• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How can pokemon "die"?

Yoshifan22

not a fan?
I've heard rumors about pokemon "dieing", instead of just fainting...

Like if a charizard's flame goes out, then bye bye birdy...
Does anyone know any other pokemom that can die?

Furret

Boulder Trainer
Did you see Pokemon Heroes? Latias is dead..
I think the wave drown it..
Maybe pokemon can drown but after all..Pokemon dont need to be realistic like other animes and RPG videogames

DawnKari

Contest Lover
Well,it's pretty obvious Pokemon can die,otherwise they wouldn't have the Pokemon Tower.

Chansey hunter

Expert Photoshopist
A few ways they can die:
Drowning
Old Age
Having their souls sucked out (tyvm shedinja...)
Team Rocket (reference to original pokemon tower)
Falling a long, long way down a pit.
If you put a bullet in them

Nidogod

Of course they can die, it's just that there's no need for it, and considering a large portion of the age demographic it might not be a good idea. Can you think of a single more memorable npc quote than the guy telling you about the baby Cubone whose mother was killed trying to escape Team Rocket?

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Here are a couple I can think of that weren't translated in the anime.

Spoink dies if it doesn't bounce.

Banette dies if it gets unzipped.

They can do this and live in the anime though. Pokemon's lives seem much more fragile according to their pokedex entries.

Chansey hunter

Expert Photoshopist
Also:
Slugma, if not in a hot place can harden completely (technically petrification, but they could technically die from hypothermia)
Charmander & evos die if their tail flame goes out
Shedinja if its shell gets cracked or shatters
Drifloon + Pin
Sharpedo if it stops moving
Absol if left in a village full of people who think its the one causing disasters
Probably cubone if it takes its skull helmet off
Forretress if its shell is somehow prised open
Onix if it falls apart
Banette dies if it gets unzipped.
honestly never knew about banette. Where'd you get that from?

Yoshifan22

not a fan?
If you guys say that they can "die of old age", then about how long can they live..?
I'd say about 65 years.

Yoshifan22

not a fan?
If you guys say that they can "die of old age", then about how long can they live..?
I'd say about 65 years.

Yoshifan22

not a fan?
I'd say about 65 years.

Emperor Giratina

Car Racing Pundit
Cubone's mothers die too as it is said in Cubone Pokedex entry.

@ Chansey hunter: A Bannete dies when the zipper on its mouth gets unzipped and the cursed energy which lies inside it escapes and therefore, the Bannete reverts back to a discarded plush doll.

Last edited: