• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How about instead of Link saving Zelda, it's the other way?

Come to think of it, that idea could actually work if only Aonuma and the gang over the Zelda team could follow. Perhaps it could tie in with the Adult Oot - Wind Waker timeline. The Hero never shows up and only Zelda is there follow by Ganon breaking out of the seal. Perhaps in a time and place we may see that game some day. A game where we see Hyrule being flooded.

woot21

super noob
To be fair, the games that stated that also broke that by letting Zelda defeat Ganon.
I was implying that the good Zelda games have Link, and only Link, defeating Ganon, and that two of the worst in the series have Zelda defeating Ganon. Also, SQUADALA!

woot21 out dawgs

Slick

Banned
It could work if it were a follow-up to Spirit Tracks?

ReallyShyGuy

Not Really Shy
Well...Link's central theme has always been courage and his main tactic involves fighting
mosters, so I can only imagine a zelda-based zelda game (how wierd does that sound)
being more puzzle oriented, since her theme has always been wisdom. There's alot of
potential there, but it really wouldn't seem like a true zelda game to me without its main hero.

jellsprout

Well...Link's central theme has always been courage and his main tactic involves fighting
mosters, so I can only imagine a zelda-based zelda game (how wierd does that sound)
being more puzzle oriented, since her theme has always been wisdom. There's alot of
potential there, but it really wouldn't seem like a true zelda game to me without its main hero.

Legend of Zelda: Puzzle League

jellsprout

ITT: Kids who've never even touched a CD-i bashing on it because it's the cool thing to do.

Last edited:

BCVM22

Heh. That reminds me...would you guys consider a zelda-centered game to be a spin-off?

Probably, solely on the basis that it would be. Look at it this way: can you really imagine that they would do this instead of the one or two super-big Zelda titles we get per console?

ReallyShyGuy

Not Really Shy
Probably, solely on the basis that it would be. Look at it this way: can you really imagine that they would do this instead of the one or two super-big Zelda titles we get per console?

Well...it seems that Four Swords Adventures for the game cube was definitely a deviation from tradtional zelda gameplay but is still considered a part of the series. I would more tend to expect split gameplay between zelda and link, but I do think that a game with zelda as the hero would fall into some kind of a grey area, unless it would be like one of those pathetic tingle spin-offs.

BCVM22

And with that in mind, would you really put FSA in the same category as Ocarina, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker and so on?

7 tyranitars

well they should not let zelda defeat ganon because that would ruin the game plot (if not a spin off) but it was fun that she had a bigger role in spirit tracks I mean I was getting sick of those stupid fairies :p

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Zelda with multiple playable characters each with their own separate health meters would be interesting. Maybe have Link, Zelda and another character team up to take on a new threat to Hyrule. I know, 'But you can't have a Zelda game that actually has Zelda as a playable character. That'd make no sense.' is what you're saying. Well, you don't see them calling it Legend of Link, do you?

But think of it from a design perspective. You've got three characters. Each character has their own health meters. Now you've got to decide who gets the next Heart Piece or Heart Container. Now we've got strategy and pre-planning in the mix. Do you deck one character out right away, or balance the group and gradually max everyone's health out?

Maybe each character uses a different weapon. Maybe Zelda uses throwing knives (possible Shiek form). Maybe the third character uses a warhammer or a big mace that swings slower but does way more damage per hit. Now you've got to worry about who works best against what. Maybe only Zelda can damage the next boss. Or maybe each character has to destroy a part of it. Now we've got sequencing.

On top of that, maybe each character has their own inventory of items. Maybe only Zelda can use the bow this time, and maybe only Link can use bombs. Maybe one of the characters can jump, but not anyone else. Wouldn't that add an interesting twist?

Just a few little ideas.

Secret Identity

Pseudo Trainer