• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How did you improve here on Serebii forums

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
So I was thinking back to late 2005 where I made bad topics/posts, and was a bit of a moody butt.

Nowadays, I am more laidback, and I don't get phased as much.

There are also certain mistakes I've made here that I wouldn't think about repeating.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I just start ignoring people who are clearly trolls. Don't even have to worry about getting a headache arguing with them.

Also realized that most times rules aren't consistent so it's not even worth discussing them

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
A bit more laidback, probably out of boredom. The trolls and bullies here are still annoying with their idiot use of logic but eventually they shut up in the end. Still have a habit of getting into long discussions. Unfortunately I don't think that will go away anytime soon.

TornadoAdvisory

The Imminent Storm
Let me start with this: I was actually on here around 2006-11 under a different name. To keep it brief, my grammar and general manner of typing was horrible, I fed too many trolls, and most of all just said some really dumb stuff. That is why I started anew just recently.

Nowadays, my grammar is better and I'm more keen on identifying trolls and simply ignoring them, as others have said here. If I get caught up in a disagreement/argument with someone(it can happen to the best of us), I'm much more likely to try to keep it civil compared to when I was younger.

For the most part, I found that simply maturing as I got older, taking a long break from these forums, and learning what constitutes acceptable behavior on a message board over time has greatly contributed to me enjoying my second go-around on here much more than my first visit.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I remember making a topic asking if we would get more manly Pokemon.

This wasn't meant to be literal, and I was talking about certain Pokemon in pre-release Gen 4 having Man- as the beginning of their name.
These examples included Man-aphy, Man-tyke, and probably some others that had this in Japanese.

That didn't stop people from being weirded out from the thread title.