• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How did you find out about Missingno?

bel9

n3w 2 sppf :3
Well the super cool 6th, 7th and 8th graders told us lowly, not so cool 2nd/3rd graders all about missingno and duplication.

when pokemon got popular again in gr 5 my friend showed me~

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I believe I was seven when a neighborhood kid told me about it. Being the gullible kid I was, I believed him, and asked to see it. So he showed me, and it was the most awesome thing I had ever seen. But before then, he told me a MissingNo. looked like a Ditto.

It wasn't until years later we decided to do it ourselves. Yup. Didn't find out about any other glitches until I discovered TRsRockin' from another website. And that was how I was able to tell my brother about the Bad Egg when he got it from a friend (it was a Lickitung on his game, but it was a Bad Egg on mine when we battled).

We've been interested in glitches ever since.

Last edited:

Suave Squirtle

I'm a glitch hunter, but since I didn't have a Game Boy at the time it took me till I was a teen before I found out about Missingno, before I played any of the Pokemon games . . . . I read about them in magazines and walkthroughs occasionally and watched them on the television though, and I had known about them a while via school so I wasn't unaware of Pokemon.

Ludicepop!

I live in hoenn.
Pokemon ruby, actually.

Nitro123 (PG)

Needs a user title
I was just looking through Poke'mon glitches. I would never actually look for a glitch Poke'mon....

darknessofzro

*missingno* BEST POKEMON EVER =DIT CAN DESTROY THE WHOLE GAME!!!

darknessofzro

*missingno* BEST POKEMON EVER =DIT CAN DESTROY THE WHOLE GAME!!!

KeshanAmare

The Dark Shadow
I found it mentioned on a walkthrough. Then I looked it up on Bulbapedia.

misingnoglic

Funny story. I had a bunch of tracing paper + a how to draw pokemon book, and this annoying kid wanted to draw something, but there was only a limited amount of tracing paper, so I didn't let him. However, he had a tale of a mysterious pokemon, and that he would tell me if I let him. I had him draw the pokemon, and since it was a tetris-block, it seemed unbelievable.

This kid was a compulsive liar, so I passed this missingno off as another one of his stupid lies. However, a couple months later, I went to my cousin's house, saw that he has a pokemon that looked like a tetris block, called missingno, and I was in awe, starting my obsession (just take a look @ my username

ForteAnly

I can't remember to clearly. I believe it was trough a friend or a magazine that mentioned the glitch.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
Youtube Video. I found it while watching a battle in the Original Pokemon Red Version

tmega90

Pokemon Trainer
I think I read about it on the computer or heard about it at school. Then I did the glitch that made it show up.

Beechlgz

I found out about 12 years ago in primary school, back when it was just a budding rumour. Kids had so many stories about it, including fake cheats. I tried them all, I honestly didn't expect any of them to work but I knew there must be some working glitches. I didn't expect a trick a kid from school told me to work: talk to old man, surf up and down right Cinnabar, encounter missingno, 6th item in pocket multiplied. But it did work.

Last edited: