• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How can I get an un-hosted website.

B

Blitzman

I need to know how to make an un-hosted website for my mom so she can make a good busness. It needs to be un-hosted so you can see it when you a search(like google).How do you get a page on the internet. any way i am starting to learn the HTML code and i know that you need to save it as a HTML like (serge.HTML).My main question is how do you get it on the net and it will look like this (serge.com).ok please help me err my mom.

chuboy

<- It was THIS big!
You need to get a domain name (search on google) however it will cost money. See your Internet provider and ask about domain name plans.

Once it's been uploaded you can submit it to google; just have a prod around the About Google page and see what I mean.

Dragonfree

Just me
You can't make an "un-hosted" website; you put a website on the Internet by getting it hosted in some way or another. It does not prevent the site from showing up when searching on Google; I don't know where you got that from.

To make a domain (something.com/net/org/whatever) you need to buy one.

B

Blitzman

Alchemist said:
Well... If you really wanted it un-hosted you would do well to buy a server.
what i am trying to say is to have a web site like (serge.com) not like this (some hosting site/serge.com)...i hope people understand what i am saying.and is sumiting to google or other eingines cost money.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can, but I think it'll also cost, depends on your ISP, sometimes, I'm not sure, but I have heard, some provide you some Webspace for free too (which is the domain). You can buy your own Webspace around the internet too : P

*$8-$12 a year?

lucky yous >_< Over here is super expensive, around $5-$30 dollars a month : P but it could be that I went into a *beepy* company, that's trying to rip people off...

Other way is, buy a server if you're really rich XP and you'll have almost unlimited bandwidth... (Some falls on that, but let's leave it before it gets complicated)

Last edited:

Virtual Headache

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Blitzman said:
so you have to call your ISP to get a domain right?
You can also get domains at other places.
People have been recommending Hellodomains.
I haven't tried it out myself though.
IGP: Net Wanderer said:
You can, but I think it'll also cost, depends on your ISP, sometimes, I'm not sure, but I have heard, some provide you some Webspace for free too (which is the domain). You can buy your own Webspace around the internet too : P

*$8-$12 a year?

lucky yous >_< Over here is super expensive, around $5-$30 dollars a month : P but it could be that I went into a *beepy* company, that's trying to rip people off...

Other way is, buy a server if you're really rich XP and you'll have almost unlimited bandwidth... (Some falls on that, but let's leave it before it gets complicated)
err, I was talking about domains only, not hosting.
That's why it might have looked that cheap to you^^

B

Blitzman

pika2000 said:
You can also get domains at other places.
People have been recommending Hellodomains.

thanks pika2000 this realy helps i will try the hellodomains or call my ISP i am going to find out what is cheaper ^_^