• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How did you start playing video games?

Totokip

Black Triangle
I stole this from another gaming website, hyopefully no-one else from that site notices. The title is pretty self explanitory, but you tell us how you started playing video games! Give lots of details if you please
(what am I, an essay format or something?)
Anyway, I'll start us off!

Warning, I rant! Only click if you want to read a rant!
My first time playing a video game was on the snes, two player mode on my big bro's Super Mario World. So that got interested in video games, but I never had my first gaming device until much later. My cousin had pokemon ruby, so he let me play it from time to time, I was naturrally entranced, like any other 6 year old would be at those fraphics and sound. So I was dying to have a pokemon game! When it was christmas time, I had opened a few presents already, just toys, but then I got to this one, it felt different, it was completely a cube. I tore through it like any other child would, and was delighted to see a game boy advanced SP, and a Pokemon Fire Red packaged with it. I screamed in delight, quickly inserted the game cartidge, and played until my game died. I wailed and my mom showed me how to charge it. i soon found out that I could play while charging. Simply put, that was a fantastic christmas break. This is a huge influence on me as a gamer because it got me into RPGs, but my brother really got me into games in general. My brother also made me fall in love with the mario series, that love still lasts, of course. I freaked out, naturally, when I found that superstar saga was an RPG. It was a heavenly dream come true. Now I'm an esteemed gamer that plays a variety of games, but about 55% RPGs. I remember these details oh so vividly, and ever fondly!
Now what's your story?

GOLDENCRS

I'm a f***** Ponyta
My brothers got me into Pokemon when I was like 4. #winning

Shuam

righteous
i had no idea video games existed then my brother got an n64 for christmas.
i then proceeded to play super mario 64 and that led to other things.

Geekachu

Myrrh

I had a SNES when I was little. I don't remember how/when we got it. I mostly played super mario world, but also had Paper Boy 2, Super Return of the Jedi, and some NBA game. Then my cousins from Washington state visited us and brought their gameboys and red/blue. Things really took off from there.

zapteryx

I'm always there...
Well, I remember when I was three years old my parents got me a gameboy colour with pokemon blue, and I've been hooked ever since, despite the fact it took me an hour to get out of the room at the start and about a month before I knew how to save :\

I also got a PS1 that same day, but that's irrelevant.

BlazingCold

Probably Pokemon Silver, but first consle game? Mario Kart Double Dash for Gamecube, nya~

Had an NES before I was born (More like got it from my brother and sisters,) and my first game was Super Mario Bros. 2 at the age of two. Been playing ever since.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I remember seeing Super Mario World on the NES at a distant cousin's house, and found out my dad actually had the station and a few other games. We then proceeded to play the heck out of duck hunt and Super Mario World. We would eventually get the N64, where one of our first games was Yoshi's Story. Since then, we slowly got a collection of N64 games and had a ball with each one of them.

I would be the first to get the GameBoy Color when Pokémon Yellow came out for my eighth birthday, and my brothers would follow suit a year or two later.

Good times...

Ryu.Recharged

ThunderDragonTrainer
It was the christmas before i turned 5, i opened up a small box that was from my older cousin, who always hurt and teased me. After i got the wrapping paper off i saw that it was a gameboy, the special pikachu gameboy that came with pokemon yellow, i couldnt even read but i started playing anyways, as soon as i tried to leave town prof. Oak stopped me (at the time i thought he was a monkey, no clue why.) i love my cousin for the gift of pokemon. It was the first time i ever played pokemon and the first game i had ever played. :)

Dragon Trainer X

良い感じ!
I think that my dad, who was very good at tricking me at the time, 'magically' pulled a Gameboy Advanced SP out of my ear, and it had Pokemon Ruby in it, and it was already on. I started to play it, and it turned out that I was really good at playing the series, so I just continued as a fan of the Pokemon games, with growing a liking for other game series along the road, of course.