• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How come the writers never explored Snivy's background?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD

It seems like she left her old trainer I wish they would have explored that a bit I'd rather learn about that then some of the fillers we have gotten.

Janovy

Banned
I agree. It would have been nice if we met her original trainer and found out her backstory, but I guess the writers wanted to keep it a mystery.

JD

I agree. It would have been nice if we met her original trainer and found out her backstory, but I guess the writers wanted to keep it a mystery.

I wanted the writers to have that trainer reappear defeat Ash and have Snivy consider joining him/her again which would force Ash to regain Snivy's respect.

Acdog

Was it ever fully confirmed that Ash's Snivy left a trainer and wasn't wild?

JD

Cilan and Iris suggested that she did. Later on in the Croconaw and Pirates episode she said that she had no time for loser trainers or something like that according to Meowth.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well you have to remember that this is BW we're talking about. Anything that would have been remotely interesting was ignored imo. In my personal opinion though, I'm not that upset that Snivy's background wasn't explored fully. I mean if I'm being honest I thought it was reductive that Snivy had a previous trainer since Ash's Tepig had a similar background.

adamfitz

poké-lover

Iris and cilan took a guess saying that she may have left her trainer after feeling it was unworthy
I would like her background explored
Like JD has said I would like them to come across her old trainer and ultimately snivy grow more respect and love for ash

I see her story as a reversal tepig

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
I guess it's kinda fitting they never revealed her full story.

Snivy always was and will remain a mystery. xD

JD

I guess it's kinda fitting they never revealed her full story.

Snivy always was and will remain a mystery. xD

I wish she had more wins it would have made her cooler.

Well you have to remember that this is BW we're talking about. Anything that would have been remotely interesting was ignored imo. In my personal opinion though, I'm not that upset that Snivy's background wasn't explored fully. I mean if I'm being honest I thought it was reductive that Snivy had a previous trainer since Ash's Tepig had a similar background.

I agree. They never explored Cilan's fear of Purrloin as well.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
It seems like she left her old trainer I wish they would have explored that a bit. I'd rather learn about that then some of the fillers we have gotten.

Good question.

Cilan and Iris suggested that she did. Later on in the Croconaw and Pirates episode she said that she had no time for loser trainers or something like that according to Meowth.

And she still stayed with Ash? o.0

Tepig's trainer was abusive, while Snivy's proposed trainer was suckier then Ash. We should've at least have had an episode in which Snivy was asking questions on WHY SHE WASN'T GETTING USED: TWO GYMS - ONE EASY WIN, ONE BLATANT LOSS.

If I were her, I'd left Ash as soon as I had the chance, like that Bouffalant episode.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
It seems like she left her old trainer I wish they would have explored that a bit I'd rather learn about that then some of the fillers we have gotten.

There was not much to explore, she seemed like she dealt with it, she didnt' have any drama like Tepig, trainer was doing sometihng bad and she just left her, since she cares for the others well being I can see the trainer being agressive to her, she actually had some courage and left him/her instead.

She just seems like a pretty mature pokemon even move wise at the point she was captured, she showed that through the entire region, I always though if a trainer had to appear Tepig would make more sense since he had the trauma because of his trainer abondoning him not the other way around.

Janovy

Banned
The fact she seemed surprised by how Ash treated his Pokémon with care makes me wonder how her ex-trainer treated her.

Was he simply weak? Or did he treat her bad too? Perhaps he was too weak but blamed his Pokémon instead?

Last edited:

JD

Like Janovy said she was probably surprised by the way Ash treated his Pokemon she had respect for his Pokemon too that's probably why she decided to stick around.

She just seems like a pretty mature pokemon even move wise at the point she was captured, she showed that through the entire region, I always though if a trainer had to appear Tepig would make more sense since he had the trauma because of his trainer abondoning him not the other way around.

The thing is we have already had Tepig's story so many times it was just boring.. I kind of liked Suwama though I wish he appeared a few more times like at the league or something.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
The fact she seemed positively surprised by how Ash treated his Pokémon with care makes me wonder how her ex-trainer treated her.

Was he simply weak? Or did he treat her bad too? Perhaps he was too weak but blamed his Pokémon instead?

Exactly the other trainer probably didn't treat her well that was the problem.

Seeing the episode I have her, she tells the pirates " You can leave a useless trainer on your own", basicly saying you don't have to be abused if the trainer is bad to you you leave him/her instead of waiting for him/her to dump you or hurt you even more.

Kinda like the guy/girl that gets abused by the girlfriend/boyfriend and doesn't tell anyone instead of others that just stand up for themselves.

The thing is we have already had Tepig's story so many times it was just boring.. I kind of liked Suwama though I wish he appeared a few more times like at the league or something.

I guess they like to make the kids experience the same thing the others generations of kids experience and use the fire starter for that purpose lol, I didn't find it boring since I like Tepig shy personality and yeah I liked Suwama and it wasn't touched that much, he was just always depressed when losing for letting SAtoshi down and then we finally got the Suwama episode that was pretty good.

Last edited:

Everlasting

Everything stays.
The fact she seemed surprised by how Ash treated his Pokémon with care makes me wonder how her ex-trainer treated her.

I think saying her trainer was weak is only what she says to defend herself. Snivy's considered as a tough Pokémon, like the one who never cries, so I guess she could say her trainer was too weak just to hide what she really experienced. Snivy hasn't left Ash because she needs love, not a good trainer.
Snivy's a good Pokémon, my favorite of all Ash's Unova team, mainly because of all the mysteries her story hides. Maybe they purposely left that behind so she could make a brilliant come back, but I'm still not convinced. I think Snivy's chapter's done, saddly.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
She called the trainer useless not weak, she can call it useless for many reasons, like I said due to her protective/mother like personality I'm sure the trainer was abusive like Tepig.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I just spilled coffee on my blouse laughing at this. I'm howling. But in Snivy's defense, she seems to like the way Ash treats her. I mean he relies on her more often than not. She has it good compared to some of his other Pokemon imo. She probably thinks highly of Ash because even though he may lose often, at least he gets up and tries again when he fails. That's worth respecting in my opinion.

Janovy

Banned
I think saying her trainer was weak is only what she says to defend herself. Snivy's considered as a tough Pokémon, like the one who never cries, so I guess she could say her trainer was too weak just to hide what she really experienced. Snivy hasn't left Ash because she needs love, not a good trainer.
Snivy's a good Pokémon, my favorite of all Ash's Unova team, mainly because of all the mysteries her story hides. Maybe they purposely left that behind so she could make a brilliant come back, but I'm still not convinced. I think Snivy's chapter's done, saddly.
That's a good explanation. Snivy wanting to be cared about but not admitting it because it would make her look weaker and not as tough fits her character perfectly. She didn't join Ash because he was a strong trainer, but because he cared. Heh.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
She called the trainer useless not weak, she can call it useless for many reasons, like I said due to her protective/mother like personality I'm sure the trainer was abusive like Tepig.

I still think she left her trainer by her own because her trainer was abusive, not because it was weak/useless. She's just hiding this side of the story because, like I said, she's tough. She doesn't want to look weak, maybe.
That's a good explanation. Snivy wanting to be cared about but not admitting it because it would make her look weaker and not as tough fits her character perfectly. She didn't join Ash because he was a strong trainer, but because he cared. Heh.
Yep, that's correct. I think it was made that way. Unfortunately, they completely forgot about Snivy's story. Too bad, that would have been a good plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.