• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How can I convince my brother to watch Spirited Away with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, a bit of context.

My brother is slightly younger than me (I am 17, while he is 15, but he turns 16 in November). He is mainly into Marvel and Star Wars, but he also likes animated movies quite a lot, too. However, for whatever reason, he has never gotten into anime. Yeah, he watched Ponyo, Totoro, and a bit of Star Wars: Visions, but aside from that, nothing else.

As stellar as Spirited Away is, everytime I suggest it to him, he always says no. Perhaps I am kind of a jerk, because I feel like I am forcing it on him.

However, I really want to show him what a masterpiece of animation it is. Plus, with me going off to college next year, watching movies with my bro won't be as regular as it is.

So, people of the forums, I ask you this question: How can I convince my brother, who isn't much of an anime fan, to watch Spirited Away with me?

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Either just show it for a movie night without telling him, or just don't bother trying right now if he's not shown interest in it. You're better off convincing him to watch Princess Mononoke or Porco Rosso, or even Kiki's Delivery Service than Spirited Away.

But methinks you just need to show him something cooleo-awesome for him to sit and watch it such as the following:
jin-roh-the-wolf-brigade-1999-movie-poster_1805.jpg

28553l.jpg

Appleseed-2004-poster.jpg

Vampire-hunter-d-poster.jpg

51A512EZ5WL.jpg

Good luck.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
I don't know...tell him you're going off to college and want to watch this with him before you do? Or tell him it's Disney instead of anime /shrugs. Spirited Away was dubbed by Disney, so.

DrewHLMW

i'd tell him its disney too, since they were distributors its not technically wrong lol
or show him Ninja Scroll / Vampire Hunter D instead

Status
Not open for further replies.