• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How can you tell if a pokemon card is fake or not?

TanBun

I'm back :3
It is delta Species. This are my weird cards:
Fighting-type shiny blastoise, Delta Species
Poison-type Treecko, Delta species
Electric-type Kabuto, Delta species
Electric-type Mewtwo, Delta species
Grass-type Gulpin, ???
Shiny-grass type Swalot, Crystal Guardians
and Shiny-normal type Igglybuff, Crystal Guardians

Seen the Delta Species Cards all have the wrong type, i think they are fake. Are they?

Roy9

Sinnoh Master
It is delta Species. This are my weird cards:
Fighting-type shiny blastoise, Delta Species
Poison-type Treecko, Delta species
Electric-type Kabuto, Delta species
Electric-type Mewtwo, Delta species
Grass-type Gulpin, ???
Shiny-grass type Swalot, Crystal Guardians
and Shiny-normal type Igglybuff, Crystal Guardians

Seen the Delta Species Cards all have the wrong type, i think they are fake. Are they?
No, Delta Species are real.

Sorry for making this discussion in the wrong thread!

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
I'd like to do a small guide on how to tell the difference between fakes and real pokemon cards (Mainly because alot of people are giving terrible advice as is, just keep things simple folks, what helps you tell fakes for others doesn't help for pokemon cards).

1. Text: pokemon has a specialty type text which is hard to manipulate professionally (hence why they use it) making this the number 1 tip off
2. Energy:if it looks larger or smaller or a different colour
3. Paint: just look at the paint quaility between real pokemon cards and fakes, backs of pokemon cards are the greatest tip offs in telling the difference between the high grade fakes and the real deal.
4. Small details: such as weakness, resistance, where things are placed on the card, and it's relativity to size, even if a miss print pokemon card has things jumbled up, everything is to detail in a sense, that's the real difference in telling the difference between the real thing and the fakes.

Last edited: