• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How did you get interested in Pokemon!

Dusk_PokemonResearcher

Weakness Strategist
I came home from school in grade 1 one day and I saw my first episode (It was the one where Snorlax was sleeping in a dried up river). After that I got red version and I haven't lost interest since.

SurferBel

Banned
i think I watched the original pokemon series every morning before I went to school, then my friends started it getting pokemon red and blue, then for my 7th bday my parents got me a gbcolor and pokemon red

The Empoleon Guy

Serebii's BADASS
I was little, and it intrigued me. Three cheers for boring responses.

-The Empoleon Guy ;395;

kogawolfman

Alpha Mightyena
I first learned about Pokemon when my cousin showed me and my siblings his Pokemon cards. He allowed us to each have one and then showed us the anime on TV. We didnt have the channel for Pokemon for a while. A few years later, two of my friends had Red and Blue. I already had a GBC so I called my mum to see if she could get me Blue on her way home from work. I guess she was feeling generous because she got it for me. I probably played Blue the most I've ever played any of my Pokemon games.

Sir Devious

Sir Devious
When my brother was younger [[when the show came out and stuff]] he watched it and I watched it with him. I watched the show, but I wasn't a big game fan until I was bought Ruby when it came out. [[My brother bought me that, too, lol.]]

Da14u.C

La mort de Narcisse
i got the tazos out of a pack of simba crisps and so i said to myself "hm...." and that is how i got interested in pokemon :D:D

when my cousin got red version for his birthday, then i played it for a bit and i liked it

VTUSH

<---Hatched
I watched the first episode and so-on and i liked it so i got games and liked them eversince.

Claudius Darling

The weird one
I saw a random episode on TV. I can't remember which episode it was now but certainly got me hooked into Pokemon.

Clash

He's Back!
3000th Post!

Starting with my first game - Pokemon Pinball, then following the television series from the very beginning.

I saw a random anime episode on TV, around the same time my aunt bought me Red. I don't like the anime anymore, but back then it seemed really cool and actually got me to start playing my game.

Discharge

Onions? WHERE???
I watched the series few times, after that movie # 1 landed in finland and my friend took me to see it and I got a free booster bag of cards from there. After that I bought the game, GBC and lots of other crap. Now I'm waiting for platinum :D

Fire Suicune

I somehow managed to see the first episode, immediately loved the series, and got Reb/Blue practically the moment I saw it (you get the point).I loved to watch the anime too, but then I realized it was pretty much the same thing every episode, so I don't watch it as much now (still play the games a lot, though).

-F.S. out

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
I remember flicking through one of my brothers nintendo magazines and saw an advertisment for the game before it's release.I started to look for things related to pokemon and took it from there, finally owning pokemon Red (because of the awesome charizard) in march 2000.I've been playing ever since, i have owned Red, yellow,pokemon pinball,pokemon stadium,pokemon snap, silver, pokemon trading card game, crystal, ruby, emerald, diamond, pearl and pokemon battle revolution.

I was at a bizarre. I was looking at a game table when I saw Pokemon Blue version. I don't know why but I wanted it so I asked my mom to get it for me and that started my pokemon adventures.