• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How Can That Pokemon Have That Level-Up Move???

Status
Not open for further replies.

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
Floored! said:
Here is a list of Pokes who use earthquake and "never touch the ground": Gyrados Aerodactyl Mew* Forretress Steelix Mantine Ho-oh* Wailmer Wailord Glalie Metang Latias Latios Rayquaza
* = Questionable

Just because something flies doesn't mean it never touches the ground. So, Aerodactyl, Mew, Mantine, Ho-Oh, Lati@s and Rayquaza are easily explained there. Rayquaza may apparently live in the ozone layer but if it needs to touch the ground, I'm more than certain it can land.

As for the water types, there are such things as underwater earthquakes. Besides, what if there's a battle in a completely landlocked area?

How the hell do Forretress and Steelix never touch the ground?

So, we're left with Glalie and Metang. They may both be shown to levitate but much like Rayquaza, they can land if they want/need to...

RaikousThunder

Poison Tail!!
Why do people wonder why pokemon learn tms? Or how? Whatever. Would you rather them not be able to learn different types of moves so they get boring? Since this is a Level Up Move thread whats all this complainging about TMs for? TMs are taught to a pokemon so its different from them learning them on their own. In the case of Anime moves a lot of pokemon are shown how to use a TM move before they learn it. But there are a few TM moves that shouldnt be taught to some of the pokemon such as Aerial Ace and Solarbeam. Normal Water pokemon shouldnt have Fire moves but Dragon like ones like Gyarados i can see them doing it.

A few pages back someone said something about Kabuto learning Absorb. I believe its been said in the anime or where ever else the Kabuto/Kabutops drained the energy of prey by sucking out their fluids. Leech Life, Absorb, Mega Dragin and Giga Drain are moves that do such things. How does Treecko Absorb opponents energy? How can Bulbasaur use Razor Leaf or Magical Leaf when it has no leaves? Charmander with Meta Claw? I can see it use Scratch since its got teenty pointed fingers but not Metal Claw.

Butterfree, Beedrill, Dustox and Beauifly only have Harden because their pre evos had it. What are they suppose to do? Delete moes as soon as a pokemon evolves? In the anime it pretty much forgets about Harden and in the game people will most likely get rid of it.

Bounce on Ponyta and Rapidash isnt the surprising. Horses can Bounce. I think more pokemon should learn this move since it doesnt seem to involve much effort. Its just a variation of Fly. Speaking of Fly Salamence can learn it which isnt surprising as some pokemon learn TM moves through level up and they decided to give Salamence an HM.Also since Bagon wanted to Fly so badly maybe thats why they gave it that move as a level up. Someone mentioned Makuhita and Whirlwind. How about it inhales deeply and exhales hard. Ash's Bulbasaur used it sometimes like that. Could Bulbsaur even learn that move? How does Kecleon use Ancient Power?

I also saw someone mention Nosepass and its eclectric attacks. Nosepass is a Compass and has magnetic pulses throughout its body therefore it can use Electric attacks. Sometimes gamefreak does think through on what pokemon get which attacks.

And well thats all i got to say.

Puffs

...NINE-THOUSAND!!!!
Even on the anime, I don't think I've seen Gligar actually stand on it's puny legs. I was referring to pokemon that actually fly, and pokemon that levitate on the anime. Not the 3D models.

So Forretress, Wailmer/Wailord, Steelix, & Mantine can still use Earthquake sensibly because they're on the ground(if not underwater).

C

Carpetted!

Just because something flies doesn't mean it never touches the ground. So, Aerodactyl, Mew, Mantine, Ho-Oh, Lati@s and Rayquaza are easily explained there. Rayquaza may apparently live in the ozone layer but if it needs to touch the ground, I'm more than certain it can land.
They never touch the ground in the 3-d Pokemon games (I think) when using earthquake
As for the water types, there are such things as underwater earthquakes. Besides, what if there's a battle in a completely landlocked area?
I can refer back to the 3-d pokemon games on this also
How the hell do Forretress and Steelix never touch the ground?
They... just sort of hover
So, we're left with Glalie and Metang. They may both be shown to levitate but much like Rayquaza, they can land if they want/need to...
Can land, but they don't land
Even on the anime, I don't think I've seen Gligar actually stand on it's puny legs. I was referring to pokemon that actually fly, and pokemon that levitate on the anime. Not the 3D models.
Fair enough.

And just to add to my point, I have thought up some more pokemon like this: Sharpedo Lunatone Solrock Barbroach Whiscash Baltoy Claydol Relicanth Kyogre

RaikousThunder

Poison Tail!!
Flygon Prince said:

So Forretress, Wailmer/Wailord, Steelix, & Mantine can still use Earthquake sensibly because they're on the ground(if not underwater).
Gligar stood on his legs in the anime. The first ep he appeared, the Gligarman ep, Gligar stood on its legs in a tree and did his little stance. He also landed on various other things.

Prelude

Prelude
Larvitar is one of the only first-evolution Pokemon that can learn Hyper Beam.
And how does Remoraid learn Psybeam???

Another Fan

Nothing Special
It learns it because remoraid is a shooting pokemon based on the archerfish therefore they gave both it and octillery moves that are in relation to shooting in some way. That is why it learns psybeam. Because it contains the word beam in it like the many other beams it learns.

PUrEHearT

Hyper Coordinator
moves remoraid learns

bubble beam
psybeam
ice beam
aurora beam

see the connection? all of them ends with beam

rock blast
shooting related

flamethrower
a fire blasting gun thingie

octozooka
an octopus's type of bazooka

Dunsparce

PUrEHearT said:
moves remoraid learns

bubble beam
psybeam
ice beam
aurora beam

see the connection? all of them ends with beam

rock blast
shooting related

flamethrower
a fire blasting gun thingie

octozooka
an octopus's type of bazooka

AURORA BEAM = Aurora Beam
BUBBLEBEAM = Bubble Beam
HYPER BEAM = Destruction beam
OCTAZOOKA = Okutan Cannon
ICE BEAM = Freezing Beam
PSYBEAM = Psychic Beam
FLAMETHROWER = Flame Thrower

Correct

C

+Chaos Blade+

How the hell can Golduck learn Psychic through breeding and not through TM? It's still Psychic!

Also, how can Feebas learn other moves, even if its stats are the same [or nearly similar] to that of Magikarp? What the hell?

+Chaos Blade+

LBB

suw00p
the only reason octillery learns those moves is because hes an artillery
ahemm octillery = octopus + artillery

staying on topic

in gameshark u can have entei with water gun
wierd thing is groudon using a grass type move
aggron surf
regi's with zap cannon
dig/dug slash
shedinja/ninjask dig (i think is wierd) the only way to get Shedinja/Ninjask dig is evolve nincada at level 45

off topic:
i know where talking about wierd poke + move thing but
is that one glitch fixed (sorry i never tried it ) flying type (like charizard) used dig you use earthquake doesnt effect foe charizard

on topic:
+Chaos Blade+ said:
How the hell can Golduck learn Psychic through breeding and not through TM? It's still Psychic!

Also, how can Feebas learn other moves, even if its stats are the same [or nearly similar] to that of Magikarp? What the hell?

+Chaos Blade+

it can learn those moves so you can evolve it in a contest u know right max beauty and win all contest or something along those lines

Last edited:

Dunsparce

LuGiA_bLaStOiSe said:
the only reason octillery learns those moves is because hes an artillery
ahemm octillery = octopus + artillery

That's NOT why. NEVER BASE THE PROPERTIES OF A POKEMON ON THEIR ENGLISH NAMES -_-;

Status
Not open for further replies.