• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How can you transfer Pokemon from a gen 3 game to a gen 7 game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTypeStarter

If you have a gen 3 game, how can you transfer a Pokemon to a gen 4 game, then to a gen 5 game, to a gen 6 game, and to a gen 7 game? What is each step you must take it complete the transfer? I think it is easy to get to gen 4 but 5 and 6 are harder. So what process would you use assuming you have no internet access on any of your consoles? And must rely on the old fashioned way of using signals of nearby console?

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
If you have no internet access you can't transfer further up from gen 5, it has to go through Bank from there on.

BCVM22

None of the transfers from Generations III up through V needed Internet access, but you'd lose functionality past that. To get out of Generation V, you'd need Internet access from the DS to use the Poké Transporter app to get your Pokémon uploaded to the Bank cloud. There's no other means of getting Pokémon out of a Generation V title other than Transporter.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
If Nintendo were to shut down Bank, you would not be able to transfer at all?
Yes, once Bank goes down you won't be able to transfer up at all anymore.

One thing to note though, is that unlike the DS servers, Nintendo and TPCi own Bank/Home/3DS servers. I don't think we know the extent but there is some overlap as we learned recently with Nintendo helping out on HOME. So it's unlikely that this functionality will be lost any time soon.

The big question will be if the 3DS will be able to access Bank without needing to first connect to a Nintendo server.

Espeonite

OMG I hope they dont close bank, still working my way up to gen 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and want to tranfer my ace pokemon.
Currently I am at Gen 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.