• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How did you get interested in Pokemon!

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
Well it was the anime that got me into it, as well as Pokemon merchandise and propaganda, which gradually got me in to 'collecting' pokemon cards. I had a tonne of Grass energys and Weedles, my best cards were Asian fakes with a 10000 HP Electrode and Thundershock that did 9000 damage. The only Johto card I got was a Misdreavus (which is real, BTW) and I liked it a lot, as it came in a promotion, but I really wanted a Porygon2, which was the other promotional card, and thats how the obsession begun. Later on, my dad threw them all out, mainly because I couldn't find a better use for them, and I lost interest (i still have a Psyduck plushie though...) until two years ago, when I first played Gold, and then Blue, and then Diamond and Pearl.

And six months ago, I joined Sppf (after discovering what a 'forum' was)

CharTang

Boulder Trainer
well when i was 11 or 12 every kid in my year/grade had the cards so thats pretty much what got me into it... didn't even know what pokemon was before those cards started showing up everywhere.

Horoika1

<--Next Pokémon Hunt
Pokémon Yellow came packaged with my GameBoy Color (Yellow).

I started out with the cards but stopped colecting them sometime after getting the game (I started playing with Silver)

Jirachi_Star

Fiddlesticks!
I did by watching it.us

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
I heard that Pokémon cards were going to be banned from our Elementary school or something. That made me interested, so I looked up "pokey mon" on the computer to find out what it was. I got redirected to the Pokémon.com site, had a look at several of the critters and was hooked ever since. I was eight or nine at the time.

P. Ditto

Resident Ditto
;047;I was jealous of my brother buying Blue version so I got Red and the rest is self-explanatory. I traded for his Blue version and I still got it w/ Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Emerald (Sapphire first, sold it) and now, Pearl.

zaxly100

Glalie Luva
In second grade, my friend would play her crystal game when the busses were being called, and i would watch her play. Then, i played it when i was at her house, and then got hooked. My mom bought me a gameboy and a ruby game. The rest is history. Then i ended up coming onto here for game info and level up attacks, and then decided to join the forums.

Last edited:
I saw some Pikachu Figures that my cousin was collecting, then he let me watch an episode of Pokemon (it was in Spanish though, since I was in México at the time.) I think that episode was "The Bride Bike Gang."

Anyway, when we came back to the U.S., my dad got us Pokemon Red and a Gameboy.

And THAT's how I got interested.

ShayminLikesToastXD

did i transform?
i got something at gamestop once and someone asked me if i wanted to pre-order diamond/pearl. i took diamond. I've been a poke-maniac ever since i started the game :)

Last edited:
It is written in the ancient texts that this how the Legendary Glitch Trainer Krug got into pokemon.
-------------------
The Myth:
One day a young Krug was walking around the Water Temple of his village, it was here in the dark catacombs that he saw a Martial Arts God training in the dark recesses of the temple. The god noticed Krug and saw his Yugioh cards, he said, "Krug, I shall give you the Great Game of Blu if you trade me a powerful Sea Serpent card, Krug agreed to the trade and gained the Game. It was here that Krug's Pokemon legend began, and he becam a hero in the halls of time.
----------------------------
What REALLY happened:
My Dad worked at the Water Enviornment Federation. I knew another boy there who knew Martial Arts, we both liked Yu-Gi-Oh and one day he said to me, "Hey, I'm making a Sea Serpent deck, care to trade for my Pokemon Blue Version?"
I said "Sure", so we traded and I got Blue Version the end.

pokemon_maniac

from heaven to glory
when it came to india where i live in 2001 as a anime many of my my friends watched the first few eps before me, so they told my bout itz gr8ness so even i got hooked up, then i got interested in cards then games upto diamond but now all i care bout pokemon is itz gamez otherwise its ova fur me.......

Revengent

Fiddlesticks *snaps*
I was vactioning, and I was at some toy store and the lady at the counter asked if I wanted any Pokemon cards. I had heard about them, so I begged my mom to get them for me. (Turns out the cards were fake ones...but I remember there was a Pikachu, Gastly, Dugtrio, Bill trainer, and a Arcanine in the pack). Then I started watching the anime and then moved on to blue/red version, and have been a fan since back then in '98.

manaphee

新たなる誓い
I first got hooked on Pokemon in Kindergarten, about, oh, 4 years before now, so I've only been a fan for a little. I was about 5 at the time when I was on Cartoon Network and Pokemon came on, (They were doing reruns of the original series) so I watched it. It was that one where like Ash is doing that Pokemon race and there's like a Ponyta and a Rapidash. I kept watching it. I forgot all about Pokemon, then in first grade, my friend was playing Pokemon with my other friend. So I'm like, "What's a Torchic?" Because she kept saying Torchic, and I thought it was a Raichu. But she told me about Pokemon Advanced Challenge, so I started watching that and recording it on our DVR, and then in Second grade I got my first Pokemon games, Pokemon emerald and Ruby, and well, I've been a fan of Pokemon ever since. I also play the TCG.

DarkBlazikenEX

GRRRRRRRRR
My cosin, who lives far away, brought her cystal version when visiting my house. I played it for a while and almost stole it, but I didn't.
Latter my friend let me barrow his Leafgreen in exchange for my Tony Hawk game (Good trade that (for me atleast)). Then my brother bought Leafgreen used and I bought Emerald new.