1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

How did you discover Serebii?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by NovaBrunswick, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

I was using it for all Pokémon news. I knew about the main site for years before I joined the forums.

WishIhadaManafi5 and wolf jani like this.
  2. Ignition

Ignition Obliterated a god with the power of friendship

I discovered Serebii during the B2W2 period. I needed help deciding a full team so I used Serebii to see a full Dex.

As for the fourms, I was getting back into the anime with SM (after the TF arc, I took a break as I felt burnt out) and saw someone on Twitter post titles for upcoming episodes so I decided to join

3. Divine Retribution

Divine Retribution Master of the freak show

I first used the site around 2006 to check the locations of certain Pokemon I needed for my dex in Ruby (I remember Chimecho being one, I literally never saw a Chimecho in the wild until I googled where to find it and ended up on Serebii). I joined the forums a few years later. Back then we had a feature called social groups that let users create their own groups/clubs with their own subforums, which was pretty cool, but unfortunately was scrapped due to issues moderating them.

wolf jani and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  4. Dream Lad

Dream Lad Banned

I used to look up Pokemon data on the main website, and saw it had a forum, but never joined. I would talk about the games and anime in other forums or on Youtube or Reddit, and rediscovered this place has a dedicated and active forum community here, so I finally joined a little over a month ago.

wolf jani and Ignition like this.
  5. Monster Guy

Monster Guy Fairy type Trainer

I was using the main site for a while, and I somehow discovered the forums.

I didn't stay active until I was encouraged by a friend to try RPing here.

6. Midnite♪

Midnite♪ Distant Stargazer

I discovered it when looking for a list of Shadow Pokémon in XD when the game was still relatively new. I don't remember the exact year, since it's been so long.