• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How did you react when Pokemon went FULL COLOR by Gen 2?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
hqdefault.jpg

OH MY GOD! THESE NEXT-GEN GRAPHICS LOOK AMAZING! It's... it's... beautiful!

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Pretty much the same as what you mentioned. Thought it was pretty cool. Heck, I still love gen 2. :)

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
Apparently I initially didn't want the Gameboy games as a kid for a while because I thought the screens were too small, so I couldn't really tell ya. But Super Gameboy says hi

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Well, I started playing Pokemon games after Generation III came out, but I actually really liked most Generation II sprites (well, in G/S, some were still messed up, such as Feraligatr, Quilava, Sneasel, Spinarak and especially Raikou), as they almost had a painted feel to them.

Kein

AKA Silktree
I had to share a Game Boy Color with my brother, and it was torture having to play Gold on a regular Game Boy while waiting for my turn. So yes, the color made a big difference.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I had never paid attention because Yellow had some color and I always had a very active imagination or just mentally inserted colors from the anime. I suppose it was impressive back in the day, but it wasn't a "WOW" moment, for sure.

The colour thing was impressive, but it was the other little things that really wowed me. I remember one serious 'oh wow' moment was when you're on the first route and your way is blocked... by other trainers, battling each other. Other people in the world who weren't you were actually having Pokemon battles on-screen! It was crazy.

Noa

Pokemon Crystal is my happy place
I actually didn't care much, considering I wasn't that concerned with graphics at age 6. What I was really impressed by was the moving sprites in Crystal. Those blew my mind.
I was amazed that the console could handle full color since Silver was my first game for the system and I didn't expect the visuals to be so good. Now they look crappy since time has passed but back in generation 2 it was a big deal.

Honestly, I think they still kinda hold up? Like, as a GBC game. Those were some nice pixels. yo. There were definitely crappier looking games lol

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
It was literally the first video game I'd ever owned or played, so I had no expectations either way.

jaden767

Amphetamine
I don't remember exactly what I felt when I saw that the games were now in full color but I must've been happy to see the change because it was a big leap forward and made the games look better.