• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How can I beat the E4?

OJG

r u not entertained
My team is Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno, Venasaur, Vaporeon and Marowak. They all are around level 50, but Venasaur is at 42 and Zapdos (my strongest) is at 53. I need to do some training but, where?

Train them using the VS SEEKER, and you can get that in the POKEMON CENTER IN VERMILION CITY and you must battle with a lot of people so you can train your Pokemon and beat the E4.

DSRGBA

wow youre elite 4 team is about the same as mine replace marowak with pidgeot and also youre levels were the same as mine then, but i didnt have to big a problem with the E4 then!

Mirai Mirai

rabid kitten
Make sure your Pokemon are at least passed level fifty.

I usually train at One Island---where that spa is.

OJG

r u not entertained
How did you beat them? Lapras really screwed me over in my first try, after Zapdos Thundered through them but Lapras just went straight through the whole team on her own. Once I beat the E4, I can't wait to be able to trade my Sapphire pokes over and make my dream team: Dewgong, Altaria, Arcanine, Umbreon, Steelix, and Gardevoir. Other's I will have in there will be Electabuzz, Dusclops, Masquerain, Dragonite, Hitmontop, Bayleef, Persian and Arbok.

I got some training to do. I'm doing little things like trading Golduck for Lickitung and getting the VS Seeker. I forgot my Dugtrio with Dig and I'm in Victory so I'm finding the entrance. Good training though.

Shadow Weavile, you can, i've done the Island 1-3 quest so far. I wish I had a friend who has LG and has completed it so he could trade me a Mewtwo or something to completely hammer them.

Last edited:

Munchlax3000

ooo, what's cooking?
Once you beat the E4 with 60 pokemon in ur pokedex, u can go to 4-7 island.
Aftr that, you may also get the 8-9 island events.
Best fill ur dex now so as soon as u beat um Proffeser oak cn see u.

Metroid_Sniper

Paresect=TehAwsemest
train a bit?

Shadow Weavile

Shinnoh Gymleader
Shadow Weavile, you can, i've done the Island 1-3 quest so far. I wish I had a friend who has LG and has completed it so he could trade me a Mewtwo or something to completely hammer them.
nuub i am talking `bout isle 4-5-6-7 not the 1-3 quest -.-

;201-s;;201-h;;201-a;;201-d;;201-o;;201-w;

Mini Minun

Twin Bolts of Light
Well, anyway, best strategy, short mode

Lorelei: Zapdos will decimize most of this group. with thunder and thunderbolt or whatever electric attack you happen to have
The second guy(Rock/Fighting): Vaporeon, Venusaur, Articuno, Zapdos. Zapdos i threw in for the Drill Peck attack, which should take care of any fighting types. The others you can take using Surf, Solar Beam, Blizzard/Ice Beam, whatever. Be sure not to get hit by a Rock attack when using Articuno, though.
Agatha: Marowak only, or Ground-type atks. They're all dual-poison. bring awakenings, though. If you had a fighting-type I'd suggest Foresight, then a solid fighting atk, as Gengars are pretty low in defense.
Lance: Articuno, Vaporeon(with Ice types). Zapdos for the Gyarados. Watch out for the Dragonite.
Gary: Zapdos for Pidgeot. I'm not sure about how you should take care of Alakazam. Dark types and ghost work, but I don't think you might have any of these atks on your pokemon. Rhydon: Strong Ice or water. Gyarados: Zapdos. Exeggutor: Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno (Drill peck/Fire/Ice). Charizard: Zapdos at a strong rock-type attack, like Rock Slide. You can learn it in that cave (the cave where there's Mankeys Geodudes, Onixes, etc. Or, the cave between Lavender town and Vermilion.). I still advise you against going, as Gary's P/Kmon are +lv.60.

OJG

r u not entertained
I went just for a go, and I won. Now getting some money for a Water Stone to evolve a Shellder to get the last one I need for my dex.

60 are needed for the Sevii Islands second part quest?

PokeFreak001

Queen of Ice
Lv. them by using the Vs seeker and get them to about Lv.58-65 and ull be sure to win

pachirisu_

love to hate!
i my firered i trained all my pokemon around lv.85 before challenging the elite four then those were in my team
porygon2lv.85
charizardlv.85
jolteon.lv73
umbreonlv.83
victreebelllv.78
venasaur lv.85

DRD

DarkRulerDaniel
Hey pachirisu, mind telling me how well that Porygon2 handles? I'd like one to battle with, but I wanna know how well it'll hold up in battle.

pachirisu_

love to hate!
well it did very good....i really cant explain anything more!

KuyashiGX

NOT KICK MY N*TS !!!
i my firered i trained all my pokemon around lv.85 before challenging the elite four then those were in my team
porygon2lv.85
charizardlv.85
jolteon.lv73
umbreonlv.83
victreebelllv.78
venasaur lv.85

You can`t had a P2 , because he`s from the 2th Gen.And you get that after you defeated the E4.

rynogt4

Your Worst Nightmare
I went just for a go, and I won. Now getting some money for a Water Stone to evolve a Shellder to get the last one I need for my dex.

60 are needed for the Sevii Islands second part quest?
Congrats. If you wanna tackle the E4 again, you need to train a lot more cuz they are stonger the second time around. I don't know everyone's individual Levels but they range from Lv. 63-75. Also there are some roster changes for each. If you wanna fight them again (and you will if you want fast Exp.) here's a list of their rosters and recommended type to use:

Lorelei
Recommended: Fighting
Dewgong
Cloyster
Piloswine (replacing Slowbro)
Jynx
Lapras

Bruno:
Recommended: Water/Fire, Flying
Steelix (evolved Onix)
Hitmmonchan
Hitmonlee
Steelix (evolved)
Machamp

Agatha:
Recommended: Psychic/Dark
Gengar
Crobat (evolved)
Misdreavus (replacing Haunter)
Arbok
Gengar

Lance:
Recommended: Electric/Rock, Ice/Dragon
Gyarados
Dragonite (evolved)
Kingdra (replacing Dragonair)
Aerodactyl
Dragonite

Rival:
Recommended: Fire, Water, Bug/Ghost/Dark, Electric/Rock
Heracross (replacing Pidgeot)
Tyranitar (replacing Rhydon)
Alakazam
Exeggutor
Gyarados
Arcanine
Fully-Evolved Starter (Lv. 75)

OJG

r u not entertained
I'm pretty happy now. I have my level 100 Altaria and Kyogre so they'll destroy the E4. Next task: Have a level 5 of EVERY chain possible. Will be very hard.