1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

How can ash reach the finals ever again?

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Acrobatics, Aug 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Genaller

Genaller May 16th 2016 - October 12th 2019

Yeah I'm not a Kalos worshipper, but the official subs for XYZ 33 have Ash saying that "this is my best team" which can be logically interpreted as best regional team and Ash would have a better understanding of his Pokemon than we do and we can't say he forgot about his older Pokemon, since the same episode shows that he was contemplating using them. Regardless of the league being rushed, the Kalos team did get him to TOP 2 all by themselves. I will say that I think the best Kalos, Kanto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh teams are pretty close in power and all though I see the Kalos team beating any of those regional teams in battle, it would be a hard fought 6-5 win with Ash-Greninja panting hard.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  2. Xenon Blue

Xenon Blue No Hard Feelings

It's basically perspective and opinion at this point when comparing Ash's Kanto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/Kalos team. They are all really close in power-level.

3. Navin

Navin MALDREAD

1. Giving a good fight = / = elite. Swellow defeated Hariyama, then tanked a sandstorm and several 4X effective Rollouts and still defeated Donphan, and then cracked Metagross' armor. That is an elite performance.

2. So what if Mr. Big and Reliable is very young? Scraggy is also very young. Are we going to rank Scraggy in the upper echelon? 'Age' is such a relative concept in the anime too, especially when it comes to Pokémon.

How does Smogonbird have a better gym statistic? Is it fair to compare when Taillow was only used once (and not in the rematch) prior to evolution? Nor is it fair to compare a single-stage Taillow to a second-stage Fletchinder. When you do compare them when you should and when it matters, Swellow is even or slightly better in the gym statistic as well.

???

Swellow tanking Thunderbolts, which is the actual important part of the feat that everyone seems to forget, is 100% okay. They even foreshadowed that **** during Taillow's capture episode.

A Pseudo-Legie who draws against a Slurpuff and loses to a Bisharp, after being gone rest of the season.
    A "Mega-" slayer for a 10 second animation-error battle without context that means nothing. "Fairy-"slayer...okay, just like so many other of Ash's Pokémon who win despite type-disadvantage.
    2 Pokémon that successfully *landed a hit

And you are blatantly incorrect.

Yup, a PIS battle that goes against all consistency established in AG because these writers thought it was wise to cram a semifinal full battle into a single episode and had to rush to Pikachu v Latios. Nice defense mate.

4. GLTSRY

GLTSRY Unova Ace Oshawott

I'm right now too tired to answer all your points, but regarding Ash vs Tate/Liza, there is luckily someone who can for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwHu0R6O0Ng
    He explains it starting at 9:50

Ah, and btw "mate", your beloved Swellow didn't lose bc of the writers, it lost because it used a Kamikaze attack on Luster Purge - which apparently is enough to knock it out. Defending Ash vs the twins and calling this battle PIS is just pure comedy.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  5. DankOverlord

DankOverlord Komodo Dragons Rule!

Thank You Maldread. I feel like people enjoy overrating this team because of promotonal material tat ended up being pointless in the long run

6. SebastiaanZ

SebastiaanZ Well-Known Member

Well a good solution would be to have the producers and writers be replaced for one. After the fiasco of last week, they cannot keep the same writers and producers IMO.
    I know that won't happen. Like you I am pissed about it.

7. Navin

Navin MALDREAD

Everyone acknowledges Thunder Armor itself - the act of Swellow's body becoming empowered in an asspull. However, tanking a barrage of Thunderbolts is a perfectly valid feat. Alain's Charizard X tanked Pikachu's Thunderbolt (the electricity dropped it to its knees) - is that BS now? What's comical is everyone saying "B-but T-Thunder Armor!" when it comes to Swellow, and ignoring the capture foreshadowing and the rest of Swellow's feats and how it actually supports the feat of tanking a barrage of Thunderbolts.

Swellow would have lost regardless to Latios. That's not the problem. The issue is how it was presented. With how Swellow was depicted in AG, it should have been able to tank a couple of hits/attacks/collisions and land two hits before falling. That at least fits with the consistency of being a juggernaut in AG - not the rushed PIS in what was presented. And it's funny you're using that as a negative point against Swellow, when any Pokémon sans 'Peakachu' would have lost to Latios.

8. Kazuki Mirai

Kazuki Mirai Well-Known Member

I expect a regression like landing in the semi-finals for the next one but it'd be worse if he just stop at the quarter finals.

But considering how much reaction this garnered, the vids getting a massive dislike so much that they got disabled maybe they'll fix up on the status quo. I mean the Champion League was meant to lengthen the scale of Ash's journey if he did beat the League.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  9. SebastiaanZ

SebastiaanZ Well-Known Member

Would be pretty fun if they regressed him even further and not even have Ash get into the finals. XD
    Lol at them disabling the Dislike button, guess they are sore losers.

10. Greneuliest808

Greneuliest808 Future Graduate

Yeah, and then more fans are going to make fun of Ash on how he could not win again.
    The preview of XYZ39 on TV Tokyo's Channel now has over 60K dislikes. Now that's hilarious. I'll leave this link here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkDBCBiFsMs

11. Caseydia

Caseydia Ace Trainer

I saw that too. It is both hilarious and stupid at the same time. One because this isn't the video to be doing that in and two because it's just a preview not and episode and yet people are butt hurt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.