1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

How Do I Transfer ITEMS Between Games?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by Wartortled, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Wartortled

Wartortled Member

I'm just beyond frustrated right now that I apparently can't use Home to transfer items. How am I supposed to move Zamazenta's shield? How am I supposed to get the other fossil Pokemon?

Seriously, how? I Googled it and literally everything I saw was about moving Pokemon. I know how to do that.

2. I'm pretty sure you can't. Pokemon Bank also didn't enable you to transfer items nor did Pokemon Box in gen 3. You'll have to find someone to help you trade to transfer the shield.

All fossils can be found in both generations by interacting with the digging duo in the wild area. Their rarities are reversed though.

3. Wartortled

Wartortled Member

But I could easily transfer items through the GTS in previous gens. I guess I assumed since I didn't have that option they'd give us another reasonable option but apparently not.

But I can transfer them with the help of another player, though? I mean... that's not at all ideal, but I guess I don't have a choice :/

4. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Of course you can.

5. keithpetrosky

keithpetrosky Well-Known Member

Why did they remove held items in GTS? What about Pokémon that require items Traded to evolve (ex slowking)? Does the other trades like surprise and room trade allow held items, and most importantly if you know nobody with home on mobile are you saying you can never trade to get items you want? They seriously need to allow held items in GTS...

6. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

This makes evolving Feebas, Swirlix, Aromatisse, Dusklops, Onix, and Rhyperior very difficult to evolve now.

7. keithpetrosky

keithpetrosky Well-Known Member

With that said, shame on Nintendo.
    For those of us without friends, the only way to get these are random surprise trade luck, or finding one already evolved on GTS from someone who did the trading already. Why they removed held items from GTS I’ll never understand, that was the main trading place and not only that now it’s paid only leaving surprise trade the only option if you can’t pay.
    Basically the best way to get these trade item evolutions is play US/UM and use their GTS system then import to new games, which makes any new trading in home or Sw/Sh pointless except to rip us off of money....

Gotta say I’m incredibly upset at this, this is no longer a fun game, more of a chore than anything. It’s to my understanding you can’t trade through the games to someone playing next to you either like you did in previous games?

8. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member