• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How did you discover Serebii.net?

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
:) I'm glad you have a good memory of the site. I'm going to merge this into the "How did you find Serebii" topic

Nitro123 (PG)

Needs a user title
I just Googled "poke'mon" to see what would pop up, and this site called Serebii.net came up. I clicked on it, and I liked, so I added it to my favorites, and I've been coming here a lot since then. :D

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
Not long after Fire Red came out, i was looking for cheats, so i typed in "fire red" and Serebii's FRLG coverage page was the first link that came up

Kitsunetsuki

Guardiana Cristálica
I just wanted to search for an active Pokémon community since the dissolution of Pokémon Safari ( actually, one of the best Pokémon fansites in Spanish, but it got disbanded because Nintendo wanted to close the site for apparently "using" illegal software ).

Mr. E Goods

Gone for good
I was looking at random google images of shiny pokemon with my friend and we srtumbled upon Serebiinet. A while later I joined the forums.

starwars

megacharizard king
i was looking for pokemon events to find out what they were when i found the site and i liked it but the next day i forgot it's name than several months later i found the site again started going to it regularly

Andy787

I can't remember what year it was, but I do believe that I found this site when I was looking for news on Fire Red.

I was doing a Pokemon roleplay on another site and the person who started the roleplay posted a link to Serebii so that people could use the Pokedex to see what moves Pokemon could learn.

DOOD! I love your Signature!*Thumbs up*

aclover

VICTORiOUS
i found it through the unoffical english pokemon magazin, pokemon world.
they used to have portions of the forums on there! i remember seeing CERTAIN members on it!

Aquanova

I googled pokemon web sites and one of the options was Serebii so i clicked it i used the website alot to help with my games, i lurked the forims for the longest time before registering. Its one of the best sites ive been too. I check the news daily. Its the first website i go to everytime i go on the net everyday.

benknightprime

Master Trainer
I found it by complete accident, I was searching ash's treecko and found it. It is now one of my most trusted pokemon sites and my main site for pokemon black and white updates

Last edited:

pirate555

Word.
I ended up on Serebii chat because more than anything else I wanted a charmander on my Pokemon Diamond version....carried on trading there for a few weeks, until some chappie invited me to join his forum league on chat. I obliged by signing up to Serebii, and whilst his league lasted about a week, the league I made myself soon after lasted over a year, and I've had no reason to leave. :)

Pirate

Varnani

Infernus Rex
I play at GPX Plus and since Black&White were announced, a lot of stuff that has been posted in their forums comes from here so it was a natural trail to follow :)

razz

GastlyMan

Ghost Type Trainer
I was searching for info on Pokemon Platinum (never did end up buying it :p). I was pleasantly surprised to find out so many people like Pokemon still.
And then I found fanfiction after deciding to lurk in the forums. I eventually registered, and now I'm here probably annoying all of you having a great time! :D

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
I joined the forums this year, but I've used the website since like 2007 to find out stuff about pokemon games and such, how it happened I was just googling for info on how to catch pokemon in Emerald or something.

Arzana

Internet Squirrel
My friend told me about it. It's also been mentioned on marriland a few times.

murkrowrob

Yamask Hugger x_x
Before d/p were out and I wanted to know what the new pokemon were, I found an image linking here with all the 'mon on. I'm glad I did.