• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do I do self trading pokemon with Pokemon Shield and Brilliant Diamond anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

urrutiap

So how exactly do i trade evolve pokemon by myself since I have two Nintendo Switch Lites and Pokemon Shield and Pokemon Brilliant Diamond?

would Shield's trade link code work well with Brilliant Diamond or not?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
You cannot trade Pokemon between Shield and Brilliant Diamond....they're not compatible with one another. You can only trade with another copy of Shield or Sword in Sword and Shield and only with other copies of Shining Pearl or Brilliant Diamond with your copy of Brilliant Diamond.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
For pokedex completion all you need is a Pokemon HOME box in at least one of the consoles and a nintendo account (you only need a subscription the get more than the first free box)
First transfer the pokemon from the first game to a HOME box...then from HOME to the other game. Much better than codes but trade evolutions won't work this way. Keep in mind to check which older pokemons in each game. Some moves were also changed between in the Sinnoh Remakes.
But if you don't delete the moves while they are in Sinnoh they will still be back after sending them back to Sword & Shield.

Also remember to visit the Island of Armor Dojo to remove the Gigantamax ability (Red X symbol) from a Kanto pokemon you wish to transfer, Gigantamax is incompatible with Sinnoh games.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Locking, since this has been answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.