• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How did you make it past the first gym in yellow?

PokemonTrainerKaden

Catch and train a Mankey and a Butterfree. Even if you only get the Butterfree you will be good to go.

I used a Butterfree with Psychic and just grinded it until it was above the level of Brock's.

I used a Butterfree with Psychic and just grinded it until it was above the level of Brock's.

kingferret53

A duel well fought..
Mankey....

God, been literally years, but if I recall...learns Low Kick at level 9.

Pinkle

I used butterfree with confusion. That worked well, then i'd dump it in my PC and forget about it. XD

dainswfc

well i was 5 when i first played pokemon which was this one i thought pikachu was the best pokemon ever trained it up so high and it had thundershock, thunderwave, thunderbolt and thunder and it was so overleveled but it was all i had so i eventually caught a pokemon which was a nidoran trained it up and double kicked away

silverwolf922

U lieks Oshawott
Pidgeotto, grinded until I was at a higher level then Brock. Pidgeotto then became my main Pokémon. I did this every time I replayed Yellow.

Comit88

Moderate Trainer
I caught a Nidoran and leveled it up until it learned quick attack. it was/is one of my favorite moments in pokemon to this day.

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
It's been years since I've played that with my cousin, what we did was to train a male Nidoran until it learns double kick so we can beat Brock's pokemon (Man he's hard)

Since then, ;034; had been one of our faves before.

Psychic

Really and truly
I would always teach Pikachu Mega Punch and got along pretty well with that. I think I also caught a Caterpie and trained that.

~Psychic

Ilan

Repeatedly tried using thunderbolt without succeed on onix and geodude then use rain dance (or hax cheating IDK) and thunderbolt then 0HAXOK them, oh ,wait it is just ash.
Actually I just captured more species and beat the gym or trained it on the gym IDK I was like 7 years old.

girazard

IT'S A TRAP!!!
Just used Butterfree to kill Geodude, and lv14 Pikachu for Onix. Tail whip spamming ;)