1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

How did the anime manage to give Team Galactic a completely different strategy from the games?

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by McKnight, Sep 25, 2018.

1. McKnight

McKnight Active Member

I know I brought this up before, but instead of asking if anyone can come up with a different strategy for Team Galactic, what I should probably ask is:

How did the anime itself manage to change its overall strategy around from the games?

I mean, Team Galactic had nothing originally to do with Solaceon Ruins, and while you do fight several grunts inside Iron Island, that wasn't where they originally obtained the Red Chain, nor was it forged from the meteorites in Veilstone City. They also had to raid a museum each in Eterna City and Celestic Town, neither town which had a museum to begin with. The Spear Key originates as some kind of cube, and then is used to locate Spear Pillar. And for whatever reason, the lake guardians are tackled after the Red Chain is forged.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Team_Galactic#In_the_main_series

How did the writers think that whole thing up?

How can I find someone to help me devise a similar plan of action, which would assume that the lake guardians already had their gemstones extracted and have served their purpose in Cyrus' plans?

2. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

The anime writers tend to change game-based subplots to their liking. It's something that they've done since the beginning even as far back as the Rocket-dan in Kanto.

MockingJ likes this.
  3. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

The Solaceon Ruins, at least, may have something to do with the anime wanting the Unown to have some importance and not be a near-complete waste of time like they are in the games.

4. McKnight

McKnight Active Member

Alright, then.

Here's something else, though:

What purpose was the energy Team Galactic was seeking from Floaroma Meadow and Valley Windworks meant to serve? What did that, or even stealing other Trainers' Pokemon, have to do with Cyrus' actual goals?

5. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

I could probably ask the same with game Team Galactic bumming around in Floaroma Meadow