• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How big is the chance to get PokéRUS?

Pachirissu!!

I gots me a Pikachu.
How big is the chance to get PokéRUS?

How big is the chance to get PokéRUS? Is it 1/10,000 or something else? Please tell me. Thankx.

=Pachirissu!!=

latiaswindblast

You have a chance from 3/65535 for getting Pokerus.

Incarnati0n

Just as planned.
You have a chance from 3/65535 for getting Pokerus.
that would mean 1\21845...
if that's true, i'm really lucky! i got pokerus at my emerald, ruby and gold version. odd enough, i haven't got a single shiny!
luck is a weird thing.

latiaswindblast

Well,my starter on Saphirre;Mudkip had Pokerus.

rippersteveM5

i hAVe A n05e
well, my friend in gold got a shiny with pokerus (*gasp*) and then his game got deleted somehow...

graceofbaal

Steel Trainer
that would mean 1\21845...
if that's true, i'm really lucky! i got pokerus at my emerald, ruby and gold version. odd enough, i haven't got a single shiny!
luck is a weird thing.

I got Pokerus the first five minutes of play, on my way up to battle May for the first time. I've yet to get a shiny, but in my opinion, getting Pokerus is far better than getting a shiny.

graceofbaal

Steel Trainer
i don't know what is it, but my friend have it on 20 pokemons. I don't understand it

I have an entire box of Pokes with it. It spreads to other pokemon when you battle, so if you ever get it, fill your team with pointless Pokes, fight a few battles, and when the other 5 are infected, throw 'em in the PC, then repeat. This ensures you have a 'test tube' of Pokerus at your disposal, and you can spread it to a Pokemon you want to EV train at your own leisure.

Looking back at my EV training, I really don't know how I could keep my sanity without it. That cuts it in half, and then Macho Brace cuts it in half again. That means to max out an EV of 252, fixed with both PR and MB, you must battle 63 Pokes instead of 126, with just MB, or 252 without either. Granted the pokes you're fighting give you 1 EV. But if you're smart enough to do the Secret Base trick, with each Poke giving you 3, that cuts the amount to 21! But since you can only fight SB trainers once a day, you have to do some work outside.

MJOLNIR

< cool
I have an entire box of Pokes with it. It spreads to other pokemon when you battle, so if you ever get it, fill your team with pointless Pokes, fight a few battles, and when the other 5 are infected, throw 'em in the PC, then repeat. This ensures you have a 'test tube' of Pokerus at your disposal, and you can spread it to a Pokemon you want to EV train at your own leisure.

Looking back at my EV training, I really don't know how I could keep my sanity without it. That cuts it in half, and then Macho Brace cuts it in half again. That means to max out an EV of 252, fixed with both PR and MB, you must battle 63 Pokes instead of 126, with just MB, or 252 without either. Granted the pokes you're fighting give you 1 EV. But if you're smart enough to do the Secret Base trick, with each Poke giving you 3, that cuts the amount to 21! But since you can only fight SB trainers once a day, you have to do some work outside.

or you could clone an infected pokemon

latiaswindblast

Like I said before,3/65535