• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How Can GhostTypeBuster Improve His Team?

GhostTypeBuster

Rocket Defector
I use this team In-Game and in WiFi battles, so I thought this would be the place to bring it.

EDIT: I recently reworked the team!

What should I do to improve this team? I'm hesitant to change Pokemon, but I can be convinced. I don't know the IV's and EV's, but I did remove everyone's EV's from Attack (Special Attack for Electivire and Charizard!) and trained to replace them with EV's in Special Attack (Attack for Electivire and Charizard!).

SPECIAL WALL Bold (+Def, -Atk) Empoleon Holding Leftovers
Surf, Ice Beam, Grass Knot, Toxic
Empoleon was my starter, chosen for his unique type combination. His Toxic/Leftovers combo work with his high HP as a little side-stalling he can do while he attacks.

SPECIAL SWEEPER Hasty (+Spd, -Def) Lucario Holding Scope Lens
Aura Sphere, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse
Lucario was given to me as an egg by Riley. I put her on my roster for her unique type combination. The Scope Lens is used to give a little more kick to her moves.

PHYSICAL SWEEPER Adamant (+Atk, -SpAtk) Electivire Holding Expert Belt
Earthquake, Cross Chop, ThunderPunch, Ice Punch
Electivire hails from PBR. Fresh out of the box with the perfect nature and move pool. The genius idea to use an expert belt came from this site's POTW. I think he's all set.

SPECIAL SWEEPER Hardy (No influence on stats) Mismagius Holding Wise Glasses
Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse, Energy Ball, Pain Split
Mismagius was originally my Colosseum Misdreavus. Shadow Ball and Pain Split seem like obvious keepers. I need a better idea for a held item.

SPECIAL SWEEPER Lonely (+Atk, - Def) Latios Holding Soul Dew
Dragon Pulse, Thunderbolt, Luster Purge, Calm Mind
Latios was from a friend's Ruby to my Sapphire back when Generation 3 was new. He was chosen for my team based on his (sing it with me now) unique type combination.

PHYSICAL SWEEPER Brave (+Atk, -Spd) Charizard Holding Life Orb
Flare Blitz, Fly, Earthquake, Swords Dance
This was originally Entei's spot on my team, until my brother pointed out that Charizard had a better type combination. I need to know if I'm off-point giving him a Life Orb to artificially lower his health and take advantage of his ability. I have recently decided to take advantage of his nature and fiddle with his EV's until he's a physical sweeper.

I'm open to and thankful for any suggestions!

Last edited:

dude2.0

Banned
1)Bold (+Def, -Atk) Empoleon Holding Leftovers
Surf, Ice Beam, Grass Knot (As soon as I have the TM!), Toxic
Empoleon was my starter, chosen for his unique type combination. His Toxic/Leftovers combo work with his high HP as a little side-stalling he can do while he attacks.

pretty, good, not much i can say here

Hasty (+Spd, -Def) Lucario Holding Scope Lens
Aura Sphere, Psychic, Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse
Lucario was given to me as an egg by Riley. I put her on my roster for her unique type combination. The Scope Lens is used to give a little more kick to her moves.

you sholud swich dragon and dark pulse with close combat (beacus its stonger and it gets same type bonus) and extreme speed (for when your about to fight someone whos faster than you

Adamant (+Atk, -SpAtk) Electivire Holding Expert Belt
Earthquake, Cross Chop, ThunderPunch, Ice Punch
Electivire hails from PBR. Fresh out of the box with the perfect nature and move pool. The genius idea to use an expert belt came from this site's POTW. I think he's all set.

you dont realy need ice punch, when you can kill ground types with earth quake, so switch it with either thunder (stonget thunder type move), giga impact for tight situations), or rain dance ( so you'll never miss with thunder type moves)

Hardy (No influence on stats) Mismagius Holding Wise Glasses
Thunder, Shadow Ball, Pain Split, Rain Dance
Mismagius was originally my Colosseum Misdreavus. Shadow Ball and Pain Split seem like obvious keepers. I need a better idea for a held item and possibly replacing Rain Dance and Thunder.

