1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

How did you react when Pokemon went FULL COLOR by Gen 2?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation I & II Discussion' started by shoz999, Oct 29, 2018.

1. shoz999

shoz999 Master of Disguise!

[​IMG]
    OH MY GOD! THESE NEXT-GEN GRAPHICS LOOK AMAZING! It's... it's... beautiful!

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  2. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Werewolf of London

Pretty much the same as what you mentioned. Thought it was pretty cool. Heck, I still love gen 2. :)

3. Apslup

Apslup Complete Mad-Lad

I wasn't alive when Gen 1 or GS were released, though Crystal was my first game and I thought the graphics looked pretty decent as a kid and I still think they look pretty cool and nostalgic today.

4. Sceptile Master

Sceptile Master Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression

Apparently I initially didn't want the Gameboy games as a kid for a while because I thought the screens were too small, so I couldn't really tell ya. But Super Gameboy says hi

5. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

I didn't feel too excited since colors meant little to me, although I did like the graphic update in Gen II overall, especially in Crystal thanks to the moving sprites.

Cat's Eye Draco likes this.
  6. c1234

c1234 Trainer Since '98

It blew my mind that I could play a game with amazing graphics while on the go.

7. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

Well, I started playing Pokemon games after Generation III came out, but I actually really liked most Generation II sprites (well, in G/S, some were still messed up, such as Feraligatr, Quilava, Sneasel, Spinarak and especially Raikou), as they almost had a painted feel to them.