• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How could Tobias be reintroduced to the plot?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Takuto was clearly a plot device to get Satoshi to lose at the Shinou League, although I do think that he should've been fleshed out more and given some exposition. It could've cushioned the impact of Satoshi's loss a little.

MattySadler

Just turn up.

Izanagi777

Well, i thought the only time he can get back into the anime is when they introduce the "champions league" where all champions from all region compete against each other.. I can't really see him become the villain, given that he himself isn't actually an antagonist or evil..

jrizza88

Meteorite
Well, i thought the only time he can get back into the anime is when they introduce the "champions league" where all champions from all region compete against each other.. I can't really see him become the villain, given that he himself isn't actually an antagonist or evil..

It would be cool to see Tobias be the one to beat, and likely one of the last opponents. I think with Z moves, Ash-Greninja and hopefully a mega along with 3 of Ash's strongest would do justice against a Tobias.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
They could do a Generations type of show. They don't need to be like Chronicles, but I think Generations-type show can get the point across.

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
Us knowing about him beforehand wouldn't have changed much, though. Ash still would've lost. :c

O-Kay...? People should've stopped expecting Ash to win a loooooooooong time ago...

The question was how he could be reintroduced to the plot not how would Ash win. And having Tobias mentioned is literally all they had to do to make it believable.

Ash-Pikachu

If Tobias was introduced after Ash won the Sinnoh League to convey to him that he still had a long way to go towards being a Pokémon Master. Would've been a more insightful and meaningful experience for the audience and would've added more character development for Ash as well.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
So never? Because at this rate we'll never see that event since Ash can't even win a League.

At this point I wonder if anyone here will even live long enough to see him win a league

Pikachu52

I wouldn't preferably - as many have pointed out here his characterisation is thin and exists mostly to knock Ash out the leauge in an almost insulting way.

That lack of development does leave open almost endless possibilities. If he were to come back, the question as to how he got those two legnedaries and what other Pokémon he's got would need to be answered.

I prefer a darker explanation role. He should be involved with villians of some description or have caught the legenaries through some unfair means.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I prefer the one where we don't make the character we don't like into the villain. I've seen enough of that in shipping wars and frankly all are terrible at worst and bland at best.

MasterTobias

Have him appear randomly next time ash is close to win the league with his Mega Lations,Tobias-Darkrai and his 4 magikarps.

Swordsman4

By reintroducing him as the next league finals opponent and once again serving as a troll.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I see him challenging the Ultra Beasts and perhaps the Tapu. But UBs definitely since they are stronger than normal Pokémon but not quite as powerful as th Legendary and Mythical ones. Darkrai vs Celesteela would be interesting to see.

ThePokemonmaster11

By reintroducing him as the next league finals opponent and once again serving as a troll.

The heck is wrong with you?! That's a terrible idea.

If Tobias ever reappeared he would make a fantastic rival. His calm, mature personality serves as a foil to Ash and would make a good mentor type rival.