• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How can pokemon make secondary characters better?

• Thread starter Deleted member 384931
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 384931

I know this is the first time they do this kind of thing, but how would you make Chloe, Cerise and the assistants better characters? Please dont answer with "appear more". How would you make them less one dimensional?

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
Just don't let them be forgotten after their debut series. For example, Gary was really good in DP. Same applies for Cynthia, Alexa, Korrina, Jasmine and Clair. Also give them a short backstory and reason for their appearance. That's pretty much it.

Sham

The Guardian of War
The backstory also has to be decent because if not you get characters like Guzma who kinda just had a backstory slapped on him that was barely dug into.

DatsRight

I think Kiawe and Sophocles were also good examples of characters that bounced off of Ash great (and Lillie when they gave her more focus). Since they had key differences and niches that contrasted Ash completely, good or bad, and yet there was still some fun mutual ground and camaraderie with them. They were also good at intertwining their development together according to one another's strengths and flaws. Sophocles' episodes were always good in keeping the three man dynamic relevant for example, while I think a lot of other companions struggle to have an agenda that lets them be the centre piece without sitting everyone else out.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I know this is the first time they do this kind of thing, but how would you make Chloe, Cerise and the assistants better characters? Please dont answer with "appear more". How would you make them less one dimensional?
Make them proactive, including battles and interesting activities, interact with people or Pokemons more. Just don't give all these priviliges to Ash, because of his main character status.

Applecorp

More character interactions between popular characters and the not so popular characters would help. Like have Prof. Cerise join Ash and Goh on a couple adventures.

Maybe have Chloe and Ash get stuck together in the wilderness without Goh as a buffer between them so they can talk to each other more too.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Applecorp said:
Maybe have Chloe and Ash get stuck together in the wilderness without Goh as a buffer between them so they can talk to each other more too.

I've been waiting for a scenario like this, because it seems like the easiest way to get Koharu and Satoshi to become real friends rather than just minor acquaintances who share a common friend.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
But she's been showing up a lot more lately. It's a start...?

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I've been waiting for a scenario like this, because it seems like the easiest way to get Koharu and Satoshi to become real friends rather than just minor acquaintances who share a common friend.

They could have easily forced this in PJ020 by just having her dad tell her she had to go with Ash's group not Goh's group. smh