• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How did you react when you found out about pokemon

How did you react

• Liked it so much you kind of acted like you were in love in it

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • Liked it lots

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • Okay

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Meh...

Votes: 12 23.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the title says, how did you react?

I was at Shopco.(old store that shut down in 2000) and I was with my mom and I saw a Red version and I said "Oooh, that looks cool"(I was 3)and asked my mom and she said yes.When we got home I played it until bedtime and got to Brock.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
saw 3 sec of the show and said "boring" and turn it over.

Meh didn't care much. Then I started to get more and more into it...

Silver Ryu

~Aqua Dragon~
Well, when I first heard about it, I was six, and I thought it was stupid. (I have a tendancy to be that way about stuff. I thought that way about Yu-Gi-Oh, until I watched the show) But when I actually watched the show, and played Yellow, I liked it. And now look at me! ^_^

Actually, the first place I heard about it as in a magazine called Kid City. It showed a few of the pokemon, (Pikachu, Meowth, Snorlax, Venasaur, Charizard, and Blastoise) and stuff about them. I didn't think much of it. I didn't think it was stupid, but I wasn't interested, either. It was when I noticed that people were obsessed with it that I thought it was stupid. And....yeah, like I said before, once I watched a few episodes of the show, got into the cards (remember how that Charizard card was so...I dunno, legendary! It was so rare, and it was awesome if you got ahold of one. It was really good, too. I remember this store selling them for $20!) and played Yellow, I loved it!

Last edited:

Timid Kyogre

Endangered Creature
Well...At first I didn't quite get it for some reason but then I got more interested in it the more people blabbered about it ^_^

~Timid Kyogre

Torchic23

gee that's swell
Well after watching my first episode I remember saying "Wow that was really cool I wanna see it again". And that's how it all started ^_^

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Like many other things that I really like today, I thought it was stupid. Then, my brother came home with the cards, and I decided to give it a try, and now I like it.

Meowth

Mid-Boss
I thought it was the stupidest thing ever created. :) People were talking about it in school ALL the time and I was getting sick of it. I can't remember when I watched my first episode, but it was at a friend's house and I thought it was pretty cool (it was one of the Sabrina episodes). I became a regular watcher and before I knew it, I was a fan...sad thing is that by the time I was really into it, nobody talked about it anymore. It just slowly became more and more looked at as a dumb kid's show. Even now, I don't know anyone else who wakes up in the morning to watch it. Not that it bothers me, because I'm nowhere near as crazy about it as I used to be. It's just something I get amusement out of now.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
It was advertised on SkyOne and I thought, as with all anime, it sucked. But when i gave in and watched it after about a month, I fell in love.

Kyaku

. . .
When I turned it on I'm like,
"This is a cool show." Soon I got Yellow and totlly played for about 4 hours everyday until I got Silver.

Raziel

Lively up yourself
Well, the first time I found about Pokemon, I was a bit scared, no joking. I found about Pokemon due to a new on the Porygon episode on a news program.

Months later, the show was imported to America. I wasn't sure about watching it, but I did it anyway and I found it to be very entertaining.

E

Ember

My friend told me about it, and eventually I got into it like everyone else at the time. Now I'm hooked on it.

I just was amazed to see a measly Game Boy game being so popular in Japan. It was just another game as I got it, though it was powered by a curiosity. Needless to say, I got hooked. Completely. :D

Kiyohime

It was EVERYWHERE in Tokyo when it was released-- you couldn't go anywhere without running into something relating to it. So I thought, "The hell," and bought a game. I was never a fan of the show or the cards, just the games. :p

Dunsparce

Saw a commercial of a Vaccum with eyes sucking up the little critters (I though the vacuum was one of them >_>; )

I just thought "whatever it is, Tamagotchi is better u_u" I was a devoted Tamagotchi fan then.

Does anyone besides me remember that commercial?

I was dissapointed when I found out it wasn't a Pokemon :p

Status
Not open for further replies.