• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How did you get into you fic?

Manaphyman

Up all night
Well, really, what was your inspiration?

Back in Janurary, I read Memory lake, and really wanted to join the forums. I joined in April, wfter I had 5 chapters of the Sevii Islands Saga already made. And thus, at Chapter 20, I can look back upon it.

What about everyone else?

latioslegends

I have read quite a bunch of great fics, which I decided give it a shot. First try was quite a bad idea, but now I am have just done my sixth chapter, and I feel quite intrested in writing the whole way.

Pikaman

Poke-nerd
I am actually new. I liked a few fics, I like to create stories so I tried it out. Expect more Fics from me.

Manaphyman

Up all night
I find it hard to balance multiple fics. I was thinking of trying it....

The whole reason I got on the forums, was because I wanted to post a fanfic. it turns out my original idea is for a sequal to my current fic...

Erm... I needed something to entertain me until Omnipotence came out? *blushes*

And and and, like usual, I couldn't resist making up characters to go along with the latest game. These characters, however, turned out to be much more potent... they wormed inside my head and wouldn't get out. They made me write a story about them; I didn't really want to. But hey, could YOU stand up to Tatsuki, Seito, and Mix? :D

~Mix

Manaphyman

Up all night
haha, very intersting answer Mixy. Deep. You take your writing seriously.

P.S. Mixy, your pms are clogged, I cant get through...

Dragonfree

Just me
I first got into writing Pokémon fanfiction after I had this awesome idea that I could, like, write a STORY about POKÉMON! =o And I was sure I was the first person ever to think of that.

That "fic" was scrapped pretty soon, but it was the basic idea. Later I read another story on a website, but I can't say that particularly inspired me (although it did make me rant mentally for having a "Twerp Trio" cast: a dense little kid, a *****y female Love Interest (tm) that constantly fought with him and an older, more mature guy that explained stuff). My primary inspiration, although I first found it after starting my fic, was a story posted in the Fan Fiction forum here (also the first place where I learned what "Fan Fiction" meant; before it I had always just referred to them as "Pokémon stories") way back in 2003, "From Rookie to Champion". I walked into the forum and saw it, decided to read it, and incredibly enough, was lucky enough to have stumbled upon one of those ridiculously rare trainer fics that the author ends up actually finishing. While Serebii.net went down for months later that year, I found a new home at the PokéMasters forums, and discovered to my delight after a while that its author Kecleon had migrated there as well under the name ShinyMarill, and there I followed that fic (and its sequel) to the end. It taught me a lot of things, such as how describing what the Pokémon are doing during battles instead of just writing out their cries is a Good Thing. I got so involved in it that I had a dream about it once, heh. It's a shame I never got into the fic he's writing now.

So yeah, I think that's where my inspiration has come from. Plain old imagination, a little from that one Twerp Trio story, and then From Rookie to Champion.

HommeDor

L'Hiver Est Arrivé
i got into my fic from watching movies :p . there is this movie i watched (name forgotten) where this king defended his people from an evil warrior who would have taken over the land :p . so thats how i got the idea for "Look Into My Eyes".

with "I Hate You" i based it on this movie about child abuse and the spouses of the abusers turning a blind eye... :|

Divinity_123

shove 'er in! ;O
OMG, tbh, fanfiction.net. :/

Then I got ambitious and found SPPf, I got hooked onto The Great Butler's PXD: Series and I got inspired. . .I have a soft spot for Orre and Cipher :D

Divinity_123 ;196;

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Well sometimes, after waking up, I'd think "what would it be like if i were in a pokemon world?" or "what would it be like if I caught a Treecko?". Then I just wrote down my thoughts in the early summer and things picked up from there.

Negrek

Lost but Seeking
I was actually introduced to fanfiction on Neopets when I joined a guild. One way to increase your rank there was to contribute to the guild's Web site, and one of the features there was one of those "continue the story" things where you would add a chapter to the story and then someone else in the guild would add one after you, and so forth. I contributed to that, but at the same time I started considering writing something totally different--there was an area for standard fanfiction as well. While I was working on a fanfic to submit, Neopets outlawed linking to outside Web sites in guilds and I lost the only place I knew of to post my stuff.

One of my friends later introduced me to FF.net when she showed me some of the X-men fanfiction that she had posted there, and the rest, well, is history.

