• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How did Misty's sisters get so incompetent all of a sudden??

Status
Not open for further replies.

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
Back when Ash first headed to Misty's Gym, her sisters were shown to be incompetent...at first. The next time they appeared, a few Pokemon in there were evolved. They seemed to be perfectly capable of taking care of the gym without Misty, and each time we heard more about them, it was about how great they were (one COTD (Dorian) even admitted they were hard to beat. Then in Gotta Catch Ya Later, they suddenly go on a vacation, leaving Misty stuck there forever, and in Chronicles, they were suddenly completely incompetent.

How did they go from that...to this?

~marioluigifan05

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
What on earth are you talking about? Right in their first episode they didn't even want to battle Ash and were giving him a badge for free.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
They seemed incompetent since the 1st episode they appeared in if I remember correctly XD

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
What on earth are you talking about? Right in their first episode they didn't even want to battle Ash and were giving him a badge for free.

Sorry, I messed up in my original post a few times, see my edited post.
~marioluigifan05

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The only time I even remember Daisy battling in the show was with Luvdisc in one of the specials.

Misty's sisters were never shown to be battlers.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
It seemed more like they were capable of battling but completely disinterested in Pokemon Training.

Sure they could technically take care of Pokemon, Battle, and Maintain the Gym but they didn't really want to which was why they were more then happy to dump the Gym on their Pokemon-loving Little Sister.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Misty's sisters were always terrible, unless you're talking about the gym Misty as a trainer was portrayed as average most of her run. Her Poliwhirl was obviously her strongest then Corsola was okay/good, everything else was pretty average to weak.

Also, we don't know if Misty's sisters evolved those Pokemon by their own merits either.

pokemon fan 132

In reality Daisy, Lily and Violet were always portrayed as carefree, incompetent trainers not caring much about taking care of gym, training pokemon or following procedure.

They were successful in performances, underwater ballet etc achieving big popularity being famous but in battling they never really showed much interest neglecting their chores.

Than when opportunity arise they decided to slip away from gym responsibilities and force Misty to go back interrupting her quest of becoming water master. Even when she cam back they still never helped her much with Misty being frustrated with their irresponsibility.

Although out of three at least Daisy spend some time with her at gym helping out, and she was the only one who showed somewhat of interest in battling if Luvdisc episode was anything to go by having potential to become decent substitute one day if Misty leaves gym. Which isn't too farfetched to expect given her desires were always to be something more always striving to become strongest water trainer in world being of adventurous spirit. Judging by Gold and Silver it seems same line of thought can be applied to game counterpart too which expressed desire of going on journey to become stronger.

Misty's sisters were always terrible, unless you're talking about the gym Misty as a trainer was portrayed as average most of her run. Her Poliwhirl was obviously her strongest then Corsola was okay/good, everything else was pretty average to weak.

In your opinion anyway. From what was showed Misty was actually pretty skilled trainer having several noteworthy achievements if you ask me and aside from Politoad and Corsola, Staryu, Gyarados and to some extent Luvdisc were either strong or pretty good. On Psyduck i cannot comment because he can be both useless and powerhouse depending on circumstances.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I don't think the Gym was ever known for being a battle Gym. More people went to the Cerulean Gym to see the water ballet shows rather than to battle.

Maetch

Seeing as how Kanto in the anime had so many different Gyms with Badges (as proven by Gary) as opposed to only the 8 from the games, the Sisters probably figured they could get away with their apathetic management style since there were plenty of other places Trainers could get a Badge from.

*~Silver*~

Exactly. They always seemed a bit like air-heads to me. They didn't want to battle him, so they actually had Misty do it. I'm not surprised they just left her with the gym at all.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Back when Ash first headed to Misty's Gym, her sisters were shown to be incompetent...at first. The next time they appeared, a few Pokemon in there were evolved. They seemed to be perfectly capable of taking care of the gym without Misty, and each time we heard more about them, it was about how great they were (one COTD (Dorian) even admitted they were hard to beat. Then in Gotta Catch Ya Later, they suddenly go on a vacation, leaving Misty stuck there forever, and in Chronicles, they were suddenly completely incompetent.

How did they go from that...to this?

~marioluigifan05

Where were you when they first showed Misty's sisters? They were always incompetent. They were, I mean basically gave the cascade badge away to Ash without letting him finish his battle properly. If you were expecting them to be like Cilan's brothers, then you're thinking in the wrong generation.

Last edited:

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
I just starting watching the first season a few days ago, so the Cerulean gym is still fresh in my mind. The only competence I've seen is their synchronized swimming. Aside from that, all I saw was 3 characters portrayed as air heads, trying to give away their gym badge because they were too lazy to have a battle with Ash. Misty stepped up and refused to let Ash take the badge without a battle.

IMO, I see them being portrayed as lazy instead of incompetent.

Blessed

As a very convenient plot device in order to get rid of Misty from the show & make room for May. (unfortunetly)

Status
Not open for further replies.