• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How are you going to prepare for LGPE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PirateKing

I’ve been wanting to go back to Kanto for a long time, so from now until November, I’m gonna try and get myself as hyped as possible! I did something similar for Sun and Moon and it really enhanced the whole hype cycle experience!

I’m gonna atleast rewatch the original season and orange islands arc of the Anime, and the movies. (Origins and Generations too)
I’ll probably replay through XY,ORAS, and USUM as I just played through most of the others recently enough. I’ll probably go through the RB arc of The Manga and reread The Electric Tale of Pikachu.

I think I might get back into collecting vintage merch and see if I can find some of the cool Knick knacks I saw back in the Pokemania days, (Toys, books,Magazines, etc.) maybe I’ll get into the TCG and see if I can track down a vintage Charizard that won’t cost me an arm and a leg.

Anyone else have anything special they’re thinking of doing to lead up to launch?

Arcanineblitz

I usually breed the Pokémon I want to use for the new games and ev train them (at level 1 of course) but I doubt LG will let me transfer so I’m making a rule set I’ll use for my first run

So far I have

1. Keep your starter (for me it’s eevee)
2. Other than grinding only heal at Pokémon centers
3. Nickname all you captured Pokémon
4. Only use as many Pokémon in a gym as the leader has (for example if Brock has three you can only use three)

And that’s it I think, I’m not sure if I want to nuzlocke it yet.

Kage-Pikachu

I usually do a replay through of each gen before the release of a new one so I can enjoy the experiences back to back. But for this one, I think I'll just replay my Yellow that accidentally got erased and my Blue. They're fun to play at triple speed on the 64 (just sucked that the music is also triple speed...)

I like the idea of only using the same amount of Pokemon the gym leader has.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I’ve been wanting to go back to Kanto for a long time, so from now until November, I’m gonna try and get myself as hyped as possible! I did something similar for Sun and Moon and it really enhanced the whole hype cycle experience!

I’m gonna atleast rewatch the original season and orange islands arc of the Anime, and the movies. (Origins and Generations too)
I’ll probably replay through XY,ORAS, and USUM as I just played through most of the others recently enough. I’ll probably go through the RB arc of The Manga and reread The Electric Tale of Pikachu.

I think I might get back into collecting vintage merch and see if I can find some of the cool Knick knacks I saw back in the Pokemania days, (Toys, books,Magazines, etc.) maybe I’ll get into the TCG and see if I can track down a vintage Charizard that won’t cost me an arm and a leg.

Anyone else have anything special they’re thinking of doing to lead up to launch?
Re-read RB Arc, Yellow Arc, and even the GSC arc which does a good job bringing more insight of what happened to Kanto all these years than even the games, and feels like a proper sequel to the Gen 1 arcs whereas the next story arcs feel more like stand-alones in a shared universe.

One of the more funnier moments I thought was Yellow's unevolved Pokemon going against Lance's Elite Dragon-themed team.

Last edited:

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
Well, watching the 20th movie - finally - will be a decent step soon, although I'm far more excited for M21 to come out (and it's the first time I've cared about a movie or the anime in general since M3).

I'm probably going to do a pretty thorough run through Fire Red, too - sort of readjust to Kanto to get rid of any traces of that annoying, ever-so-prevalent anti-Kanto stigma that I might carry.

Pokemon Power

I'm gonna try to catch a lot of Pokemon this summer in Pokemon Go, so I can send them over when LGPE comes out. I'll also try to finish up my playthroughs of Yellow and Ultra Moon. And if I have enough time and money, I'll start doing Platinum and Ultra Sun as well.

Orphalesion

By swearing the "Gen VIII Watch" Oath
"Gen 1 gathers and so my wait begins
It shall not end until 2019.
I shall not purchase a Switch (unless there end up being 5 exclusive titles I'm really interested in, it's currently at 2)
I shall not revive my old Pokemon Go Account (unless I happen to be, like, really bored)
I shall not spoil the fun other people might have with the game.
But I shall be interested in what kind of critter the mystery Pokemon is, Friends, the Forums or Tumblr shall tell me"

Kage-Pikachu

I wasn't going to buy a Switch until Gen 8 came out but then I got one for Christmas so I was like Sweeeeeettt! What are the 2 games you're interested in, I think I can guess though, lol.

Orphalesion

Right now it's BOTW and Octopath Traveler (releasing next month), but unless they release three more Switch-exclusive games I really wnat before then, I'll get my Switch when Pokemon 2019 :)

Kage-Pikachu

Ah! I only got one right, lol, I thought for sure you would have picked Super Mario Odyssey. Hopefully someone surprises you with one before that, I told my mom and sister NOT to buy me one since Pokemon wasn't out yet but they ignored me and brought it out as a surprise present (it wasn't under the tree with my other gifts).

I'll prepare for Gen 8 by playing Yellow, Soul Silver, Alpha Sapphire, White, Black 2, X, Ultra Sun, and LGP in that order.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I've actually been playing Pokémon GO a lot, catching and training the pokemon I want to transfer over.

So far I have two Pidgeot, two Cloyster, two Starmie, a Raticate, and a Magikarp I am desperately trying to evolve. I'm still hoping I get a second chance at catching an Alolan Exeggutor before the game comes out.

buskalilly

Like Pokemon Power and PrinceOfFacade, I was planning to play Pokemon Go in the run-up . . . until I discovered that my phone doesn't even run it! I'm moving into an apartment and starting full-time work next month, and once I'm settled in I was planning to buy a new phone anyway.

I've been replaying each generation of the series, with an eye to being in a good position to fill out a National Dex on Pokemon Bank. That said, I'll be aiming to finish that by the time Gen 8 rolls around. I'm not so dumb as to think I'll do it by LGPE.

The only other thing I'll do is the same thing I've done the night before every Pokemon launch since Diamond and Pearl: Re-watch Die Hard 4.

Kage-Pikachu

I often do that too, I like to replay each gen in the months leading up to a new gen releasing.

The only Pokedex I've ever been able to complete are Yellow and Moon.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I often do that too, I like to replay each gen in the months leading up to a new gen releasing.

The only Pokedex I've ever been able to complete are Yellow and Moon.
For me, I try to finish all of my games before a new Pokémon game releases, even all of their postgames and their Pokédexes, so that I'll have more time to try a new release. I've only completed the Gen 6 ones and the one in Sun.

Kage-Pikachu

I wish they would make it easier to trade Pokemon, like being able to trade up to 6 at a time would save a lot of time. Transferring Pokemon carrying Lucky Eggs, Mega Stones, Bottle Caps, etc is so time consuming. Just give us an item bank...or make Pokemon Bank item accessible.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I wish they would make it easier to trade Pokemon, like being able to trade up to 6 at a time would save a lot of time. Transferring Pokemon carrying Lucky Eggs, Mega Stones, Bottle Caps, etc is so time consuming. Just give us an item bank...or make Pokemon Bank item accessible.
True. That makes it a lot easier to prepare for new releases.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I'm trying to save up so I could buy a Switch before release.
But right now, I'm playing Yellow VC. I'm actually torn whether I should play FRLG instead.

I still haven't touched my Ultra Sun's post-game though.

Status
Not open for further replies.