• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How did you find out about Missingno?

DasBoot

The internets. I didn't play Pokémon from the start, so when I got to play Red, I was searching GameFAQs and noticed a post on the message board.

I found out about ;000; from an old friend a long time ago. He gave me the instructions and it was going well. That is until I got obliterated by a level 100+ Nidorino. Then when I tried again I ran into the abomination. 100+ Rare Candies? Cool! Then I proceeded to abuse the glitch endlessly. I even found out it doesn't glitch your Hall of Fame records if you haven't beaten the Pokémon League...

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
i also heard of it too. that time i didn't even know how to use the internet...

i used missingno to clone rare candies and masterballs. i don't like to train pokemon much and that game wasn't mine. i borrowed it so i have 'time limit' to play.

anyway this video is funny about rare candies!

Zowayix

I found it because someone had added it to the "List of Pokemon" page on Wikipedia. Then I proceeded to search about more glitches on Google.

iShock

Real name is PixL8
I saw it somewhere and looked it up on Bulbapedia... my life was changed...

Blue-Oak

I found out about it from my friend in primary school. I have no idea how he found out because we lived on a remote island with not internet access until about 2005 and this was back in the 90's.

Mew_is_awesome

shiny hunter
A friend of mine told me I could get as much rare candies and masterballs as I liked and he showed me how to make missingno appear, it was back in third grade(2002) I think, good OLD DAYS :D