• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How come there is a strong lack of quality "Pokemon clones" to this date?

Orphalesion

I'd say her "chest plate" and forearms resemble armour while she embodies or of an "it's not over till the fat lady sings" type of stereotypical viking which is sometimes depicted with long flowy blonde hair rather than the pigtails mentioned. As for this frozen viking princess story, I've never heard of it...? Which is weird since I've been using forums since the early 2000s and Jynx has always been one of my favourite pokemon.

It's was something in the early 2000s when people tried to find excuses for Jynx' design somebody made up a story about a Viking princess trapped in eyes with blonde hair and skin blackened from frostbite. It was nonsense. It disappeared again, but very rarely pops up again now and then.

buskalilly

Monster Hunter isn't exactly a good series to be compared with Pokemon, in my opinion. Aside from the "look for monsters" part, the two series are, at their core, not similar at all. . . Monster Hunter Stories is the first and so far the only time Monster Hunter actually takes a more Pokemon-like approach, and is also the only one to have child protagonists.

Maybe I was unclear? I didn't mean to say MonHan OVERALL is a Pokemon Clone. That said, I think it is fair to say Monster Hunter Stories itself is something of a Poke-clone, but it had an advantage over other games because it takes the excellent creature design from the core games.

Orphalesion

Anybody ever heard of Dragon Quest Monsters?

Apparently a Pokemon Clone from the Game Boy Colour era featuring enemies from the classic Dragon Quest games....

I tried it for a bit... it's like a dungeon crawler and you have a team three monsters that all battle at the same time in turn based battles like Pokemon, and you can also breed those monsters with each other and they produce new creatures, but if you do, you lose the parents and there seems to be no way of telling what the offspring will be like before hand. I crossed a floating jellyfish and a badger thing, and somehow that gave me a unicorn.
Way to many monsters based on slimes... And the dungeons seemed fairly challenging.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
Anybody ever heard of Dragon Quest Monsters?

Apparently a Pokemon Clone from the Game Boy Colour era featuring enemies from the classic Dragon Quest games....

I tried it for a bit... it's like a dungeon crawler and you have a team three monsters that all battle at the same time in turn based battles like Pokemon, and you can also breed those monsters with each other and they produce new creatures, but if you do, you lose the parents and there seems to be no way of telling what the offspring will be like before hand. I crossed a floating jellyfish and a badger thing, and somehow that gave me a unicorn.
Way to many monsters based on slimes... And the dungeons seemed fairly challenging.

I've got it, though I haven't played much. My friend had one of the DS sequels and really liked it, so might be worth getting into.