• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How Do I Transfer ITEMS Between Games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wartortled

I'm just beyond frustrated right now that I apparently can't use Home to transfer items. How am I supposed to move Zamazenta's shield? How am I supposed to get the other fossil Pokemon?

Seriously, how? I Googled it and literally everything I saw was about moving Pokemon. I know how to do that.

I'm pretty sure you can't. Pokemon Bank also didn't enable you to transfer items nor did Pokemon Box in gen 3. You'll have to find someone to help you trade to transfer the shield.

All fossils can be found in both generations by interacting with the digging duo in the wild area. Their rarities are reversed though.

Wartortled

But I could easily transfer items through the GTS in previous gens. I guess I assumed since I didn't have that option they'd give us another reasonable option but apparently not.

But I can transfer them with the help of another player, though? I mean... that's not at all ideal, but I guess I don't have a choice :/

keithpetrosky

Why did they remove held items in GTS? What about Pokémon that require items Traded to evolve (ex slowking)? Does the other trades like surprise and room trade allow held items, and most importantly if you know nobody with home on mobile are you saying you can never trade to get items you want? They seriously need to allow held items in GTS...

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Why did they remove held items in GTS? What about Pokémon that require items Traded to evolve (ex slowking)? Does the other trades like surprise and room trade allow held items, and most importantly if you know nobody with home on mobile are you saying you can never trade to get items you want? They seriously need to allow held items in GTS...
This makes evolving Feebas, Swirlix, Aromatisse, Dusklops, Onix, and Rhyperior very difficult to evolve now.

keithpetrosky

This makes evolving Feebas, Swirlix, Aromatisse, Dusklops, Onix, and Rhyperior very difficult to evolve now.

With that said, shame on Nintendo.
For those of us without friends, the only way to get these are random surprise trade luck, or finding one already evolved on GTS from someone who did the trading already. Why they removed held items from GTS I’ll never understand, that was the main trading place and not only that now it’s paid only leaving surprise trade the only option if you can’t pay.
Basically the best way to get these trade item evolutions is play US/UM and use their GTS system then import to new games, which makes any new trading in home or Sw/Sh pointless except to rip us off of money....

Gotta say I’m incredibly upset at this, this is no longer a fun game, more of a chore than anything. It’s to my understanding you can’t trade through the games to someone playing next to you either like you did in previous games?

HeartJoy

With that said, shame on Nintendo.
For those of us without friends, the only way to get these are random surprise trade luck, or finding one already evolved on GTS from someone who did the trading already. Why they removed held items from GTS I’ll never understand, that was the main trading place and not only that now it’s paid only leaving surprise trade the only option if you can’t pay.
Basically the best way to get these trade item evolutions is play US/UM and use their GTS system then import to new games, which makes any new trading in home or Sw/Sh pointless except to rip us off of money....

Gotta say I’m incredibly upset at this, this is no longer a fun game, more of a chore than anything. It’s to my understanding you can’t trade through the games to someone playing next to you either like you did in previous games?
It's really a shame that Nintendo has implemented these changes to the GTS system, making it only accessible to those who have the means to pay. This further limits the ability of players without friends to find certain Pokémon evolutions, which is a huge disadvantage for them compared to other players.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Please don't bump threads that are older than 60 days old. Thanks. There are some exceptions, such as anything that's pinned, fan art and fan fiction. So please double check the rules in each section just to be sure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.