• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

House MD just used...

gliscor&yanmega

Cool. I don't watch it, but it's fun to know other shows out there reference Pokemon.

Saw a list on bulbapedia.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
What's not to "get"? Television shows reference pop culture all the time. In this case, House just used Arceus as a stand-in for God.

Why an adults American prime-time drama would reference a Japanese children's game for no other reason than to substitute the word 'God'? Yes, that makes perfect sense...

Spooticus

I totally missed what he said... Only heard "Look it up."
But now that I know...
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's awesome!

randomspot555

Why an adults American prime-time drama would reference a Japanese children's game for no other reason than to substitute the word 'God'? Yes, that makes perfect sense...

This.
Well, funny is the only word that comes to mind.

Because it's totally something House would do.

House has previously been seen playing video games on the show. In the early part of the first season, he'd be seen playing a GBA-SP (the one time a game was shown, it was some Metroid game). In season 2, he was given a PSP from a patient and is seen playing it every now and then.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
Because it's totally something House would do.

House has previously been seen playing video games on the show. In the early part of the first season, he'd be seen playing a GBA-SP (the one time a game was shown, it was some Metroid game). In season 2, he was given a PSP from a patient and is seen playing it every now and then.

I did say I haven't seen House before. I'm sure if I'd watched every episode I wouldn't bat an eyelid, but not knowing what the character is like it does seem a little out there.

Plus there's a difference between playing video games and randomly referencing one in what I assume was a very serious conversation.

Plus there's a difference between playing video games and randomly referencing one in what I assume was a very serious conversation.

That's another thing you'd understand if you knew the show. Conversations are never serious with Dr. House...

I watched it. It was awesome. But even though I've seen most of the episodes, it still seemed like a weird thing for him to say.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
That's another thing you'd understand if you knew the show. Conversations are never serious with Dr. House...

I watched it. It was awesome. But even though I've seen most of the episodes, it still seemed like a weird thing for him to say.

Fair enough. Perhaps I should watch House :D

That was all I was saying, just seemed a bit out there, even for a quirky character like House.

P.s epic username!

Wyrm

~Setting Sail~
Nice to see the franchise we all love get referenced in a popular show. Hurray for supreme advertising.

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
Pokemon references

I love watching tv shows or movies or other games and finding pokemon references. What are some of your favorites and if you can, post links to videos of them. Appearantly Arceus was mentioned on House.

Jefko

almost completed Dex
the southpark episode,

CHINpokemon

Chaser26

Pokemon Long Vet
There's actually an article on Bulbapedia about every references in TV shows. I knew one of them, back years ago when that show "Suite Life of Zack & Cody" was on. In one episode I noticed a toy Pokeball on top of their fridge. :3

Luxie

Goddess of Lust
Three states of matter.

Solid=Steel=Diagla
Liquid=Water=Palkia
Gas=Ghost=Giratina

Who represents..... plasma?

Which series does he say this in? Because if it's anything other than the latest one I totally missed it! Derp.

Profesco

gone gently
Three states of matter.

Solid=Steel=Diagla
Liquid=Water=Palkia
Gas=Ghost=Giratina

Who represents..... plasma?

Rotom, of course. ;479;