• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do deal with trolls on the internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

irock245

She wants it
The title says it all. I've found many troll on the internets, and I was wondering how you deal with them. Do you try to report them for their trolling, like on serebii, or do you try to ignore them?

discuss your reaction and how you deal with trolls.

7 tyranitars

Send them back to their bridges :p.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I've never had a troll come after me, but if one was to, I'd either try to talk some sense into them, or just ignore them. Some of them are worth talking to I suppose, and we have had a good run of good and bad trolls on here, so it just depends on the person behind the keyboard.

Good and funny trolls are great. Bad trolls just are sick of being made fun of and stepped all over IRL, so they do it over the internet to anyone that has an actual life.
Can't say I blame them, poor guys. ): Just wish they were funnier.

I've seen trolls rendered speechless simply by people agreeing with them. It's funny as heck to see.

Ioneos

old geezer
Trolls that intentionally troll are hilarious. Those noobs who think they know what they're doing are just irritating, making 20 threads and a billions posts per day *cough cough Chaser26 ahem Guardianofthesea cough cough MERAAAPH*

Wyrm

~Setting Sail~
1) Stand around like a useless idiot and ignore them.

2) Watch with morbid interest.

3) Use my report attack.

Champion Jared 14

Well, you can try to troll them back...but when you do it, you have to OUT troll them...You have to go harder than them...otherwise, you'll be easy prey and you'll be eaten alive!!

That or you can just ignore it.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
There are 2 sides of the art of trolling, there is the funny haha trolls and then there are the trolls who aren't funny and just want to annoy people online. What should you do with this kind of behavior? simply ignore them or block them reporting them does nothing tbh. And feeding them only makes things worse.

cadentube

Troll: What is air?
You: Air is a mixture of gasses contained in Earth's atmosphere.
BURN!!
No, dont really do that

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
Well, if you're on SPPf, the default troll response is to reply. Always reply.

To peoples' credit, though, even bad trolls will usually make one or two funny posts during their stay, which is more than the average member has ever accomplished.

irock245

She wants it
^Oh how i wish you could do that..............

Status
Not open for further replies.