• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How did you get interested in Pokemon!

Nicolaxox

Beautiful Bellossom
i rember growing up with pokemon everywhere. my cousins LOVED pokemon, they went to the tornaments and took me with them. Scince i was too little to battle like them i watched the anime and then got a few of the cards. I got all 151 but then a lot more came out. Soon my oldest cousin gave me pokemon sapphire and i was addicted. Hes amazing at it and still helps me with weird things today.

halloweenghost

I knew it was coming and i had known about pokeon before it arrived in the states from magaziens and such and the news when the....porygon seizure incident happened...but i thought it looked dumb. My friend james got me to watch one episode and I was hooked ever since.. we went poke crzy, he went and got Red version a few days later and I would play when he was done just to catch pokemon in the areas he currently was in. fun game...

brodouche

My parents bought me Red for Christmas. I didn't even ask for it. I bet they regret doing that now, 1 Game Boy Color, 2 Game Boy Advances(one regular and one SP), one DS, 9 portable games, 4 console games, and countless card packs later.

purple-tangerine

Pokemon Exorcist
My neighbor was going door-to-door selling the TCG cards. Then I found the Anime on TV kind of by accident :p My first game was Sapphire, since my first game console was a GBA.

Divadel

I got interested in the game series after the news came out about the seizure incident with the anime, obviously had to wait for the english Red/Blue to come out to actually play the game.

Larry

I got a gameboy color and got to pick out a game and I saw Pokemon Blue and I thought Blastoise looked cool so I got it...

Ubernational

Top coordinator
Hmm..well it was just when pokemon first came to the U.K. I remember getting up to watch SMTV. My mum said theres this new show and I would love it. I said "no way, I love power rangers to much"(lol). So I watched it anyway the instantly fell in love with pokemon. I was the first kid to get the game(Blue),the cards,sticker books,toys,bed sheets, t-shirts, you name I had it. I was soo cool until the fad faded off with most kids. Then I was rejected to playing silver with my best friend. After that I just stoped liking it and moved on.......but when ruby/sapphire came I found an instant longing to buy it. But resited to get it, two years later I gave in to my pokemon cravings and bought Diamond. I then got back into the anmie and bought all the gba games:).

Its funny I used to Bionicles and Spyro were cooler than Pokemon.
Im 16 and proud of my pokemon obbsession.

Eevee_Slugma

The great pokemon yellow. too bad i didn't get the full experience out of it...

encas

Come to me...
Back when I was young, Pokemon was, of course, BIG. I knew what it was, but wasn't really interested in it. I actually forget how I got hooked; the first Pokemon item of any sort I remember having was an activity/coloring book (and that REALLY shows my age, doesn't it?) Eventually, I begged my dad into buying me Pokemon Yellow (because I absolutely loved Pikachu) along with a yellow Game Boy Color. I played the game quite often; it was my first gaming addiciton.

SailorPika

Dark Poke'mon Lover
I got interested in it when I saw an ad for it in a magazine, talking about how popular it is (can't remember if it was Sports Illustrated or Disney Adventures).

.Person.

No avatard plz
I was there when it first started. My cousin gave me Red version and I was the first with it at school. Started the Pokemon trend at my school the first year it came out too. lol

Not interested any more, but it's a good time killer.

Silver83

I started watching the tv series then my younger sister got the game which I played more than she did! I got my own a little while later and have been a fan since then.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
When my friends were completely obssessed about it, i decided to see what it was like. I had already watched many of the episodes and liked it(but not loooved) I tried the games.....and u know the story:D

aerisLana

i cannot believe
I already got interested in Pokemon ever since I watched the first anime episode. The games didn't interest me though at first, because I was confused about the whole thing. xD

BUG

insert joke so dated I don't even remember it
It was big in kindergarten. At first I thought it was retarded, and couldn't care less. Then my mom bought me a starter deck for doing well in school, and you know how the story goes.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
I watched an episode of it, liked it, my friend brought the game and we all sat round him watching it and I guess its kinda stuck on me ever since.