• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How can Journeys improve on its criticisms?

DawnKenny

I luv anime :)
Only 1 way, charecter development

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Just a suggestion but maybe Goh could actually fail at catching a Pokemon? He shouldn't be able to catch every Pokemon so easily. Maybe have him encounter the same specific Pokemon species for a couple of episodes and fails to catch it every time. Eventually he could catch it after learning from his previous failures.

As an example Dawn encountered two other Buneary before finally catching the one we know.

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I don’t have much of a problem with Go as most people but it’d really be nice if he actually went more in depth with catching. I know I’m far from the first person to suggest this but have him use different Pokéballs and moves like False Swipe & status conditions.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Uh...but he did fail? He couldn't catch a Dragonite/Dragonair. (or was it the other Pokemon in the ocean prior?)
He also failed at catching Zapdos and Galarian Farfetch'd.
...I'm not sure failing 3 times out of 100 is enough to make him believably flawed, especially on catching Pokemon that don't have him use his bunny much. Talk about spotting this one tiny bent piece of bark on an otherwise pristine tree.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I don’t have much of a problem with Go as most people but it’d really be nice if he actually went more in depth with catching. I know I’m far from the first person to suggest this but have him use different Pokéballs and moves like False Swipe & status conditions.
For that one, I remember he using Bellsprout sleep powder on the Magikarp he caught.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Just a suggestion but maybe Goh could actually fail at catching a Pokemon? He shouldn't be able to catch every Pokemon so easily. Maybe have him encounter the same specific Pokemon species for a couple of episodes and fails to catch it every time. Eventually he could catch it after learning from his previous failures.

As an example Dawn encountered two other Buneary before finally catching the one we know.
He's failed a bunch of times. None of them have shown up again.

Failing/ failing multiple times better be for something like Turtonator/ Zapdos, not Pidgey's/Caterpie's, which are the majority of his captures.

Still waiting for the Zapdos rematch.

Master Pikachu 11

For that one, I remember he using Bellsprout sleep powder on the Magikarp he caught.
He used Oddish, but yeah that was the only time that he had actually had a Pokémon use a move to catch another Pokémon otherwise he mostly just throws the ball and the Pokémon gets caught. He did battle Arctazolt but he didn’t battle it to catch it like Magikarp, but to calm it down.
Edit: he did use Cinderrace to catch Boldore and used Golurk for Aerodactyl, but hasn’t used his Pokémon that often

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
It was Oddish, not Bellsprout. He caught Bellsprout in the Grookey episode, over 20 episodes later after Oddish's capture.

Thanks. Can't believe I mixed those two. I guess it helps Bellsprout was a recent catch and aside from Charmander, Dratini and Pikachu lines*, I just don't really care for Kanto pokémon.

*maybe Eevee too but I kind of have a love-hate relationship with this critter.

Ryker101

The weird thing I find about this series is that a lot of stuff has happened so far but simultaneously not much has happened at all. Like we’re 60 episodes in and Ash has a full team, Goh has caught a bunch of pokemon, Chloe has become a trainer, Ash is near hyper class, Goh’s battled/caught legendaries, Ash has beat his rivals (well he drew with Bea), Goh has drastically improved as a trainer and the Darkest Day arc is done. But it feels kinda empty, if that makes sense?

I think it’s cause there hasn’t been much buildup to anything. Most arcs only have 3-4 episodes at max and are usually spaced out. Then of course a lot of progress happens offscreen (looking at you PWC) or just glossed over. Things start and end too quickly without much connection to prior events, to the point where it’s more of a string of events rather than a whole journey.

BlueLight

The complaint I have is that the lives of the lab assistants Chrysa and Ren are not much explored, sure they are just recurring characters who appear only in the beginning of most episodes.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
The weird thing I find about this series is that a lot of stuff has happened so far but simultaneously not much has happened at all. Like we’re 60 episodes in and Ash has a full team, Goh has caught a bunch of pokemon, Chloe has become a trainer, Ash is near hyper class, Goh’s battled/caught legendaries, Ash has beat his rivals (well he drew with Bea), Goh has drastically improved as a trainer and the Darkest Day arc is done. But it feels kinda empty, if that makes sense?

I think it’s cause there hasn’t been much buildup to anything. Most arcs only have 3-4 episodes at max and are usually spaced out. Then of course a lot of progress happens offscreen (looking at you PWC) or just glossed over. Things start and end too quickly without much connection to prior events, to the point where it’s more of a string of events rather than a whole journey.
Is owning a Pokemon without battling with it considered a trainer ? o.o

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
...I'm not sure failing 3 times out of 100 is enough to make him believably flawed, especially on catching Pokemon that don't have him use his bunny much. Talk about spotting this one tiny bent piece of bark on an otherwise pristine tree.
The person you went OLM at wished Goh would fail at catching a Pokemon which he did thrice.