perfect, dont change it

Lonely (+Atk, - Def) Latios Holding Soul Dew
Dragon Pulse, Energy Ball, Luster Purge, Charge Beam
Latios was from a friend's Ruby to my Sapphire back when Generation 3 was new. He was chosen for my team based on his (sing it with me now) unique type combination. His move pool can be reworked.

get rid of energy ball, luster purge, and charge beam and get recover (a hp ful pokemon is a happy one :D), earth quake (why not :p) , and outrage/shadow ball ( outrage is stonger, but shadow ball could make ghost types go bye-bye :D)

Brave (+Atk, -Spd) Charizard Holding Life Orb
Solar Beam, Heat Wave, Fly, Sunny Day
This was originally Entei's spot on my team, until my brother pointed out that Charizard had a better type combination. I need to know if I'm off-point giving him a Life Orb to artificially lower his health and take advantage of his ability. Also, I might change his SunnyBeamer combo for two other moves. Heat Wave is a good middle ground between Flamethrower and Fire Blast. Fly has to stay on his move set, even though I trained him for Special Attack, because I use it in game. His nature means that I can still use it offensively if I ever have to.

ok, gt rid of heat wave, and get either fire blitz (for his brave nature), fire blast (trained his sp. attck), or blast burn(great for a finshing move :D), you might want to get rid of sunny day and solar baem, because you probly use solar beam to kill water types, right?
but once you think about it, you have to use sunny day, and by than it could be to late, so if you want to, change solar beam with earthquake (for thos pesky elceric and rock types you hate so :D), and change sunny day to roost (to heal those scrtches the life orb will do , and when your fighting a sweeper like Attack for Deoxys :D),

thats basicly it

GhostTypeBuster

Rocket Defector
LUCARIO - you sholud swich dragon and dark pulse with close combat (beacus its stonger and it gets same type bonus) and extreme speed (for when your about to fight someone whos faster than you
I'll take that into consideration.

ELECTIVIRE - you dont realy need ice punch, when you can kill ground types with earth quake, so switch it with either thunder (stonget thunder type move), giga impact for tight situations), or rain dance ( so you'll never miss with thunder type moves)
The Ice is for taking out Dragons.

Mismagius - perfect, dont change it
I actually think I need to change that ThunderDance Combo for two other moves... Maybe have him learn Power Gem in Platinum?

Latios - get rid of energy ball, luster purge, and charge beam and get recover (a hp ful pokemon is a happy one :D), earth quake (why not :p) , and outrage/shadow ball ( outrage is stonger, but shadow ball could make ghost types go bye-bye :D)
I don't know about that. I want to keep Luster Purge. Shadow Ball could be a good replacement for Energy Ball and I was considering replacing Charge Beam with Calm Mind.

Charizard - ok, gt rid of heat wave, and get either fire blitz (for his brave nature), fire blast (trained his sp. attck), or blast burn(great for a finshing move :D), you might want to get rid of sunny day and solar baem, because you probly use solar beam to kill water types, right?
but once you think about it, you have to use sunny day, and by than it could be to late, so if you want to, change solar beam with earthquake (for thos pesky elceric and rock types you hate so :D), and change sunny day to roost (to heal those scrtches the life orb will do , and when your fighting a sweeper like Attack for Deoxys :D),
I could turn him around and make him a physical attacker (Flare Blitz for Heat Wave), but I'd have to get rid of the SunnyBeam Combo. Earthquake isn't a bad idea, but it's not my favorite. I want to keep a grass move in there somewhere. Roost defeats the purpose of having Life Orb push his health down on purpose. Also, I'm banking on his Flying type granting immunity to Ground-types and Roost would remove it.

I'm grateful you actually took the time. Who else has an opinion?
EDIT: Being that I have enough EV-off berries, I'm going back to the EV well. How should I distribute this teams EVs?
EDIT2: Also, how do I attract the attention of one of those Official Serebii Team Raters?

Last edited: