• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How can ash reach the finals ever again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genaller

Silver Soul
It wasn't even close to being Zapdos, it was simply using the enviroment o ocnfuse him, and hsi team is average since Lucha, Noivern and Goodra were fall guys in the league, save for one measly victory for Lucha, and Noivern literally won one battle only while tying with a Pokemon that has zero wins under its belt, if anything Hoenn beats this team since not even Ash Greninja is THAT impressive compared to Sceptile and Swellow (Who fought Deoxys on par) and the former defeated a Dakrai that sweeped the SInnoh Region.
I feel bad for your apparent and batant Kalos worshipping, mean you earlier claimed Goodra to be better, and now you're thinking that a team that relies on Pikachu and Greninja saving the day is a "ballanced and the beat team ever"

Yeah I'm not a Kalos worshipper, but the official subs for XYZ 33 have Ash saying that "this is my best team" which can be logically interpreted as best regional team and Ash would have a better understanding of his Pokemon than we do and we can't say he forgot about his older Pokemon, since the same episode shows that he was contemplating using them. Regardless of the league being rushed, the Kalos team did get him to TOP 2 all by themselves. I will say that I think the best Kalos, Kanto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh teams are pretty close in power and all though I see the Kalos team beating any of those regional teams in battle, it would be a hard fought 6-5 win with Ash-Greninja panting hard.

Last edited:

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
It's basically perspective and opinion at this point when comparing Ash's Kanto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/Kalos team. They are all really close in power-level.

Navin

MALDREAD
Look, I don't know if you don't want to understand my points regarding Noivern, or you just can't. Once more: It's a Pokemon that only fought against opponents it was weak to, with a 4x weakness to Weavile's Ice Beam, and a legendary. Yet, Noivern always delivered a good performance , going head to head against Alain's Metang, despite not even knowing Dragon Claw back then, defeating Doublade or overpowering Zapdos. And the most important thing: It's still a very young Pokemon, being a baby for most time. For a de-facto baby Pokemon, these feats are very impressive.

1. Giving a good fight = / = elite. Swellow defeated Hariyama, then tanked a sandstorm and several 4X effective Rollouts and still defeated Donphan, and then cracked Metagross' armor. That is an elite performance.

2. So what if Mr. Big and Reliable is very young? Scraggy is also very young. Are we going to rank Scraggy in the upper echelon? 'Age' is such a relative concept in the anime too, especially when it comes to Pokémon.

Yeah, I understand where you come from with Swellows League statistic, it's better than TFlame's, while Flame has the overall better Gym statistic.

How does Smogonbird have a better gym statistic? Is it fair to compare when Taillow was only used once (and not in the rematch) prior to evolution? Nor is it fair to compare a single-stage Taillow to a second-stage Fletchinder. When you do compare them when you should and when it matters, Swellow is even or slightly better in the gym statistic as well.

And no, EVERYTHING about the battle with Tate and Liza was plain BS. From using Pikachu and Swellow to begin with, to Lightscreen reflecting the Thunderbolds, everything was BS at its finest, with the Thunder-Armor OHKO being the absolute highlight.

???

Swellow tanking Thunderbolts, which is the actual important part of the feat that everyone seems to forget, is 100% okay. They even foreshadowed that **** during Taillow's capture episode.

And yeah, I wouldn't call a team with a Pseudo-Mega, a Pseuo-Legie, a Mega- and Fairy-slayer and 2 Pokemon that succesfully battled Legies an ultimate team... Oh wait, I would, especially when regarding his other regional teams.

A Pseudo-Legie who draws against a Slurpuff and loses to a Bisharp, after being gone rest of the season.
A "Mega-" slayer for a 10 second animation-error battle without context that means nothing. "Fairy-"slayer...okay, just like so many other of Ash's Pokémon who win despite type-disadvantage.
2 Pokémon that successfully *landed a hit

IIRC (haven't watched AG in years) Swellow couldn't even land a hit on Deoxys, and was quickly defeated.

And you are blatantly incorrect.

Yeah lol his Hoenn team. The last time we saw the Hoenn guys Torkoal and Swellow were one-shotted, while Sceptile did amazing. The team itself is strong, imo his 3rd strongest, but besides Sceptile and maybe Glalie, I can't see anyone giving much trouble to the Kalos Team

Yup, a PIS battle that goes against all consistency established in AG because these writers thought it was wise to cram a semifinal full battle into a single episode and had to rush to Pikachu v Latios. Nice defense mate.

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
1. Giving a good fight = / = elite. Swellow defeated Hariyama, then tanked a sandstorm and several 4X effective Rollouts and still defeated Donphan, and then cracked Metagross' armor. That is an elite performance.

2. So what if Mr. Big and Reliable is very young? Scraggy is also very young. Are we going to rank Scraggy in the upper echelon? 'Age' is such a relative concept in the anime too, especially when it comes to Pokémon.

How does Smogonbird have a better gym statistic? Is it fair to compare when Taillow was only used once (and not in the rematch) prior to evolution? Nor is it fair to compare a single-stage Taillow to a second-stage Fletchinder. When you do compare them when you should and when it matters, Swellow is even or slightly better in the gym statistic as well.

