• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How did you beat PBR?

goldfan

playing an ish game
When i first played through PBR is used the rental passes, and i have one save file reserved speciafically for rental pass use, trying all of the colloseums with the rental pass, as i find their mostly NFE element a little more interesting and challenging, especially playing through the game the first time, how did you all do it?

pikakid

jirachi killer
I just did it with my diamond team it was so easy though. I also did it with only rental passes aswell it was a b***h

Psycho_Jirachi

Rhyperior is teh pwn
I copied all 493 pokemon that I have on my diamond on to my PBR game and made a total pwnage custom pass. ^_^

Regifire

Marsh Trainer
When I didn't have my Diamond version I tried using a rental pass and failed repeatedly at the magma collosseum. Then I got Diamond and owned after I got my ubers ready on a custom pass

Psycho_Jirachi

Rhyperior is teh pwn
When I didn't have my Diamond version I tried using a rental pass and failed repeatedly at the magma collosseum. Then I got Diamond and owned after I got my ubers ready on a custom pass

What custom pass are you using at the moment? What pokemon are on it?

goldfan

playing an ish game
Why do people have such trouble, i beat the whole game with the 6 rental passes before even thinking about making custom passes haha oh wel...

Dragonisfire

Terra Master
Why do people have such trouble, i beat the whole game with the 6 rental passes before even thinking about making custom passes haha oh wel...

I beat the whole first part using the rental passes. After the new colleseums were unlocked like the Masters Set, it no longer became a good idea to use the random rental mons. So now I have resorted to my only legit team for it (my normal one breaks the PBR item clause) and its my Uber team...

Well, I don't have Diamond or Pearl. Or a DS for that matter. I had to visit the Trade Battles an awful and build a team with different kinds of type attacks and that knows Protect. :3
Like my Porygon-Z that knows Thunderbolt, Signal Beam, Psychic, and Protect. Or the Roserade that knows Energy Ball, Sunny Day, Weather Ball, and Protect.

I'm stuck on Set 6 right now though.... Protect doesn't really help against a Double-Team Giratina...
But that's how I beat it the first two times around. :D

I got bored halfway through the Gateway coliseum using rental passes. So I imported my Sunny day team - crushed everything in PBR until Mysterial rd. 2 and then I just added my Shedinja to the team and walled him.

mudkip12

Exploding Knees.
i just used my diamond team the same 6 pokes through the whole game.

swampert55

I used some Pokemon I transferred from my LG to Diamond in a custom pass. I obliterated everything until Mysterial in the last round(with the all uber team). I need more electric moves.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
I just got every really tough pokemon I had on a rental pass and smashed them. It worked fine until neon colesseum. Curse you wheel of fortune. You gave my opponent Dialga and stuck me with Kakuna and Metapod. After that it was a field day. I smashed Mysteral easily. That guy cannot beat Dialga and Palkia in a double battle.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
I just got every really tough pokemon I had on a rental pass and smashed them. It worked fine until neon colesseum. Curse you wheel of fortune. You gave my opponent Dialga and stuck me with Kakuna and Metapod. After that it was a field day. I smashed Mysteral easily. That guy cannot beat Dialga and Palkia in a double battle.

Scizor5000

Explorer of Time
I used my Pearl team of ;395;, ;392;, ;389;, ;405;, ;169;, and ;212;, all Lv. 100. Tooooo easy. (except for Neon and Sunset)

Dragonisfire

Terra Master
I did.
Its possible to complete Mysterial with rental passes. I used the Cherim one I think. I think thats the one with the Seadra and Dynamic Punch Machoke... or was it the one with the Haunter and Rotom I used...

DarkGanon

I've almost completed all the game with only rental passes.. Because i don't have diamond or pearl and it was not difficult at all..
Now the only battle which i cannot win is Mysterial in masters battle set 8.. He's so cheap..

goldfan

playing an ish game
He is rather cheap, i haven't got past set 4 yet, but i haven't tried in ages, I can't be bothered with Doubles or Item clause