• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How can I protect my privacy?

mariopepper

It's became a common and very important question nowadays, don't you think so? Your thoughts? How can people protect their privacy in the internet or even outside? I would like to see new ways to solve it

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Keeping accounts private and not sharing their pictures or real life names/specific work companies online.

Or be a lurker rather than a member.

mariopepper

I used to think in this way too but I suppose it's mo longer possible not sharing their pictures or real life names/specific work companies online so people prefer simple using of Veepn or some kind of thers adds for their protection IMAO. Probably we should start think more about our privacy then about sharing photos with our ID to instagram etc.

mariopepper

The best way to protect your privacy is to not stand out. Currently, it's impossible to run targeted surveillance on every person. We're not at the level yet where AI can track each individual person.

The easiest way to maintain privacy tech-wise is to have administrator or root permissions on whatever device you use on the internet. This gives you the power to block things that might try to compromise your data.

It used to be that spyware was unauthorized, third-party intrusion. But now it's built into apps and the operating system itself. Google and Microsoft basically build their business models on spyware today.
the best advice I've seen - The best way to protect your privacy is to not stand out.. I should remember it

Dream Lad

Banned
If you use Google products and Facebook, chances are your privacy has already been compromised in some shape or form. I suppose if you use a reliable paid VPN while not logging into any identifiable accounts, you could be fine. Criminal activity and terrorism rely on the hidden Internet (Dark Web and encryption), so that's how they keep their "privacy" <--- even that too is curbed by FBI raids and cybersecurity. Therefore, there's no surefire privacy online. It's more about how much of yourself are you willing to put out there. If you're a normal human being, chances are nobody will care. Honestly, in today's day and age, what you put out on social media and messengers can be far more damaging than whatever random websites you lurk.

Last edited:

Deadeye

H(a)unting...
I heard someone managed to hack Tails recently. I wonder if Linux or Tails are so safe to use anymore... Windows hasn't been that for ages.