• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How difficult is the main story of any Pokemon Game for you?

Difficulty of Main series Pokemon games?

• Very Easy (Difficulty 1/5)

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Easy (Difficutly 2/5)

Votes: 22 41.5%
  • Average (Difficulty 3/5)

Votes: 19 35.8%
  • Hard (Difficulty 4/5)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very Hard (Difficulty 5/5)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hard to Explain (Difficulty ?/5)

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters

Indragon

Back in the USSR
All the games since then I have found the main story easy. I complete most in 8-12hours(Sapphire took me 212hours).

8-12 hours? Wow, that's really fast.

Additionally, gym puzzles (I'm lookin' at you Morty) and some of the other puzzles in the game were quite confusing to me when I was a kid. Fortunately, I used to read the text and talk to most people, otherwise I'd have ended up even more confused.

Looking back, I believe I did get stuck in a few places. Sevii Islands 4 to 7, catching Mewtwo (Fire Red, of course), Fortree City in Sapphire and probably some others. But there was already someone who'd beaten the game to help me out :p

And apart from obvious ones like Water > Fire, type matchups can be hard to figure out (though there's always that helpful dude at the Gym entrance), especially if you don't watch the Anime. I, fortunately, had the experience of the Anime behind me, though I was shocked when "Aim for the horn" didn't work in the games

btw, I've voted 3/5 on the poll, that's more of a rookie trainer point of view though.

Celebii21

I beat SS in 18:32 with only Feraligatr, Ampharos, and Lugia, so about 2-3/5.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
The games are really easy, and I go out of my way to make things a bit harder("set" battle style, never fighting wild Pokemon for EXP past the first gym, that sort of thing). By the time I get to the E4 I'm usually 10 to 20 levels below what I "should" be(considering the Champion's levels)...but I win anyway(admittedly with a lot of item juggling once I get to the last E4 member & the champion). Of course, I still use decent movesets, a team of 5 or 6 fully evolved Pokemon, and I know how tactics work, which is pretty overwhelming for an AI built to take on kids who only use their starter Pokemon with 4 STAB moves.

Things were tougher when I was just starting out with RB, but I don't remember things ever being that hard. Although even back then I used a full team of 6 and made sure to keep their levels equal, so maybe things were just harder for the kids who only used 1 or 2 Pokemon.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Not very difficult at all, unless its a monotype challenge.

thetifftiff

I'm going with just easy. They'd be very easy but there are times you have to grind a lot more than you'd really want to. I mean, in game anything can be done with enough levels under your belt (go watch a video of someone doing a solo run with a first stage pokemon) but getting those levels can get boring enough to add a little difficulty (as in it's difficult to keep playing through the boredom.

Illusione-Tempus

Average...

The main storyline is easy to follow. The only thing hard about it is training 'til I have a decent level to challenge the E4... No, seriously. If I'm not patient in waiting and spending time training my Pokemon, I might explode.