• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How did you discover Serebii.net?

I was on the Nintendo Nsider forums and I stumbled upon a link. After 3 years of laziness and lurking, I finally joined.

pokemaster#13

<- looking for one
Well, my friend didnt believe me that there was going to be a game for the gamecube (pokemon collesuem or however u spell it :D) and i saw it on pokemon.com. i serched it and came up with serebii. then doing some more searching i found out it was the greatest pokemon site i had ever seen and have been hooked ever since ;009;

slowdude

Typed in Pokemon Platinum Wifi Event Dates on Google, this site came up.

GalladeX

I kept tuning into your "Pokemon of the Week," segment.
Then I looked a couple centimetres to the left.
"Oh. There's a forum, too"

leon25270

<- Zap Cannon Espeon
I once asked a friend where he got his Pokemon information. He told me about Serebii.net and how reliable the site's information is.

Once I saw the site's Pokedex, I knew I'll be going back to this site again and again.

Goldenrod

One armed detective
I was looking for a good pokemon sites so I started going to random affys on random pokemon sites and I came across one with a link here. I lurked for a LONG time and finally, I joined.

AstralEon

The one and only.
I was googleing all over the place searching for something called 'event Pokemon'. I stumbled upon Serebii which in the news section had an announcement of a Manaphy event coming up soon. So I did more research on it and found out what were events exactly.

After the event, I lurked around the site a few more times and thought Serebii wasn't such a bad place to look up info on Pokemon. 2 more months later, I went into the forums and lurked around in there as well. Another 2 months passed by and I joined in.

Brave Birdy

I first came across serebii back when the fouth generation pokemon were first starting to be revealed in the U.S. I was still pretty young at that time and although I loved pokemon, I wasn't aware that Japan was months ahead of the U.S. hahaha. So every time I wanted to look at the fourth gen pokemon, I would just google 'new pokemon' and would always go to serebii's 4th gen pre-release pokemon page. Anyways, on my first visit, I discovered tons of new 4th gen pokemon that I had no idea about, like Weavile, Lucario, and I want to say Drapion.

Ever since, I've been visiting Serebii on a daily basis.

Davidda

IRC Grand Master
It was a bright day in June 2006...

I was sticking with Marriland all the time. While my friends just wanted to be on Marriland, I was desperate to find something else, more accurate. I didn't find Marriland to be good, having many glitches and such. So I searched on Google for Pokemon.
First option in the results was Serebii. I was quite curios about what it was. So I went in there, and OH MY GOD I was surprised to see much stuff about Pokemon, much more than Marriland ever had. I directly sat it as a favourite page, for quick access. I directly settled myself into the IRC and began to study the chat, being impressed that you could use a program called Java to chat with each other. About 1 year later, I joined the forums, and here I am now!

Now?
I found out about BulbaPedia aswell, that's where I go right now to see stuff about Pokemon. But I still use Serebii frequently, mostly for chatting, using the forums, and checking events.

NAEWIG

I was 5 and was looking for pokemon pictures, then found the website and got amazed, didnt see anything else by then trought.

NAEWIG

I was 5 and was looking for pokemon pictures, then found the website and got amazed, didnt see anything else by then trought.

halloweenghost

I've been coming here since before the third movie was in the US. I mostly came for the information.. then after awile i looked into the forums..but did not care much. Around..say 2002, 2003 I joined the forums... but then i went dorment for a few months.. could not remember or recover my old account for anything..so I assumed it was deleted due to inactivity,.. then in 2005 I came back and been an active member ever since.

But i found it just browsing for pokemon sites back then.

Draken

I saw links on Nintendo Nsider forums in 2006 for Serebii.net. And i was looking for Pokemon Movesets too.

Last edited:
I wuz using google and searched the how to get Ho-oh in Colosseum and the first link wuz Serebii.net
After a while I decided to join the Forums

I wuz using google and searched the how to get Ho-oh in Colosseum and the first link wuz Serebii.net
After a while I decided to join the Forums

I googled " fake pokemon" ( interested in finding bootleg pokemon games/ cards) then it brought me to the fake pokemon page. I didn't pay much attion at the time. Some time later I did the search again and went on the same website. I noticed the word "News" so I clicked on it and it brought me to the news page. I was like " Wait a website that posts upcoming Pokemon games , cards, episodes, ect, this is heaven!! Then I went gaga and came to the site almost every day ( which I still do) for upcoming news. 2 years later I decided to join the forums XD( took me long enough).

Timetraveler:Pikachu

Servant of Time.....
I was ten when my friend told me of this "website that's like a pokedex on a hyper potion". That's when I learned that I had one poke maniac friend. Now I'm the weird one.
Note:The following words are directly from my brain (only speed up)
Whats this? IV's? whats that? EV's? Natures? New game?

Then I learned about the forums.....