???

Swellow tanking Thunderbolts, which is the actual important part of the feat that everyone seems to forget, is 100% okay. They even foreshadowed that **** during Taillow's capture episode.

A Pseudo-Legie who draws against a Slurpuff and loses to a Bisharp, after being gone rest of the season.
A "Mega-" slayer for a 10 second animation-error battle without context that means nothing. "Fairy-"slayer...okay, just like so many other of Ash's Pokémon who win despite type-disadvantage.

Yup, a PIS battle that goes against all consistency established in AG because these writers thought it was wise to cram a semifinal full battle into a single episode and had to rush to Pikachu v Latios. Nice defense mate.

I'm right now too tired to answer all your points, but regarding Ash vs Tate/Liza, there is luckily someone who can for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwHu0R6O0Ng
He explains it starting at 9:50

Ah, and btw "mate", your beloved Swellow didn't lose bc of the writers, it lost because it used a Kamikaze attack on Luster Purge - which apparently is enough to knock it out. Defending Ash vs the twins and calling this battle PIS is just pure comedy.

Last edited:

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!

???

Thank You Maldread. I feel like people enjoy overrating this team because of promotonal material tat ended up being pointless in the long run

SebastiaanZ

Yeah I'm pretty upset and angry still with Ash's loss. Writers set him up perfectly to win it all and the ****ed up. I just can't think of how any other region after this will top the intensity and hype going into a league like Kalos did. We're pretty much always gonna have to assume for the worst. But if anything came out of this, it's me feeling that Ash won't ever win with just his normal regional teams. Remember when Ash told his team they were his best team? Nah well they wernt. At this point I don't see Ash coming this close ever again. However only way I see Ash winning at last his using his actual ultimate team that includes his reserves/powerhouses from past gens, which who knows if this will ever even happen. And no I wouldn't put goodra on that list, thing was awful in the league.. But seriously I'm still so sad that he lost and the feeling isn't gonna go away for a while..

Well a good solution would be to have the producers and writers be replaced for one. After the fiasco of last week, they cannot keep the same writers and producers IMO.
I know that won't happen. Like you I am pissed about it.

Navin

MALDREAD
Ah, and btw "mate", your beloved Swellow didn't lose bc of the writers, it lost because it used a Kamikaze attack on Luster Purge - which apparently is enough to knock it out. Defending Ash vs the twins and calling this battle PIS is just pure comedy.

Everyone acknowledges Thunder Armor itself - the act of Swellow's body becoming empowered in an asspull. However, tanking a barrage of Thunderbolts is a perfectly valid feat. Alain's Charizard X tanked Pikachu's Thunderbolt (the electricity dropped it to its knees) - is that BS now? What's comical is everyone saying "B-but T-Thunder Armor!" when it comes to Swellow, and ignoring the capture foreshadowing and the rest of Swellow's feats and how it actually supports the feat of tanking a barrage of Thunderbolts.

Swellow would have lost regardless to Latios. That's not the problem. The issue is how it was presented. With how Swellow was depicted in AG, it should have been able to tank a couple of hits/attacks/collisions and land two hits before falling. That at least fits with the consistency of being a juggernaut in AG - not the rushed PIS in what was presented. And it's funny you're using that as a negative point against Swellow, when any Pokémon sans 'Peakachu' would have lost to Latios.

Kazuki Mirai

I expect a regression like landing in the semi-finals for the next one but it'd be worse if he just stop at the quarter finals.

But considering how much reaction this garnered, the vids getting a massive dislike so much that they got disabled maybe they'll fix up on the status quo. I mean the Champion League was meant to lengthen the scale of Ash's journey if he did beat the League.

Last edited:

SebastiaanZ

I expect a regression like landing in the semi-finals for the next one but it'd be worse if he just stop at the quarter finals.

But considering how much reaction this garnered, the vids getting a massive dislike so much that they got disabled maybe they'll fix up on the status quo. I mean the Champion League was meant to lengthen the scale of Ash's journey if he did beat the League.

Would be pretty fun if they regressed him even further and not even have Ash get into the finals. XD
Lol at them disabling the Dislike button, guess they are sore losers.

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
Would be pretty fun if they regressed him even further and not even have Ash get into the finals. XD
Lol at them disabling the Dislike button, guess they are sore losers.

Yeah, and then more fans are going to make fun of Ash on how he could not win again.
The preview of XYZ39 on TV Tokyo's Channel now has over 60K dislikes. Now that's hilarious. I'll leave this link here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkDBCBiFsMs

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Yeah, and then more fans are going to make fun of Ash on how he could not win again.
The preview of XYZ39 on TV Tokyo's Channel now has over 60K dislikes. Now that's hilarious. I'll leave this link here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkDBCBiFsMs

I saw that too. It is both hilarious and stupid at the same time. One because this isn't the video to be doing that in and two because it's just a preview not and episode and yet people are butt hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.