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
Hehehehehehehe......

Well...my fic spouted from a couple things.

Way back in I think August of 2004, Fire Red and Leaf Green hit America. I purchaced Fire Red because Charizard was my favorite starter. I named my guy Jack, one because I liked the name and two because a default name for your rival in Blue, who is the Red version guy, was Jack. Thus, my main character was born.

From then, I drew pictures of the fire red trainer, who became known instinctively as Jack by my brother and I. Basically, I just made up backstories for him, none of which really were that great. But he changed a bit. Jack the Fire Red trainer lost the hat and his hair grew longer. If any of you have seen the hairstyle of the Sugimori drawn character Will, the E4 guy, that's what Jack's hair looks a lot like, only brown.

In January-March or April, I read Saber's Cross of Fates and Chibi's Legendarian Chronicles. They were drop dead astonishing. It had never really crossed my mind that you could write great stories with pokemon. At the time, my impression of fanfiction was stuff like Harry Potter fanfics, which just take characters from Harry Potter and put them in a plot that doesn't relate at all to the main series. But for pokemon, there is no set story that the series follows. It is an entire universe that can be written about without contradicting the main series. And so, I made an account on serebii to learn more about competetive battling, make myself somewhat respected in a pokemon community, and three, to review Saber's and Chibi's fanfics.

After becoming a member, I began formulating plots that would be cool for my own fic. Jack would obviously be my main character, as he had existed in my head for two years already. I thought up plots, found one that stuck, came up with a nice background for Jack, and boom! Pokemon Crusade was born.

Jack ;466;

Lucarioman777

I know I got into it by wondering, "What can we people think of with Pokemon?", because I already had an idea. Then I went to Fanfiction.net and the first story I read is one of the best I've ever read: Pokemon: The Final Journey by PaulXion. 46 (as of recently) chapters of goodness. I was hooked. Then, when I tried to sign up there, McAfee BLOCKS the sign-in page. So, I came here, because I knew this place was good, too. Glad I did. It's awesome, with stories like, Pokemon Crusade: Rebirth of Terror; your fic, Manaphyman, The Sevii Island Saga; and plenty others. I haven't read yours, Mix, because McAfee blocked that and The Great Butler's stories, too (DANG McAfee!).

Reason I even have McAfee: my parents are paronoid.

blaziken33

-Elite Association-
I like the whole 'traveling with partners' idea, so I just wrote about the first thing that came to mind. I kind of make my character resemble me.

Glajummy

Why so S E R I O U S
Mission Pokemon: I just fell in love with the MD game and after reading Chibi's fic, I decided to (loosely) base a story off the game. However, MP remains unfinished...

Pokemon: Shining Nightmare: I simply grew bored of that same idea they use for the games and decided to take things into my own hands. I planned for it to be a normal journey fic but eventually strayed from that as well.

Nayana

It's a suit! *_*
Well, my fanfiction was largely based on the Pokemon anime, mainly because it was easier to work with for me. I just watched it and went "man, it'd be awesome if Ash and Misty got married someday and had kids." Then I saw the first Pokemon movie and fell in love with psychics. I adapted some of what Mewtwo did into human form, and bam! I had my psychic powers of doom. I changed a lot of things for the worse, sadly, although I still wish Team Rocket could be as awesome as I wrote them. I drew inspiration from other places, I'm sure (especially music, I get some of my best ideas while lost in music), but I can't name any others.

What I write currently is basically a very loose adaptation of what I started in the fanfiction. It has a lot of the same characters, and you'd probably be able to tell it was just an evolution of the old story if you read the original draft and the current one.

So, long story short, the core of what I write is inspired by the Pokemon anime. I don't know if you'd be able to see it now, but it's true. O:

A little on the side, I wish I knew where I stole the name Nayana from. I'm sure I didn't just make it up. When I was little, I seriously thought I'd made the name Nadine, but I had just forgotten that I'd heard it before. I am not kidding. I was, like, ten! XDDD;

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
I started writing fanfiction after reading Saffire Persian's "The Ties That Bind" and "Requirem for a Dream". I was then like, "Oh my gosh, I soooooo want to try my hand at writing Pokemon fanfiction!" XD

Eventually, one and a half years later, I wrote quite a few one shots and finished three chaptered fics already. XD