• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How are Ghost Pokemon born?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenpachi

Flawless Technique
I mean, do they hatch from eggs? Kinda sucks to be born dead.

I'd always thought Ghost Pokemon are the reincarnation of dead Pokemon.
Like if a Charmander fell in the ocean and died, a Misdreavus, Gastly, or first
evolutionary form of a ghost type would suddenly emerge from where it just died.

Emerald 2006

Well jeez, isn't that the ultimate oxymoron, born dead...
The truth is, they are not born, they simply show up out of nowhere.
There you go!

*Evil laugh, then Diappears*

joerachi

The Blazing Tempest
they are ghost type but that doesnt mean they are dead.

Well the term ghost genarally means a some kind of spirit that was once alive(which now is dead). a manifestation if you will. so Ghost pokemon must be dead

Tyrant Tar

so Ghost pokemon must be dead

But they are not necessarily ghosts. They are ghost-type, meaning they merely have attributes commonly associated with spirits, but aren't spirits themselves just because of their typing. Similar to how most fire-types aren't flames, or rock-types being covered in rock-like scales or armor as opposed to being solid hunks of rock.

The only literal ghost we've seen is Marowak, who is still a Marowak ghost, not a Gastly or whatever.

tom-tom

Furret <3
But they are not necessarily ghosts. They are ghost-type, meaning they merely have attributes commonly associated with spirits, but aren't spirits themselves just because of their typing. Similar to how most fire-types aren't flames, or rock-types being covered in rock-like scales or armor as opposed to being solid hunks of rock.

The only literal ghost we've seen is Marowak, who is still a Marowak ghost, not a Gastly or whatever.

exactly!!!

joerachi

The Blazing Tempest
well do you ever see any dead gastly. besides why else would the famous towers in which hold dead pokemon in it have only gastly/haunter(with the execption of cubone in the lavander tower). and the old chateau had actual ghosts and ghost pokemon.

Kenpachi

Flawless Technique
Ghost Pokemon have more than just ghostly properties, they're real ghost.
I don't know about all of them, but the pure and 1st type ghost types
can pass through solid objects, hover, and become invisible.

Ninterror X

The bird brain.
The original Pokemon that was in the egg dies, and becomes a ghost type Pokemon.
Seems pretty obvious to me...

ShiroRyu

Having seen the 'real' ghosts of the game, I still think that ghost pokemon must be 'ghosts' of some sort or another. Ninterror X seems to have a reasonable solution.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
Hmmm.. so if you prematurely hatch a Gastly egg (for example), you'll get a whole new Pokemon?
Hm-m-m-m...

'Ghost' types are not actual ghosts. They just have those abilities. Of course, because most the ghosts that roam around the towers, built in remembrance of dead Pokemon, it's most likely their natural habitat. Or they just like scaring people, and People would be easy to scare in a graveyard.

Status
Not open for further replies.