• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How can ash reach the finals ever again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acrobatics

Sky Master
Yeah I'm pretty upset and angry still with Ash's loss. Writers set him up perfectly to win it all and the ****ed up. I just can't think of how any other region after this will top the intensity and hype going into a league like Kalos did. We're pretty much always gonna have to assume for the worst. But if anything came out of this, it's me feeling that Ash won't ever win with just his normal regional teams. Remember when Ash told his team they were his best team? Nah well they wernt. At this point I don't see Ash coming this close ever again. However only way I see Ash winning at last his using his actual ultimate team that includes his reserves/powerhouses from past gens, which who knows if this will ever even happen. And no I wouldn't put goodra on that list, thing was awful in the league.. But seriously I'm still so sad that he lost and the feeling isn't gonna go away for a while..

STICKTOPIA

Ash slowly gets a higher place in each league he competes in(with the exception of unova) so eventually he will reach the finals and also win the whole league

Sroxs

Versatile Trainer
There's also the question of whether there will even be a league for Alola since it doesn't have any gyms.

WaterTypeWarrior

There's also the question of whether there will even be a league for Alola since it doesn't have any gyms.

Pretty sure that's still unconfirmed. Just because island trials clearly play a big role in Sun and Moon's narrative doesn't necessarily mean that they're replacing Gyms.

Haunter ゴースト

Easy, they simply have him get to the finals again. You'll be surprised at how easy intensity and hype can be written. When the next League comes around and if the writers decide to have Ash at the Finals, it'll be good.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
By winning the the semi-final match before said final match?

Billybo10K

Silent Trainer
Next league, I can see it now, all of the battles except for the finals are skipped. And then Ash loses and we see him win nothing except montages. Peeerfect!

SlimeStack

I kinda wonder how it would play out. In this league Ash pretty much steamrolled his way straight to Charizard. Would the next big tournament be even easier for him? Or would he regress enough to struggle again?

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
I kinda wonder how it would play out. In this league Ash pretty much steamrolled his way straight to Charizard. Would the next big tournament be even easier for him? Or would he regress enough to struggle again?

I probably think the writers and staff would probably go for the latter. In all honesty though, I wouldn't be sure if the next big tournament would be easier for Ash.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy

Ash had an animé only power-up for his Pokémon to propel him to the finals. If he doesn't get Mega Evolution in the future, and he doesn't get another Ash-Greninja-like Pokémon, he'll probably have trouble getting to the finals and winning if the other Trainers do utilize Megas. Still, with Z-moves appearing in the game, and Pikachu being able to use them, I can easily see Ash getting Z-moves and being able to make a run in Alola, possibly even making the finals. Unless he resets, like in Unova, he had gradually gotten higher ranks, so chances are he'll at the very least make the finals in Alola, assuming it has a League and he doesn't get reset.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Ash losing the Kalos league was the plan for the writers. Yes, he could have won but he didn't. Ash is capable of reaching the finals again and he might be able to win the next time he is in the finals.

Genaller

Silver Soul
I more or less agree with the point that Ash will only have a significant chance of winning a league or whatever the Alola and future gen equivalents are if he uses the full plethora of Pokemon at his disposal and tbh I think that's the way it should be. Still upset he couldn't win this time though.

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
And no I wouldn't put goodra on that list, thing was awful in the league.. But seriously I'm still so sad that he lost and the feeling isn't gonna go away for a while..

What did you expect with that terrible match-ups? It was a real statement for it to tie with Slurpuff, as only Bide could cause damage, and it did 90% of the job against Bisharp with Bide and Rain Dance - the writers just didn't want Greninja to be the fall guy.

His ultimate team imo: Pikachu-Charizard-Sceptile-Infernape-Greninja-Goodra

Amine

What did you expect with that terrible match-ups? It was a real statement for it to tie with Slurpuff, as only Bide could cause damage, and it did 90% of the job against Bisharp with Bide and Rain Dance - the writers just didn't want Greninja to be the fall guy.

His ultimate team imo: Pikachu-Charizard-Sceptile-Infernape-Greninja-Goodra

No Snorlax instead of Goodra and there you have your ultimate team.

Chardaddy

He can learn some secret family recipes from Delia, and use them to win. Or he could break dance his way to the Championship.

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
No Snorlax instead of Goodra and there you have your ultimate team.

Goodra over Snorlax imo. Goodra took even Slurpuff with him, despite the terrible match-up, and only lost to Bisharp because of terrible match-up+Guillotine. The combination of Hydration, Bide and the 2 long rage attacks allow it to defeat 95% of its opponents, especially if Satoshi would use him against opponents that aren't perfect counters against it.

fawfulmark2

We need to learn more about Alola first, for as far as we know there might not be one.

And considering the fallout over this, maybe it's better that way.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Goodra over Snorlax imo. Goodra took even Slurpuff with him, despite the terrible match-up, and only lost to Bisharp because of terrible match-up+Guillotine. The combination of Hydration, Bide and the 2 long rage attacks allow it to def)e)-at 95% of its opponents, especially if Satoshi would use him against opponents that aren't perfect counters against it.
So Goodra is better than Snorlax because its only wins were done through spamming bide and Clemont's Luxray is his only true victory(in type advantage, mind you) over Snorlax who never goes down without beating at least one Pokémon, even with type disadvantage, when Medicham and Hariyama, Steelix)? That's some logical mind right there

Shooti

Uber Trainer
Or Ash could end up losing in semis again, Best Wishes part 2 coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.