• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

House of the Dead 2 and 3 planned for Wii (Spring '08)

Swampy

Crack the Skye
joystiq said:
GameFly has listed House of the Dead 2 & 3 for the Wii launching March 31, '08. Joystiq has confirmed that this game is real by contacting Sega, but they aren't ready to make the "official" announcement for a little while longer. So the game is real, but we'll have to wait a little longer on the official release date and details. GameFly is notoriously on the money in accidentally announcing new titles companies aren't ready to talk about yet due to their robotic nature of tossing up the info in the supply chain. GameFly does not lie -- unless the publisher has no idea what they're doing.

Wii detractors will be quick to point out that House of the Dead 2 & 3 aren't the latest in the series (that would be HotD 4) and are considerably "last-gen" at this point. House of the Dead will join Sega's other light-gun title, Ghost Squad, and Capcom's Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles in giving purpose to the Wii Zapper. As much as getting half-decade old arcade ports makes us roll our eyes at the Wii, it's still cool to play House of the Dead without having to hunt down one of last arcades left in the States.
Blog post can be found here.

Honestly, I think this looks awesome. I'm a fan of the HotD series myself so you can see how this is epic news to me. Although, the lack of [some form of] graphical update does make me feel a little sad. To add to this news, from what I've heard, the Wii has keyboard support. Typing of the Dead, anyone? :D

EmberStar the Blaziken

Kung-Pow Chicken
That's cool. I guess now that Capcom has seen that UC is recieving good press it is moving it's other games to the Wii. $50 dollars for a life time of HOD. Nice.

Rave

Banned
Seeing this arouses my interest.

Swampy

Crack the Skye
That's cool. I guess now that Capcom has seen that UC is recieving good press it is moving it's other games to the Wii. $50 dollars for a life time of HOD. Nice.

Not to mention Capcom will move its games anywhere for a quick buck or two (see: DMC4), lol. But, hey, I'm not complaining. 8D