure it's pronounced "Arkeus" because it's from "arch" (as in highest, like in "archnemesis") or "archaic" or something, but I could be wrong!

OceanHero

Smile Smile Smile!
So, this was last weeks episode? I didn't watch that one, but I do like house.

The ONE episode I miss and it mentions POKEMON.
Luck in action.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
I don't really get why he would say that, having never watched House- seems a bit random- but I do like that it's referencing Pokemon in the mainstream other than via Pikachu, Charizard or Mewtwo!

randomspot555

I don't really get why he would say that, having never watched House- seems a bit random- but I do like that it's referencing Pokemon in the mainstream other than via Pikachu, Charizard or Mewtwo!

What's not to "get"? Television shows reference pop culture all the time. In this case, House just used Arceus as a stand-in for God.

Aquanova

I think its cool that he mentioned Arceus, but I guess Pokemon does get mentioned in shows from time to time. It was kind of obscure and random, but it is House after all, it just kind of strikes me as the kinda random thing he would say. Still awesome to think that House( the character) would know about Arceus and Pokemon. I wonder how many people will Google "Arceus" now to find out what he was talking about.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
That was a pretty awesome reference. I also love how he pronounced it correctly AND used it in a somewhat knowledgable form. I just gained a lot of respect for House. I've only seen a few episodes but it seems like a great show. I gotta check it out again sometime...